Betting Talk

Tom Brady did it! Suspension overturned in court!!

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
News is breaking now. Although I'm pretty confident he was knowingly deflating the footballs I'm happy to see it get overturned. NFL was setting a dangerous precedent suspending people with no evidence.

Comments

• TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    NFL can still appeal, and they probably will. Doubt it matters much. From the sound of it the NFL wasn't even close to putting up a case in court.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    The guy can't lose.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Berman said Brady could not be suspended for “general awareness” of others’ conduct, as an N.F.L. investigative report determined.

Brady had no notice that such conduct was prohibited or any reasonable certainty of potential discipline stemming from such conduct,’’ the judge wrote.

What happened to the guys who where deflating the balls?? Why weren't they in court to testify??

No awareness?? LOL Court system is fucked up in this country. You get caught doing something and want to come out smelling like a rose you better have plenty of money and connections with people in high places like our man Brady, or else you can go to prison for stealing a lollipop.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    What happened to the guys who where deflating the balls?? Why weren't they in court to testify??

No awareness?? LOL Court system is fucked up in this country. You get caught doing something and want to come out smelling like a rose you better have plenty of money and connections with people in high places like our man Brady, or else you can go to prison for stealing a lollipop.

Mmmm, he doesn't have more money or connections than the NFL. And he didn't get caught doing anything.
    edited September 2015
    Ok so the judge overturned the suspension and you say Brady didn't get caught doing anything. So tell me what happened to the 2 guys deflating the balls? Where are they now? Didn't they admit to deflating the balls? He doesn't need more money or connections than the NFL because they are both part of the same criminal enterprise and work hand to hand.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ok so the judge overturned the suspension and you say Brady didn't get caught doing anything. So tell me what happened to the 2 guys deflating the balls? Where are they now? Didn't they admit to deflating the balls? He doesn't need more money or connections than the NFL because they are both part of the same criminal enterprise and work hand to hand.

From what I understand the case wasn't about whether or not Tom Brady did it, it was about whether or not the NFL had enough evidence to levy such a suspension. All they were reviewing was the information the league already had before making the suspension announcement so the guys who copped to it weren't needed.
    edited September 2015
    Jake, thanks for clearing that up, because I initially misunderstood this whole case with the judge involved.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    It's the fact that the punishment was a joke. Fine him, whatever, Aaron Rodgers admits to overinflating the balls. Crickets. Most teams believe their own QB's manipulate the balls. Crickets. You really think that was worth the same suspension as PED's? He just threw a number out there and hoped it would stick. You can't make things up as you go along and not expect some pushback. If there was a rule, like for PED's that said "if you do this, you get a 4 game suspension", I guarantee you it wouldn't have happened. All great players/coaches, etc, look to bend the rules. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
    edited September 2015
    If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying

Exactly, but there is still naive people out there and oblivious to the fact that these things are really happening in the sports world.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015

No one has admitted deflating the balls although the two equipment guys remain suspended by the team. Wraps the NFL can't even prove the balls were deflated, all they know is that some, not all, some, contained less than the required 12.5 psi. It appears to be possible that the reason could even be weather related as the league has never studied what happens to the balls in cold weather. Total clusterfuck from day 1 on this. Kraft should have sued instead of forfeiting the draft picks.
    edited September 2015
    Steve, the story you wrote a while back about the hockey coaches moving the opponents bench further in and back to cause delay of switching players. I got a good kick out of that one. :D You should see what soccer personal was doing on the soccer fields in Italy. They dug out trap holes on the field and cover them up slightly so the opposing team can trip and fall either on offense or defense. Once it was discovered they started checking the fields before every game. :)
    edited September 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    No one has admitted deflating the balls although the two equipment guys remain suspended by the team. Wraps the NFL can't even prove the balls were deflated, all they know is that some, not all, some, contained less than the required 12.5 psi. It appears to be possible that the reason could even be weather related as the league has never studied what happens to the balls in cold weather. Total clusterfuck from day 1 on this. Kraft should have sued instead of forfeiting the draft picks.

Your right that's what Kraft should of done and I still wonder why he didn't.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    Steve, the story you wrote a while back about the hockey coaches moving the opponents bench further in and back to cause delay of switching players. I got a good kick out of that one. :D You should see what soccer personal was doing on the soccer fields in Italy. They dug out trap holes on the field and cover them up slightly so the opposing team can trip and fall either on offense or defense. Once it was discovered they started checking the fields before every game. :)

In our tournament in the Netherlands this year, we were playing Japan in the semi-finals. 3rd inning, the home plate umpire got popped with a foul ball and had to leave the game. All games before the finals are played with 3 umpires. They didn't have an alternate guy ready so we played with 2 umps. 5th inning, we are down 2-1, runner on 1st and i am up. i hit a ball down the right field line, looked foul, they called it fair, i get a double, runner moves up to 3rd. Japan is going nuts arguing(we don't like each other to begin with, every Japanese team I have played have been asses). 2 out, next guy gets the old swinging bunt down the 3rd base line. 3rd baseman comes in and throws to 1st, beats the throw, I score from 2nd soon after the guy on 3rd scores. They appeal saying I missed 3rd base. Both umps look at each other and just say safe. See, I knew the home plate ump had the runner coming home and base ump had the batter running to 1st. No one watching me. I basically cut about 4 steps off my trip by making my turn right at the infield grass, think I stepped on the grass actually. They went nuts. When I came up the next time, the catcher said "that was weak", my reply "not my job to ump the game so fuck you". :)