Betting Talk

Favorite CFB Scoreboard Site (non line service)?

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Looking for a site with a compact scoreboard that lists as many games as possible without having to scroll way down the page. Not really looking for play-by-play (this isn't for if I'm really trying to sweat games), just a scoreboard that slides live games to the top and is fairly close to real time.

I used a compact one at sportsnetwork.com for both CFB and CBB for many years but that site was bought out by Stats Inc. Someone recommended it to me a long time ago so I figured I'd see if there were any other less mainstream sites (i.e. espn, cbssports, yahoo, etc.) I wasn't aware of .

TIA.

Comments

• rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I like the espn sc app - it shows all the sports - updates seem timely and has game plan for most games
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Try flashscore.com use it for soccer and tennis
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    flashscore is terrible for american sports
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Try http://www.covers.com/sports/ncaaf/matchups

not too compact, but they do put games that are final at the bottom.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    SBRodds is what I usually use. Games in progress at the top (with who has the ball, down/distance, etc), completed games under it, and games still on the board at the bottom.
    edited September 2015
    Try http://www.covers.com/sports/ncaaf/matchups

not too compact, but they do put games that are final at the bottom.

Forgot to mention their new feature-- you can check the games you're interested in and they will be at the top. Worked pretty good last CBB season.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like I have a nice little list to choose from.
    edited September 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like I have a nice little list to choose from.

Let us know what you choose. I'm invested in this now.
    edited September 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    Let us know what you choose. I'm invested in this now.

Will do. Covers is an early favorite due to the ability to select certain games. I'm not a CFB fan and only care about the games in which I have action. Pretty sure CBSSports used to have that feature but removed it a few years ago. I'll check a few out tonight though.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Will do. Covers is an early favorite due to the ability to select certain games. I'm not a CFB fan and only care about the games in which I have action. Pretty sure CBSSports used to have that feature but removed it a few years ago. I'll check a few out tonight though.

First day of college football season, and he's been e-mailing me about the US Men's under-23 friendly soccer game today. :)
    edited September 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    First day of college football season, and he's been e-mailing me about the US Men's under-23 friendly soccer game today. :)

And you responded about being busy watching tennis. :zzz:

EDIT: Plus I just saw you've been busy capping/posting Euro qualifiers. #doublestandard
    edited September 2015
    TommyL wrote: »

That makes him a Communist spy-- if not an outright terrorist. :D
    edited September 2015
    That makes him a Communist spy-- if not an outright terrorist. :D

C'mon now, it's a UNITED STATES NATIONAL TEAM! Can't get more patriotic than that. Tommy's the one busy focusing on a bunch of Europeans. :)
    edited September 2015
    C'mon now, it's a UNITED STATES NATIONAL TEAM! Can't get more patriotic than that. Tommy's the one busy focusing on a bunch of Europeans. :)

I guess we can let it slide, but anyone even watching a soccer game is on the radar of Homeland Security.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited September 2015

CBS used to be awesome......They even had the little stick figures simulating the game.......I know tons of people who used to go there, now no one does.
    edited September 2015
    Back to the original topic...

As I expected, I liked the ability to select games at Covers but their updates seemed to lag quite a bit. It would probably be fine if I wasn't really looking to follow too closely.

SBRodds seems like a better choice for paying closer attention.
  • go_for_broke808go_for_broke808 Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    Here's one that I like to use, it's one of my favorite scoreboards. The link is for NCAAF but each sport has their own .

http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/scoreboard.asp

Good luck!
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Here's one that I like to use, it's one of my favorite scoreboards. The link is for NCAAF but each sport has their own .

http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/scoreboard.asp

Good luck!

pretty much the same as the nbc one except it has color
    edited September 2015
    I like a lot of the changes at ESPN.com, but I am not a fan of the new scoreboard. Each game takes a ton of space.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    I like a lot of the changes at ESPN.com, but I am not a fan of the new scoreboard. Each game takes a ton of space.

The worldwide leader usually lags behind everyone else as far as up to the minute goes..
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Espns new interface on mobile is horrible... Sbrodds is the one I use, not perfect, but better than most.