Betting Talk

Brady 4-game suspension

Obi OneObi One Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
Goodell has upheld his initial ruling of the 4-game suspension for Tom Brady. New revealed information is that Brady had his assistant destroy his phone shortly prior to talking to investigator Ted Wells and his team.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Question I have is:
    Who are this guy's lawyers???
    All he had to to is jump off that cliff with the phone in his pocket and make sure it stayed on the bottom of that lake........ Or some other 'oops my phone doesn't work anymore' trick.......
    edited July 2015
    The chance of getting his suspension overturned by a federal judge has been greatly reduced now.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Wow! The fact that Brady destroyed his phone tells you he's guilty and knew all about the deflated balls, which is what I thought all along. It's still hard for me to believe he'll miss those four games, but this new information is big, interested to see how this all plays out.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    No doubt in my mind he knew about the deflated balls. There would be absolutely no reason for the ball boys to deflate the ball if Brady didn't authorize it. Let's see how this affects the season total for the Pats. I see losses to Pitt and Indy without Brady, they should still be able to beat Buffalo and Jax.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    federal judge shouldn't even be an option and he knew about the balls and so did his coach!! i play alot of softball and even my amateur self can feel the difference between a 28oz bat and a 26oz bat, but dont forget these are the "puritans" of the nfl and i still find it hard to believe that he will miss those four games. glad goodell stayed strong for now but we are still 6 weeks out. and buck i think they lose three because i think they lose at ralph wilson also
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2015
    Probably had too much info about his side pieces on the phone.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    didn't other QB's say they alter the game balls before a game the way they like them. This is pure BS and I'm not a NE Fan. Remember the NE snow plow to kick the winning field goal against Miami. Can't remember if it was a playoff game or not.
  • jahpokerjahpoker Junior Member
    edited July 2015
    John Smith baby!
    edited July 2015
    Brady's numbers with properly inflated balls (since the 2nd H of the Indy game and the full Superbowl)

49-64 for 76.6%
    459 yards
    6 TD
    2 INT
    7.2 YPA
    114.0 passer rating

Ow yeah, not to forget, Seattle was the 5th ranked pass defense in the league and the nr1 overall defense.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Not to derail the covo, but most of these QB's, coaches, and owners along with Godel all belong behind bars. One day it will all be made public info
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    The chance of getting his suspension overturned by a federal judge has been greatly reduced now.

Why? The NFL still has NO EVIDENCE against Brady. You guys can speculate all you want but a 4 game suspension carries a loss of 4 game checks. How'd you like to lose a quarter of your yearly salary like that.
  • Joey KnishJoey Knish Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    Probably had too much info about his side pieces on the phone.

This!
    edited July 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Why? The NFL still has NO EVIDENCE against Brady. You guys can speculate all you want but a 4 game suspension carries a loss of 4 game checks. How'd you like to lose a quarter of your yearly salary like that.

You're right,
    I shouldn't be speculating. I'll let the judge decide.
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Believe it will be 5 checks because they have a bye week 4 and I believe they get paid for the bye week as well
    edited July 2015
    Do you really think Brady will personally lose any money?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Do you really think Brady will personally lose any money?

Who's going to make it up? Kraft? Unlikely imo.
    edited July 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Who's going to make it up? Kraft? Unlikely imo.

I believe the team will it's not like it hasn't been done before. The man took a cut in paid so the salary cap will keep him and the team in contention for some more years it is now payback time. In today's world with the money they throw around how much are you really talking about. I believe he will but will never know. IMO of course. If I had his money I would.
    edited July 2015
    Kraft is one of the cheapest people alive today.
    edited July 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Kraft is one of the cheapest people alive today.

How may ask you know this from reading the newspaper. Personally I could be considered cheap on things I don't feel are worth the investment and on the other hand I may even over spend if I felt the investment would come back in a positive way either with money or in other ways. To judge someone that you don't know personally or have ever had dealings with is meaningless. Keep reading the newspaper everythings they say is right on. dog added IMO to me that's an acceptable statement on the other hand you say it like you had dealings with him. To be honest I couldn't give a shit but after a man takes a salary cut and does someting that I believe isn't really a crime to not paid after what Brady has done with N.E now that would be a crime.
    edited July 2015
    One thing to add most billionaires have short arms.
    edited July 2015
    on the other hand you say it like you had dealings with him

I just called him and asked him if he could lend me 5 dollar and he said, Sorry I don't have it, I just spend 5 dollar on my lunch :laughing:
    edited August 2015
    Couple of great links, provided by Sally Jenkins from the WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/the-nfls-basic-due-process-is-the-real-issue-in-the-deflategate-controversy/2015/07/30/ebda3b02-3666-11e5-9d0f-7865a67390ee_story.html

All the legal questions explained (LawBoy you around?)
    http://www.stradleylaw.com/deflategate-legal-questions/

Things are not looking good for Goodell:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/tom-brady-sympathy-for-the-devil-20150731

Patriots publishing e-mails to-and-fro the NFL Office, this is not looking good for the NFL:
    http://wellsreportcontext.com/league-failure-to-correct-misinformation/