Betting Talk

StevieY 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    my ticket is 7200 I'm gonna pass if I can't narrow it to at least 3k. I have the 1 and 8 in the 10 th race

I went 1,7,12 in the last.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    More problems now, in the last... I just heard Serpe did some work to the # 2 the ticket keeps getting bigger instead of smaller which is not a good sign for me. I'm passing on this Pix 6 but in the last in pick 3s and 4s i will use 1 2 7 8 12 Good luck Steve!!!
    edited September 2015
    More problems now, in the last... I just heard Serpe did some work to the # 2 the ticket keeps getting bigger instead of smaller which is not a good sign for me. I'm passing on this Pix 6 but in the last in pick 3s and 4s i will use 1 2 7 8 12 Good luck Steve!!!

She definitely isn't hopeless despite the ML, but there are plenty of races early that require going deep, and the 3 or 4 top horses in the last race have enough going for them that I don't think many if any will have her in the pick 6 unless they all the race. I could see it more in a Del Mar carryover because there would be more money bet into it. If the 2 beats me, she beats me(and unless someone alled he race, I will be putting together another ticket tomorrow :) ).
    edited September 2015
    That's the thing, going deep in the early races and if short prices land in those there will be multiple live tix going into the last with those top choices.
    The risk to reward ratio on my spread just doesn't pay off for my ticket. I'm gonna pass and just play pick 3s and 4s
    edited September 2015
    That's the thing, going deep in the early races and if short prices land in those there will be multiple live tix going into the last with those top choices.
    The risk to reward ratio on my spread just doesn't pay off for my ticket. I'm gonna pass and just play pick 3s and 4s

That's always a worry, go deep in a leg and watch the chaulk win. My program says 2.5 races will be won the one of the top 2 ML favs, 1.44 by another horse that will pay < 6-1, and 2.06 by 6-1+ horses. Unless the 6 gets hammered down in the 7th race, that race will make it worthwhile for me even if nothing else big hits. He is my lowest ML horse in the race at 6-1. I don't have the fav in 3 races on my ticket.
    edited September 2015
    both surfaces just changed to good a little rain hit
    edited September 2015
    Unless the 6 gets hammered down in the 7th race, that race will make it worthwhile for me even if nothing else big hits

In the 7th I have 4 6 11 12
    edited September 2015
    In the 7th I have 4 6 11 12

Thru my deep races, although I have mixed feelings about the 6th. I added the 10 very late, would have rather had anyone else on my ticket win but alive is alive. I kept going back and forth on the 10. Dominant horse, great trainer and jockey but in a spot where they are both awful. I almost always throw out a Pletcher on the grass, especially short on the grass. He is always overbet and he is nothing more than average on the grass(hadn't won a turf sprint race at Toga in the last year). JV is big time on everything but turf sprints(1-29 in the last year at Toga). Decided dominant horse trumps everything. :) Ticket now gets smaller. 4,5,6/3,10/1,7,12 to finish.
    edited September 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    Thru my deep races, although I have mixed feelings about the 6th. I added the 10 very late, would have rather had anyone else on my ticket win but alive is alive. I kept going back and forth on the 10. Dominant horse, great trainer and jockey but in a spot where they are both awful. I almost always throw out a Pletcher on the grass, especially short on the grass. He is always overbet and he is nothing more than average on the grass(hadn't won a turf sprint race at Toga in the last year). JV is big time on everything but turf sprints(1-29 in the last year at Toga). Decided dominant horse trumps everything. :) Ticket now gets smaller. 4,5,6/3,10/1,7,12 to finish.

I was also surprised to see Pletcher win that race on the grass. Why you use the 6 in the 8 th? looks like Jacobson is trying to give away a horse with class for 80k he has a huge fail rate with these drops going into OC races and a for sale tag listed. Good Luck hope you hit it.
    edited September 2015
    your alive buddy :) 4 win it
    edited September 2015
    your alive buddy :) 4 win it

Killing the payout though. Didn't look this chaulky, but the double carryover will save it somewhat.
    edited September 2015
    unreal how the 7 wins, a public view able horse that beat like 3 of these last year here on the turf. he was the first chuck out for me.
    edited September 2015
    Well, the horse I thought would beat me if i lost just beat me. I'll be kicking myself for that one. added a pletcher on grass earlier and it saved me, thought all i really needed was the 3 but i added another pletcher on grass instead(he did run 2nd to the #3 3rd so it wasn't like he was an awful play, just the wrong one).
    edited September 2015
    go 2! (or 5 or 6) :)
    edited September 2015
    5 out of 6 with 2 5 6 we need one of these for the carryover. was alive here with 1 2 7 8 12 in but the 7 busted those hopes last race.
    Come on serpe currently 42-1 :)
    edited September 2015
    we posted same time..yeah go 2
    edited September 2015
    i wont get 5 out of 6 if the 2,5, or 6 win(need 1,7,12), but i would rather come back tomorrow and fire at a 700K carryover than win 5 out of 6 :)
    edited September 2015
    im boxing exacta's and triples 1 2 7 8 12 and rapping it up for day
    edited September 2015
    im boxing exacta's and triples 1 2 7 8 12 and rapping it up for day

I'm waiting to see if there is a carryover before i decide on Del Mar. My current ticket for Del Mar is 1154 but i am not in love with it. May just play the pick 4 and hope for a double carryover. the day has just begun. Remington Park tonight, crazy shit happens there. :)
    edited September 2015
    the day has just begun. Remington Park tonight, crazy shit happens there.

Oh yeah place is wild. i like it, hopefully I find time to play tonight.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    720k, someone had a nice day.
    edited September 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    720k, someone had a nice day.

if they keep the 4 up. he was all over the place.
    edited September 2015
    same jock and trainer wins that had Arrieta yesterday..
    edited September 2015
    You know if Bridge didnt fall off the 12 at the start the 4 would of been pressured harder
    edited September 2015
    You know if Bridge didnt fall off the 12 at the start the 4 would of been pressured harder

Looked like the 1 was going to catch him until the 4 came out, made the 1 stop. He didnt make contact but you could have considered that "menacing". With the 1 stopping and getting passed for 2nd, it was possible the 4 could have been taken down. Wouldnt have done me any good since the 10 finished 2nd but whoever had the only pick 6 ticket to him would have been pissed. :)
    edited September 2015
    Yeah I seen that. The 4 just got brave on the lead alone, but like I said earlier, if bridge didnt fall off the 12 the scenario changes because the 12 has shown early speed.
    edited September 2015
    Steve, you playing Toga today? I'm using 3 5 in the first just based on process of elimination. Wheeling the double and pressing 2 3 5 8 9 in the second
    edited September 2015
    Steve, you playing Toga today? I'm using 3 5 in the first just based on process of elimination. Wheeling the double and pressing 2 3 5 8 9 in the second

I don't miss a day of Toga or Del Mar.
    edited September 2015
    448K carryover for tomm with a mandatory payout at Toga. I will be in :)
    edited September 2015
    448K carryover for tomm with a mandatory payout at Toga. I will be in :)

Possible 142K carryover at Del Mar and a 660K+ mandatory payout at Gulfstream Park. Don't think you can have better options in one day.