edited September 2015
    Record: 1-1

Chiefs -3
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    sosoangry wrote: »
    Record: 1-1

Chiefs -3

If you're keeping a record, you need to include units.

Also, please include juice around key numbers. KC should be graded at -3 -120.

Thanks.
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ok, but according to Recordkeeping web site notes, it says to use -110 unless key number 3 and 7. But Pinny often has say -5 -102 etc. Should I just always post line and lay? (i was going to just assume -110 as a rule, since over a season -120 and -104 etc. tend to wash to -110)
    edited September 2015
    Ok, but according to Recordkeeping web site notes, it says to use -110 unless key number 3 and 7. But Pinny often has say -5 -102 etc. Should I just always post line and lay? (i was going to just assume -110 as a rule, since over a season -120 and -104 etc. tend to wash to -110)

When using Pinny, you should normalize to a 20c line by adding about 5c to their lines. So when they have -102, it's really -107 (so grading at -110 isn't really more than a few cents off). In most cases, unless the line is really shaded, just use the # from Pinny and don't worry about the juice.

Basically, just try to be conservative. When in doubt, use the worse line. It is understood that everyone should be doing better in their own betting via line shopping, reduced vig, etc.

Hope that helps clarify things.
    edited September 2015
    OK, I guess. I try to be conservative PLUS I assume people shop for best lines. Net net should be worst case = -110 over time. Makes it easier for me to just show ATS win/loss record and everyone can do the -110 for units. BUT I'll instead show lay money because it will make it easier for me to tabulate.
    (of course for baseball much different)
    edited September 2015
    OK, I guess. I try to be conservative PLUS I assume people shop for best lines. Net net should be worst case = -110 over time. Makes it easier for me to just show ATS win/loss record and everyone can do the -110 for units. BUT I'll instead show lay money because it will make it easier for me to tabulate.
    (of course for baseball much different)

You need to show units because of the non -110 plays (i.e. KC -3 -120).
    edited September 2015
    Right, get it, but using Pinny, the BT choice for lines, there will be more -104 than -120, but whatever, I'll post spread and lay for each play
    edited September 2015
    263 TB +9
    265 SF +5.5
    270 Buff -1
    275 SD +3.5
    edited September 2015
    282 Oak +4.5
    287 Sea +3.5 -123
    edited September 2015
    Jets +6
    edited September 2015
    Record: 4-6, -2.8 units

Redskins +3
    edited September 2015
    465 TB +6
    478 Tenn +3
    480 Dallas -1
    483 Bears +14.5
    488 Lions +3
    edited September 2015
    KC +6 -115
    edited October 2015
    KC +3.5
    SF +7.5
    edited October 2015
    Record: 5-14, -10.65 units

Unlike my baseball season, which has been quite successful, it's been a horrible start to the football season. No excuses. Same goes for college football. I've made adjustments, hopefully I can climb out of this hole and turn profitable by season end.

Texans -5
    edited October 2015
    Browns +6
    Eagles -6.5
    Titans Pk
    Redskins +7
    Rams +9
    edited October 2015
    Cards -4.5
    Raiders +4
    Giants -7.5
    edited October 2015
    SD -4
    edited October 2015
    Saints +3
    edited October 2015
    Browns +3.5
    Lions -3.5
    Jets -7.5
    edited October 2015
    Record: 12-20, -10.25 units

Giants +3.5
    edited October 2015
    SF +6.5

I don't often write commentary on my picks, but must say Seattle is overrated. The line continues to be inflated thanks to history. Don't get me wrong, 49ers are not good, but frankly they're not as bad they played in September. I have this game at more/less pickem, or maybe Seattle -1 or perhaps -2, but NOT -6.5. The books are keeping the line tuned to the public and I'll take advantage.
    edited October 2015
    Jags +4
    Rams -6.5
    Chiefs -3
    Lions +1.5
    Falcons -6
    edited October 2015
    Ravens +10 -115

C'mon, +10? I had the game at Az -6 and was going to pass. But where will this line close, -11? -13? The once very good Ravens have quit?? I'm willing to chance it at no. I can't see this team on prime time & the only game on TV, laying an egg.

Meanwhile, I think Ariz has become a bit overrated, but look at their last 3 games. They lose SU and ATS to a not-great Rams team, despite benefiting from a +3 net turnover margin (!), and they lose SU and ATS to a not-great Steelers team despite benefiting from a +3 net turnover margin (!!). They do beat a not-great Lions team, but benefiting from a +6 (!!) net turnover margin.

If Arizona benefits from a +5 or greater turnover margin (which is huge!), I will lose. But incredibly they've lost SU and ATS two recent games despite benefiting from a +3 net turnover in each, which is hard to do. I don't see Flacco and Co. turning the ball over left and right. +10 is just too high.
    edited October 2015
    Dolphins +8
    edited November 2015
    Jets -8
    Titans +7.5 -115
    edited November 2015
    Bears +3.5

Both of these teams are awful, take the generous 3 and hook in a game that should be pick'em on any field.
    edited November 2015
    Bills +2
    edited November 2015
    Off 8-2 day yesterday, slowly recovering from hole dug early in season...

Cowboys -1
    Dolphins +6
    Raiders -3
    Giants +7 -115
    edited November 2015
    Lions -1
    Colts +4.5
    Broncos -1