Betting Talk

Groovinmahoovin on BBoKnows podcast, RAS menitoned

groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
edited June 2015 in Sports Betting
Subject line limitation was too short to be fully descriptive, but I appeared on episode #58 of the BBoKnows podcast last week to discuss the tout industry:

http://www.bboknows.com/BBoKnowsPod58.mp3

It's a 2 part podcast, second part will be recorded once I get over the flu. First part was about the tout industry, second part will be advice for novice bettors. Most of the conversation in Part 1 is about the many idiot fraud touts out there, and how ESPN, Fox Sports, etc keep giving air time to frauds like Pregame/RJ Bell, PhillyGodfather, Kelly in Vegas, etc, who are not only frauds, they are utterly clueless. There's segment towards the beginning of the pod where I contrast the touts who keep accurate long term records, i.e. RAS and a few others, with the ones who grade vs bogus/stale lines, only advertise (often faked) short term records, refuse to keep accurate long term records, etc.

(As a fantastic example that happened after we recorded which I will mention on part 2, Teddy Covers is down -82u from Feb 2009-present as tracked by ComptrBob, and down about -30 or -35u since he joined Pregame last year. Posters have asked for Teddy's long term records, and he's said "aside from a rough patch in late 2011-early 2012, my clients have been happy with the ROI," which is utter nonsense since he's lost every season from 2010-present. Pregame has actually deleted ComptrBob's posts mentioning Teddy's records, posted an absurd attack on Bob in Teddy's thread, and banned other people for mentioning those records, when ComptrBob is one of the most respected record keepers on any forum anywhere. Contrast that with bettingtalk, where posters are free to comment on whether or not a particular release line was available, long term records, etc.)

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Someone mentioned that you finally figured out where Cicada3301's headquarters are but that you didn't get around to mentioning it in the podcast.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Forgot to mention that I did part 2 of that podcast, mostly discussing basic gambling advice:

http://www.bboknows.com/BBoKnowsPod59.mp3

Since I was doing this for a wide Twitter audience the info here is all pretty basic, so if you've been a winning bettor for a few years there may not be anything of value.