Betting Talk

The Trade

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
The Rangers trade for Cole Hamels & Jake Diekman. PHI gets Matt Harrison, Asher, Eickhoff, Williams & Alfaro.
The Yankees should have gone after him hard. Hope they don't think they can win it with Tanaka,Pineda and Nova there kidding themselfs. I still think Pineda or Tanaka or both won't finish the season but if by chance they do a leftie like Hamels at home would make it Hamels,Tanaka,Pineda and Nova as a 4th. you can win with that.

Comments

• warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I agree, hopefully we can snag David "at the right" Price and IMO I would give Evoladi the edge over Nova to be the 4th but plenty of starts left to change that
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    yanks will be fine, price would get yanks over the top

ot what you doing up so late
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    rumors about chapman coming here , great guy , i met him a few times, works out in gym i go to down near davie fla

am just wondering why and how much it would cost the yanks
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    jets96 wrote: »
    yanks will be fine, price would get yanks over the top

ot what you doing up so late

nice shot Jets lol, but all kidding aside I question Tanaka and Pineda holding up through August and Sept. Could be an over reaction based on last year and hopefully I'm wrong. Pineda has looked terrible and I just hope it's a bad run not an injury I also think your right about Evoladi over Nova at this point.. Warrior I'm with you hopefully we can get price. The Old man would have them both in stripes already lol

Let me just throw this out there pick up Cespedes move Beltran to DH (He can't move anymore) Don't know if Cespedes can play right field or possibly moving Garner there and moving Arod to SS at 40 we know he can still hit how about fielding for a couple of months. You upgrade your hitting also.. Now I'm not thinking contacts or how much money I'm just thinking that the Yanks have a shot this year something I thought would never happen. The American league is up for grabs with K.City being the team to beat at this point. They made a big pick-up with Cueto but the starting pitching still remains a weak link in there team.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    jets96 wrote: »
    rumors about chapman coming here , great guy , i met him a few times, works out in gym i go to down near davie fla

am just wondering why and how much it would cost the yanks

A package starting with either Luis Severino or Aaron Judge, I would think
    edited July 2015
    Price to the Blue Jays for prospects...I guess they really want that wildcard spot
    edited July 2015
    Price to the Blue Jays for prospects...I guess they really want that wildcard spot

Looks that way but on the tigers side it makes sense.

Cueto,Hamels and Price should have gotten one.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    The Yankees are putting Pineda on the DL, I know Cashman wants to hang onto his top prospects, but how do they not get a starting pitcher. KC, Texas, and Toronto made bold moves, but the Yankees are gonna sit on the sideline? I question whether their rotation is good enough to win in October
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    The Yankees just picked up Dustin Ackley. Dustin Ackley? WTF
    edited July 2015
    WTF is right...Don't see much of an upgrade from Drew but I do believe he can fair well in Yankee stadium...can we get an arm please if there are any left
    edited July 2015
    kane wrote: »
    The Yankees are putting Pineda on the DL, I know Cashman wants to hang onto his top prospects, but how do they not get a starting pitcher. KC, Texas, and Toronto made bold moves, but the Yankees are gonna sit on the sideline? I question whether their rotation is good enough to win in October

I told ya he won't last the season. Don't think he's not going back after he comes back. Some players have that cloud all that talent and can't stay healthy. I also think Tanaka doesn't make the year and at some point it's TJ for him to much stress on the elbow.
    Dustin Ackley what does he do Pitch I hope lol Man I miss the old man I never care what people said about him I lived through the 60's/70's the Horace Clarke years late 60's and 70's the man brought baseball back to New York regardless of the way he did it he played by the rules.
    edited July 2015
    On another subject 5dimes has E.Encarnacion -110 vs Hosmer Hit,Runs Rbi's " Edwin Encarnacion is downgraded to not expected to be in the starting lineup Thursday vs. Kansas City Royals ( Finger ) Doesn't say anything about must start is that stardard because I don't bet props all that much
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    WTF is right...Don't see much of an upgrade from Drew but I do believe he can fair well in Yankee stadium...can we get an arm please if there are any left

Mike Leake is available. he's not in the same class as those other guys, but it won't cost the Yankees a lot
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I told ya he won't last the season. Don't think he's not going back after he comes back. Some players have that cloud all that talent and can't stay healthy. I also think Tanaka doesn't make the year and at some point it's TJ for him to much stress on the elbow.
    Dustin Ackley what does he do Pitch I hope lol Man I miss the old man I never care what people said about him I lived through the 60's/70's the Horace Clarke years late 60's and 70's the man brought baseball back to New York regardless of the way he did it he played by the rules.

Back in the day, he would have traded for Hamels and Price, LOL. Seriously, I don't understand why they haven't made a move for a pitcher, like I said, I know Cash is doing things his way, meaning not giving up top prospects, but that's all they are, prospects, and there's no guarantee any of them will become good major leaguers. The Yankees have a legitimate shot at the WS, but I don't see it happening unless they get another starter, and all the best ones are gone. Someone mentioned they might have some interest in Chapman, him, Betances, and Miller would give them a dominant bullpen, but they're not getting Chapman without giving up one of their stud prospects anyway. I wonder what Yankee fans are saying on talk radio right about now, I'm sure they can't be too happy
    edited July 2015
    Of course we're not there and really don't know what's going on and being asked for and what's being said but it's hard to believe the Yankees haven't come away with any of the top three. Yankees fans are spoiled and it's just the way it s and you expected to come away with one of them. There hitting is at a level right not that can't be expected to stay that way and as everyone knows the team with the best starting three and with a good bullpen will be there at the end. Is it possible he thinks his bullpen is good enough that his starters need to give him 6 innings and maybe some days only 5 innings and win the way the Angels won in 2002.

Really don't know what's on there mind. I could understand if they were a few games over 500 and thinking will build off of that without giving anything up. But there 14 games over 500 with a 6 game lead over Balt and 7 over Toronto which has inproved and Toronto has a +100 runs scored 2nd to the cards who are +105 and lead all of baseball. That was the worst team that could have picked up Price as far as the Yankees were concerned.

Maybe it's me but the American league just doesn't look that tough this year. K.City should be but there starting pitching is also questionable the Angels aren't scaring anyone. I do believe in Houston but I also believe August and Sep is going to grind them but a team on the rise should get a Wild Card if not the division. The Yankees IMO had a real shot at coming out as Eastern Division champs and moving on from there. I think you will see a decline in the Yankees over the next Month or so and feel by the first week of August it's possible first place will be a memory. That bullpen is going to get worked over and Sept when they play there division plus 3 with the Mets and 4 with the White Sox who are playing the way I thought they would play this year. They have a ways to go but you can't count them out just yet for a wild card. I think they may have missed the brass ring on the merry go round. Are you old enough to remember that? lol
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Mike Leake is available. he's not in the same class as those other guys, but it won't cost the Yankees a lot

Leake doesn't blow hitters away but 27 yr olds who can give you 200 innings at around 3.75 have a LOT of value.
    edited August 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Leake doesn't blow hitters away but 27 yr olds who can give you 200 innings at around 3.75 have a LOT of value.

I agree with what you say about Leake and didn't understand the steam on Texas and took Leake for his first start for San Fran against Texas. Don't know what I'm missing but for -109 I'll take a shot. Agree that -136 might have been a little high but -109 maybe a little to low.