Washington Mystics -11.5 (x0.5)
  • sweetjones55sweetjones55 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    3-4 -1.4 Units on season

2015 Season CLV +1.83
    edited June 2015
    Washington Mystics -11.5 (x0.5)

Oguwumike really messing up what was going to be 1.5-2 points of CLV with a 13-13.5 close. I really don't think her coming back is worth 2 points. She has a ankle injury, will very likely play limited minutes and is playing her first game of season. Still like the Mystics side tonight as it should take her and the team some time to get acclimated with her back in the rotation.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Oguwumike really messing up what was going to be 1.5-2 points of CLV with a 13-13.5 close. I really don't think her coming back is worth 2 points. She has a ankle injury, will very likely play limited minutes and is playing her first game of season. Still like the Mystics side tonight as it should take her and the team some time to get acclimated with her back in the rotation.

She played the most minutes out of anyone. Not one of your better picks brother. Let's get the next one.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2015

So you would have beaten the closing line except for the fact that you failed to consider her return in your capping?

Strong stuff.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I understand your argument but at the same time I have released 1Q/1H plays that have moved a lot in my favor in terms of CLV and I've never factored in. My CLV would be much higher if I included 1Q/1H/2H movements into my official tallies. But I have never incorporated those CLV's into my official numbers so I am just simply keeping it consistent going forward.

I almost missed this gem. Your claim here is that your CLV, the way that you track it, would be much higher if you included quarters and halves?
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I really don't think her coming back is worth 2 points. She has a ankle injury, will very likely play limited minutes and is playing her first game of season.

Clearly the market, the aggregate of intelligent individuals attacking the WNBA marketplace, disagreed with you.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    keep up the good work SJ.. glad to see you posting plays
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Wow 15 days no picks . I'm an Old Timer and I don't know if the younger guys ever heard this one :) If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" I guess he got out most touts tend to do this. He's dealing with Math guys which obviously he's not. I don't follow the beaver league is it over. barmoycm you seem like a nice guy stick with the guys where you may pick up something to help yourself instead of following a guy like sweet water who happened to get lucky when he first arrived with his picks. He did say he was going to post his picks here where is he? I guess when you can't win an argument because your wrong I guess for him it's better he leaves and comes back another day in a new thread when this one has hit page 50 and long forgotten.
  • jaybiz773jaybiz773 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Anyone posting WNBA (for free no less) needs their heads examined. Anyone who is for real and betting real limits will move this market by simply sneezing. Its tiny. Posting overnights is an even bigger joke. /rant
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2015
    Anyone posting WNBA (for free no less) needs their heads examined. Anyone who is for real and betting real limits will move this market by simply sneezing. Its tiny. Posting overnights is an even bigger joke. /rant

Those who post for free are often doing so for marketing reasons, it is not just out of the goodness of their hearts. If the information is +EV then hopefully it can be a win win for everyone. I would prefer SJ didn't post overnights either, but if it makes sense for him then not much we can do about it.

I assume since this market is so small you have graduated from freerolls? Would hope so at least.

The real bettors were wondering what you were doing betting BO openers excitedly a few years back. Glad to see you have graduated to elder statesmen on the forum now.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2015
    Don't understand the hate for SJ. Everyone has reasons for posting.

Dr H. posted free stuff in markets smaller than WNBA (non-TV cbb totals) and now he's thanking a post being critical of someone else doing similar?

Almost everyone involved with RAS including me posted on forums at one some point or another.

Jaybiz posted free WNBA 3 or so years ago too.

It's a free market.
    edited July 2015
    It's not a matter of him posting free stuff it's when you say your going to do something you should follow it through or at the very least post an excuse that you can no longer post anything for free because your clinets are angry that people are getting picks for free or any other BS . But to just go away shows the kind of person he is and the kind of business he runs. Do you think if he was 5-0 he would have stopped. He got caught talking out of his ass and with an under 500 record although only after 7 games he decided to pack it in.

He's not cut out for this business you really need a thick skin and to open your mind to others that maybe right in what they're saying. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe this is him. He's young maybe one day but not today.
    I have no problem or dislike for him I don't know him and to not like him is kind of stupid because I never met the man.
    He should go to his desk in the top right hand draw and grab a set of balls and get back here to at explain any BS story to the guys that did back him. My advice put out picks keep a record and skip the commentary and if someone disagrees before answering do some research and see if you have the grounds for a debate.

PS: People don't like him because of the way he came in, first impression and all.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Don't understand the hate for SJ. Everyone has reasons for posting.

Dr H. posted free stuff in markets smaller than WNBA (non-TV cbb totals) and now he's thanking a post being critical of someone else doing similar?

Almost everyone involved with RAS including me posted on forums at one some point or another.

Jaybiz posted free WNBA 3 or so years ago too.

It's a free market.

personally, i dont have "hate" for him, and i dont care whether he posts on a forum or not but ive pointed out many times his record keeping is completely fraudulent from whatever forum he linked to when he first joined (and i believe his website quotes it, it certainly used to). he hasnt addressed that issue head on, hes just glossed over it so that lead to a lot of people calling him out.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Does it really matter when you post anymore? Or when you wager anymore? The openers are going to be hit one way or the other. I personally have no problem playing the 250s and 500s that are available. If you're thinking that you have to play big money and you want the opener you'll need to go back to about 2007. The players in this market are much smarter now. I have several 601 under 155 from last night. I don't particularly like the under 151 that is available today. As far as posting to become a service. That's funny, there are about 3000 services out there. And about five that win and play against mature lines. Most that do win eventually go private with it. I can say RAS being the exception. No one in their right mind would pass up the type of money that I assume they make. As far as posting goes you have to realize most on this board are not wagering thousands a game. So posting something as silly as a five dime second half play to me I see no harm in. My limits are very small there and are just barely worth the time to copy and paste the line. LOL I can't type. To each his own but I wouldn't take whatever is posted on a forum so seriously.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    He never said,he was done posting plays its clear you guys have issue with some things and are very good at debating on issues like what everyone claims they didn't say etc just because you don't hate the man doesn't mean you aren't hating on his motives or style which I'm unclear on how others think they know what his motives for posting here is since its just assumed..its not a conspiracy that other services want to tap into the loyal following of a board who pay and pay well for a service already..success could bring them,business,here and it's free marketing essentially to do so
    edited July 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Does it really matter when you post anymore? Or when you wager anymore? The openers are going to be hit one way or the other. I personally have no problem playing the 250s and 500s that are available. If you're thinking that you have to play big money and you want the opener you'll need to go back to about 2007. The players in this market are much smarter now. I have several 601 under 155 from last night. I don't particularly like the under 151 that is available today. As far as posting to become a service. That's funny, there are about 3000 services out there. And about five that win and play against mature lines. Most that do win eventually go private with it. I can say RAS being the exception. No one in their right mind would pass up the type of money that I assume they make. As far as posting goes you have to realize most on this board are not wagering thousands a game. So posting something as silly as a five dime second half play to me I see no harm in. My limits are very small there and are just barely worth the time to copy and paste the line. LOL I can't type. To each his own but I wouldn't take whatever is posted on a forum so seriously.

Good Post it should be read and re-read. By the way how you doing?
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    All's well guy. I'm looking forward to football and basketball. I hope all is well with you as well.

Eddie
    edited July 2015
    Wow I haven't been logged on to this thread since that last play... Seems like I missed a lot, lol! Long story, short, I have a life guys... I work extremely hard all year long handicapping NBA night and day. During the summers, I sometimes will handicap WNBA, free of charge, given the amount of free time I have and just my overall will to want to do it. It's nice to have a break every once in a while which is what I did over the past couple of weeks.
    edited July 2015
    jaybiz773 wrote: »

There are a good amount of offscreen sites that will take 1k the day before. Now if we are talking getting down 10k+ then I complete agree with you but most my following on average probably plays about $300 per play so releasing over night in my case is perfectly okay. My packages do not cost thousands of dollars. And again these plays are free.
    edited July 2015
    blackbull wrote: »
    Clearly the market, the aggregate of intelligent individuals attacking the WNBA marketplace, disagreed with you.

Market disagreed and they were dead on, can't win them all. But more often than not, a player in her first game back from injury will underperform and hurt teams overall chemistry. Also, she was a late add to the team that night.
    edited July 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    It's not a matter of him posting free stuff it's when you say your going to do something you should follow it through or at the very least post an excuse that you can no longer post anything for free because your clinets are angry that people are getting picks for free or any other BS . But to just go away shows the kind of person he is and the kind of business he runs. Do you think if he was 5-0 he would have stopped. He got caught talking out of his ass and with an under 500 record although only after 7 games he decided to pack it in.

He's not cut out for this business you really need a thick skin and to open your mind to others that maybe right in what they're saying. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe this is him. He's young maybe one day but not today.
    I have no problem or dislike for him I don't know him and to not like him is kind of stupid because I never met the man.
    He should go to his desk in the top right hand draw and grab a set of balls and get back here to at explain any BS story to the guys that did back him. My advice put out picks keep a record and skip the commentary and if someone disagrees before answering do some research and see if you have the grounds for a debate.

PS: People don't like him because of the way he came in, first impression and all.

I wasn't selling a official WNBA package this year. During the summer, when I have the time I will look into WNBA games and if I like something and bet it myself, I will release to my clients. And your theory of me not going away if I was 5-0 is completely wrong because last year I went 8-4 in WNBA for 1st half of WNBA and stopped because I needed the break as I always do in the summer.

To say I am not cut out for this business is just flat out wrong. I posted on SBRForum for 2.5 years every day. My thread was getting the most views of any sports betting thread on the internet, 1.7 million views in a 7 month span. There were people in there every day saying non-sense and I stuck with it and had two very successful seasons. I went on to my start my official website which has now been running successfully for 4 years. I had a subpar 1st season due to NBA lockout breaking even and again people were were doubting and I bounced back with a +23 Unit season. I have been through a lot and my service is still running strong. Heck everyone even here on Betting Talk gave me grief and I've gone on to hit over 60% with my Betting Talk plays as well while beating closer over 75% of the time, all free of charge.
    edited July 2015
    Back to the plays.......
    edited July 2015
    Tulsa Shock -3 (x2)
    edited July 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I have to say most every game you put up at BT its a Cigar game. I had the game bet already at -4 but have say it was nice seeing you on it. Good luck moving forward and continued success.

OldTimer, you posted this in my NBA thread this season. What happened?
    edited July 2015
    Just to clear air as to why I post here since I saw that being talked about above... Yes, it is obviously free marketing for my service and every service provides free plays and that is a part of it. It is not all about the money though as I still do enjoy helping out others get on the right side and I feel I have/can continue to do so in the WNBA and the NBA. Sure, on the overnights it's a bit difficult to get down 2k+ but I still feel the majority of my clients/viewers on this thread appreciate them and would rather me post the WNBA overnights that I wager on myself then not post them at all.
    edited July 2015
    No dice with tulsa, too many FT's for SA tonight.

Unweighted Record: 3-6 -3.6u
    Weighted Record: 3-6 -4.15u