Betting Talk

Ed ras cfb?

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
Ed- when can we expect your cfb subscriptions to be up for purchase? Still going with the credit system? Thx

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Ed- when can we expect your cfb subscriptions to be up for purchase? Still going with the credit system? Thx

Early August. Not sure yet.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    over/under 6 pages if Ed starts 0-1 or worse
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    How much can I bet on the over? Bet is void if Goats deletes thread.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I was going to ask if that 'golfer' tool was still around. If he was, I was gonna take the over. Then I noticed he actually started the thread.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    How much can I bet on the over? Bet is void if Goats deletes thread.

I'll have that little safety switch you see military pilots in movies flip open when they go "weapons hot" removed with my finger on the the "close thread" button if/when the time arises. No worries. :)
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    I was going to ask if that 'golfer' tool was still around. If he was, I was gonna take the over. Then I noticed he actually started the thread.

Golfer is one of the few here who actually make this place interesting, at least he breathes a little life into this place. Ed should change the name from "betting talk" to "boring talk", cause that's what this place is
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Golfer is one of the few here who actually make this place interesting, at least he breathes a little life into this place. Ed should change the name from "betting talk" to "boring talk", cause that's what this place is

Touche' my friend.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
    Pig Vomit: How can that be?
    Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
    Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
    Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
    Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
    Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Did we at 1 point have a golfer meltdown/bitch thread of sorts?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    ericvanden wrote: »
    Did we at 1 point have a golfer meltdown/bitch thread of sorts?

We sure did.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2015

I beg to differ Kanester,
    Don't mistake his 'over-the-top-premature-whining-while-he-knows-and-understands-variance' for 'interesting'
    While the summer months have been slow, we're almost arriving at the start of the 2 football seasons and the soccer season, followed 2 months later by more basket and hockey.

Got a couple of posters posting quality winning picks, so while it may be slow in the threads, there's enough quality to go by. I could do with less of the drama. As always, with respect,
    Obi
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited July 2015

You are a grown man asking that another grown man be able to start a bitch thread about plays that he buys from a company that runs this forum? Seriously WTF is the matter with you?

Just because you like to like to tilt publicly about a game or read about people tilting over a play doesn't mean everyone else does. There are plenty of other forums and other forms of social media where that stuff can be done. Insulting the forum owner when he provides a site for players to post, without all that garbage, is ridiculous as well. Wow!
    edited July 2015
    It just doesn't provide anything useful and eventually it crosses the line with some of the things that are said. Everyone is entitled to a vent on occasion and we all have but the guy who says he different in person crosses that line time after time. I have idea if your into that exchange emails and have at it.:cry:
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    You are a grown man asking that another grown man be able to start a bitch thread about plays that he buys from a company that runs this forum? Seriously WTF is the matter with you?

Just because you like to like to tilt publicly about a game or read about people tilting over a play doesn't mean everyone else does. There are plenty of other forums and other forms of social media where that stuff can be done. Insulting the forum owner when he provides a site for players to post, without all that garbage, is ridiculous as well. Wow!

Golfer's bitch thread was one of the more entertaining threads here, if you don't like it, then stay out of it, it's that simple. I don't know dick about the stock market, so guess what? I've never once clicked on the stock market thread since it doesn't interest me, see how easy it is. I never understood why someone would enter Golfer's thread just to complain about it, if you don't like a thread, then stay out of it, simple. As far as insulting the forum owner, if you think me calling this place boring is such an insult, you don't know what the word insult means. Ed's a big boy, I'm sure he won't lose any sleep because a long time member had the audacity to say his forum is boring. You think the stuff I post is garbage, fine, I think the stuff you post is garbage as well, I never click on any of your power ranking threads since I have no use for it, I suggest you do the same with mine
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Interesting that you ignore a stock market thread that will make money and stir up interesting conversation. Same goes with some of the stuff I post but you go out of your way to push for a thread that does nothing but promote the lowest common denominator in humans.

Gotcha. I get it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    I beg to differ Kanester,
    Don't mistake his 'over-the-top-premature-whining-while-he-knows-and-understands-variance' for 'interesting'
    While the summer months have been slow, we're almost arriving at the start of the 2 football seasons and the soccer season, followed 2 months later by more basket and hockey.

Got a couple of posters posting quality winning picks, so while it may be slow in the threads, there's enough quality to go by. I could do with less of the drama. As always, with respect,
    Obi

Obi, this pace is boring, there's no denying what I said. Right now we're in the middle of baseball season, the playoff races are heating up, the trade deadline is just a few days away and there's no discussions about any of it. Last night when I heard about the Tulo trade to Toronto, I was thinking of logging on and posting about it, then I thought, why bother, no one will respond anyway. The other forums I'm a member of have all had good discussions regarding not only this trade, but Cueto going to KC, among others, Cole Hamels is likely to get moved in the next day or so, I could go to any other forum and start a thread about where Hamels might end up and which team would be a perfect fit for him, and by the end of the day there would be lots of views and plenty of replies, here there would be crickets, except for OT, I could see him commenting, but that would be it. No question there are some quality cappers here and their pick threads are solid, but when I say this place is boring, I'm talking about no discussions about anything. I'm not a Mets fan, but I enjoy posting in the Mets thread just to have some baseball talk. You say you could do with less drama, but here there isn't any drama, I understand not wanting this place to turn into a place like SBR, but one drama filled bitch thread isn't leading to a slipper slope. And like I keep saying, if there's a thread that doesn't interest someone, then that person shouldn't click on it. I don't care about soccer, so I never click on any of the soccer threads, to me soccer sucks and I have no interest in it, but I don't complain about it, if someone wants to start a soccer thread, by all means have at it, just because it doesn't suit me doesn't mean the thread can't exist. I laugh every time someone would go into Golfer's bitch thread to bitch about his bitch thread. You are one of the poster here who I respect Obi, and you're right, when football, then hoops start I'm sure things will get a bit more lively, but right now what I said is true, this place is boring, I don't think that's really even debatable. A month or two ago, Ed changed the format back to the way it is now, the reason for the change in the first place was to drive more conversations, it didn't work and the change back to the current format hasn't done anything either. BTW, this is also the only forum I belong to where the mods aren't actively involved, and I'm not talking about a pick thread, I'm talking about a mod starting a thread about something that draws interest and sparks a conversation. I like Goats and Tommy, so this isn't a shot at them by any means, but this place would be better if they were more involved by starting a thread every now and then that would lead to some good conversation.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    Interesting that you ignore a stock market thread that will make money and stir up interesting conversation. Same goes with some of the stuff I post but you go out of your way to push for a thread that does nothing but promote the lowest common denominator in humans.

Gotcha. I get it.

LIke I said, I don't know dick about the market, so why would I click on that thread, it doesn't do anything for me, now if I was someone who played the market, then of course that thread would have interest to me. I liked Golfer's thread, to me it was entertaining, obviously you disagree, but rather than just not entering it, you go in there and bitch about it, why? There's an Indian restaurant down the street from my house, since I don't care for Indian food, I've never gone in there, I would never think of going in there and bitching about Indian food, I simply choose to ignore it, I suggest you do the same about whatever thread you don't care for, instead of complaining about it, just don't enter it, seems pretty simple to me.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Obi, this pace is boring, there's no denying what I said.
    ...but when I say this place is boring, I'm talking about no discussions about anything.
    ....this place is boring, I don't think that's really even debatable.

I agree with you, most of us agree to this,
    Just saying a Golfer bitch thread is not my type of 'interesting'
    I don't care about soccer, so I never click on any of the soccer threads, to me soccer sucks and I have no interest in it,

Too bad bro,
    This Shakhtar Donetsk (RUS) vs Fenerbahce (TUR) match is on fire right now. One attack after the other......and I'm watching the turkish stream LOL
    edited July 2015
    I'm talking about a mod starting a thread about something that draws interest and sparks a conversation. I like Goats and Tommy, so this isn't a shot at them by any means, but this place would be better if they were more involved by starting a thread every now and then that would lead to some good conversation.

I've said that many times and with all due respect they appear (I don't know them personally) good guys. They have bitch threads in the other furums I know what your talking about but it's completely different Golfer (The Tool as Kas says :)) takes it to another level with is unacceptable.
    I agree this place is somewhat boring and I don't come around like I use to but it's a different type of sports forum i's not like the others with everyone wishing everyone good luck every day after day without any opinions. But think of this obi put out his football futures I can't remember maybe 5 or 6 and some other football stuff. I also bet Caro Over and I mentioned it with a short sentence why. Now think of this there's lots of conversations there if the people here want to offer there opinions on his plays. Believe me he won't get angry so things can perk up but it's like a party the people make it great not the place.
    edited July 2015
    Here start with this (stolen) The Indians have a schedule this month that I wouldn't wish on anyone IMO do you think fading them every day even when the book catches up will be profitable. Square but most of us are.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Obi, this is what I'm talking about, to you the Golfer bitch thread wasn't interesting, but to me it was, one man's trash is another man's treasure. But my point is, why would anyone enter a thread in the first place if the thread was something that didn't interest them? I see you've already started your football thread, (btw, GL this year), and since that's something I have interest in, I'll be clicking on it throughout the season, but I also see you have a soccer thread going, which I can promise you I won't ever enter. If Ed allows Golfer his bitch thread (which I doubt), I'll be reading it all the time, I can understand why some don't care for it, including yourself, so I wouldn't expect you to click on it, but that would be your choice, just like entering it would be my choice.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm talking about a mod starting a thread about something that draws interest and sparks a conversation. I like Goats and Tommy, so this isn't a shot at them by any means, but this place would be better if they were more involved by starting a thread every now and then that would lead to some good conversation.

I've said that many times and with all due respect they appear (I don't know them personally) good guys. They have bitch threads in the other furums I know what your talking about but it's completely different Golfer (The Tool as Kas says :)) takes it to another level with is unacceptable.
    I agree this place is somewhat boring and I don't come around like I use to but it's a different type of sports forum i's not like the others with everyone wishing everyone good luck every day after day without any opinions. But think of this obi put out his football futures I can't remember maybe 5 or 6 and some other football stuff. I also bet Caro Over and I mentioned it with a short sentence why. Now think of this there's lots of conversations there if the people here want to offer there opinions on his plays. Believe me he won't get angry so things can perk up but it's like a party the people make it great not the place.

Careful OT, or Ebe will castigate you for insulting Ed like that, LOL. You're one of the members here who try to keep this place lively, and one of the few who talk baseball, whenever I post anything baseball related, typically you'll respond, but for whatever reason there just isn't the discussions here like you see in other places
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Obi, this is what I'm talking about, to you the Golfer bitch thread wasn't interesting, but to me it was, one man's trash is another man's treasure. But my point is, why would anyone enter a thread in the first place if the thread was something that didn't interest them? I see you've already started your football thread, (btw, GL this year), and since that's something I have interest in, I'll be clicking on it throughout the season, but I also see you have a soccer thread going, which I can promise you I won't ever enter. If Ed allows Golfer his bitch thread (which I doubt), I'll be reading it all the time, I can understand why some don't care for it, including yourself, so I wouldn't expect you to click on it, but that would be your choice, just like entering it would be my choice.

I agree, the reason that some of us find the Golfer thread interesting is because many of us are also on Ras plays. So even though we understand things like variance, it is still frustrating to take a loss, especially streaks. So although I won't be the one bitching, its almost as if you can relate at least a little bit to what he's going through.
    edited July 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    I agree, the reason that some of us find the Golfer thread interesting is because many of us are also on Ras plays. So even though we understand things like variance, it is still frustrating to take a loss, especially streaks. So although I won't be the one bitching, its almost as if you can relate at least a little bit to what he's going through.

Buck, I would have to say your a young man and of course nobody likes losing but you should lose like you win with some class and not telling the owner that he sucks and can't pick a winner. Get into the mind set that your going to pick winners and your going to pick losers and nothing can change and in the end you just want to pick a few more winners then losers. all the bitching and crying just brings to light what type of person you are. Yes a bad beat a bad pick say a sentence or two and move on to the next game. A bad day they play again tomorrow Your going to have bad streaks and your going to have good streaks. The problem is most people chase and bet way over there head and lose so much that they want to get even in one bet or one day. Then they wind up broke and they lose all self respect and I really don't want to hear I'm different when I'm not betting because gamblers are always betting.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Buck, I would have to say your a young man and of course nobody likes losing but you should lose like you win with some class and not telling the owner that he sucks and can't pick a winner. Get into the mind set that your going to pick winners and your going to pick losers and nothing can change and in the end you just want to pick a few more winners then losers. all the bitching and crying just brings to light what type of person you are. Yes a bad beat a bad pick say a sentence or two and move on to the next game. A bad day they play again tomorrow Your going to have bad streaks and your going to have good streaks. The problem is most people chase and bet way over there head and lose so much that they want to get even in one bet or one day. Then they wind up broke and they lose all self respect and I really don't want to hear I'm different when I'm not betting because gamblers are always betting.

I would never tell Ed that he sucks or can't pick winners because it would simply not be true. All I'm pointing out is that Golfer adds a little color to what's otherwise a pretty boring forum these days. And like Kane said, if there was 20 different threads bitching about losses, I would understand but its just one. You know what you're gonna get when you click that thread, so for those who have no interest in hearing that stuff, simply ignore the thread.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2015
    I agree the forum has been more boring than not recently, but it isn't the mod's fault. It has never been in their job description to stimulate discussion. I have some ideas that I hope to bring public soon. Surely we can come up with something better than Golfer bitch threads to make the place more interesting.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I'd start a discussion about Miguel Herrera's firing, but Kane wouldn't read it anyways. :)
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I can't post from work anymore so my activity has gone to basically nothing in the last 18 months. My bad.
    edited July 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »
    I agree the forum has been more boring than not recently, but it isn't the mod's fault. It has never been in their job description to stimulate discussion. I have some ideas that I hope to bring public soon. Surely we can come up with something better than Golfer bitch threads to make the place more interesting.

I will mention this for the last time the idea I have is to a have a contest lets start off with a Suvivior Contest in the NFL and see how it goes. Everywhere has them except here other places have so many diferent contests that drives traffic and creates discussions. I will never understand the talking of gambling and people giving advice on how to get money off shore but a contest for $50 a head is not allowed.
    I'll run it your guys don't have to do anything. Anyone that wants it just give them my email address and I'll take care of the rest. I don't think anyone here doesn't trust me with the money and I know people here and have had dinner with a few so it's not like a few don't know me.
    I can't get my head around not having one. The discussions on who to take this week and who to play will be endless. I've ran a contest in the past when I was running Treasure Island and people up and down the strip would get in. It wasn't a suvivior contest it was a little better then something like that and for a lot more money. I know the forum is secondary to you which of course is understandable with your business being your bread and butter but I looked at it every which way and don't know what I'm missing when everyone is doing it.

Traffic can be a very good thing for you and your business. Didn't think I had to say it but figured what the hell.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm down.