Betting Talk

Upsets

randy2005randy2005 Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
The computer likes the underdog as the outright winner. This is every upset projected by the computer.
Last Regular Season: 60-50 SU (.545), 68-42 ATS (.618)
This Season: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
Last Week: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
This Week: 0-0 SU (.000), 0-0 ATS (.000)
PAST RECORDS
Thursday, September 3
HAWAII by 3.38 over Colorado (-8) - Let me get this right - one of the worst teams in the FBS has to make the difficult journey to Hawaii and is somehow listed as an 8-point favorite? I had to check the line a half-dozen times just to make sure I wasn't looking at it wrong.

North Carolina by 2.44 over South Carolina (-1) (at Charlotte) - An argument could certainly be made for this computer upset pick. A year ago, South Carolina turned preseason glory into an Autumn disaster and only finished 7-6 because of a lackluster Independence Bowl win over a nondescript Miami Hurricane team. That's why the oddsmakers,a and the computer, have this game as a virtual toss-up.

Saturday, September 5
Arizona State by 5.34 over Texas A&M (-3) (at Houston) - Arizona State is one of five teams in the PAC-12 South that could win that division. The Aggies were just 3-5 in their last 8 games in 2014.

TEMPLE by 2.56 over Penn State (-6) - Now THIS would be a major upset. The Owls have lost 38 straight to the Nittany Lions with their last win occurring in 1941.

Western Kentucky by 6.35 over VANDEBRILT (-2.5) - The Hilltoppers ranked 4th in total offense a year ago, 6th in scoring offense, and 2nd in passing offense. The question here is whether or not Vanderbilt can even begin to keep up. The 'Dores were 125th in scoring offense, 106th in scoring defense, and 70th in total defense.

Comments

• BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    "VANDEBRILT (-2.5) "--- looks like you're going on the openers from 3 weeks ago. Not much help today-- W Ky -2.5
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Randy, could you please condense your picks/thoughts into a single thread each week?

Also, if you plan to keep a record, please make sure you are following the record keeping guidelines and using lines available at the time of your post.

Thanks for understanding.
  • randy2005randy2005 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    yes Goats
    but i m not plan to keep record
    bc line move and i dont have time to adjust
    thanks
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    randy2005 wrote: »
    HAWAII by 3.38 over Colorado (-8) - Let me get this right - one of the worst teams in the FBS has to make the difficult journey to Hawaii and is somehow listed as an 8-point favorite? I had to check the line a half-dozen times just to make sure I wasn't looking at it wrong.

Aren't there probably about 50 teams worse than Colorado? Am I missing something here in this write-up?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    randy2005 wrote: »
    yes Goats
    but i m not plan to keep record
    bc line move and i dont have time to adjust
    thanks

No problem on the record, but please stick to one thread per week anyway. Thanks.