Betting Talk

StevieY 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    954 Colorado(Bettis) +104 St Louis(Martinez)

was this move all due to Tulo being out? took some colo +142 at BOL right at close
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    954 Colorado(Bettis) +104 St Louis(Martinez)

was this move all due to Tulo being out? took some colo +142 at BOL right at close

Don't know, I don't worry about guys getting a day off because all hitters do nothing or very little more often than they do something so big movements because of it are overblown. Maybe some movement because of it and probably some "colorado wont sweep st louis" money as well. I know people like to play the "Better" team to not get swept. If it looked like Colorado was going to win before i posted, I probably would have waited until today to post it.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Question,

Wondering if you're going to post past the all-star break this year?
    edited June 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Question,

Wondering if you're going to post past the all-star break this year?

I plan to. Have an out of country baseball tournament that will have me away from June 30th thru the all-star break but I will be back posting either right after or a couple days after the break. I may have a day off here and there but will be posting thru at least the end of August.
    edited June 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    I plan to. Have an out of country baseball tournament that will have me away from June 30th thru the all-star break but I will be back posting either right after or a couple days after the break. I may have a day off here and there but will be posting thru at least the end of August.

Good Luck in the Tournament
    edited June 2015
    Steve, any word on Justin Nicolino starting for the marlins tonight. On announcement line moved up 10c now back to -125
    looks like he has a high walk ratio
    edited June 2015
    Steve, any word on Justin Nicolino starting for the marlins tonight. On announcement line moved up 10c now back to -125
    looks like he has a high walk ratio

21 walks in 78 innings isn't bad. Day of game changes are usually tough because Cincy wasn't expecting it and now they have to throw something together on him. Cincy's starter is good friends with him so he should have some added insight(if they want to bug him on a day he is throwing). His strikeout totals aren't great (45) so it doesn't appear he has anything that can get MLB hitters out by himself, he will be relying on his defense. He is left handed though, that's always a wild card if you don't know anything about them.
    edited June 2015
    Nicolino "Justin Nicolino's major league debut was a smashing success" IMO that's way overstated. 15 first pitch strikes of the 25 batters faced. 2 walks which is his avg and yes not bad but when you don't get swings and misses in the Bigs that could become a big problem. 7 innings and only 4 swings and misses. Kids a leftie big plus 23 years another plus could have a future. Nice Italian kid I'm pulling for him :)

Just a side note didn't see the game and he had 8 grounds and 11 fly outs in a hitters park so it appears he had movement and they really couldn't square up. Intrested when he gets another chance. out pitch change up just a guess can't be a slider.
    edited June 2015
    Steve, great day today. :thumbup2:
    I was so shocked to see Toronto go underdog. I couldn't find any logical explanation for that move, so I added another .5 un
    edited June 2015
    Steve, great day today. :thumbup2:
    I was so shocked to see Toronto go underdog. I couldn't find any logical explanation for that move, so I added another .5 un

It moved right when they announced Donaldson wasn't playing. The only thing as overrated as a good hitter getting a day off is a NHL forward missing a game.
    edited June 2015
    It works wonders in the NBA to. I guess it works here also as long as it isn't the Pitcher
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    to be fair to the TB bettors my boy russell martin got the day off as well
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    It moved right when they announced Donaldson wasn't playing. The only thing as overrated as a good hitter getting a day off is a NHL forward missing a game.

but datsyuk has amazing hands he must be worth a sportsoptions alert and line move :laugh:
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    In your opinion, do you think Detroit (-120/-115) is a little low with Price starting today?

Thanks,

--Wynn
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2015
    WynnBig wrote: »
    In your opinion, do you think Detroit (-120/-115) is a little low with Price starting today?

Thanks,

--Wynn

While you're waiting for Stevie to answer, double-check that line. DET is more like +100 at most shops.
    edited June 2015
    WynnBig wrote: »

Thanks,

--Wynn

No, I think it is getting to be a little low for Cleveland.
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    nevermind
    edited June 2015
    921 NY Yankees(Warren) +135 Houston(Keuchel)

Steve, I have Kuechel -160 here on my #s do you think he's been throwing to many pitches lately? What am I missing on this guy?
    edited June 2015
    921 NY Yankees(Warren) +135 Houston(Keuchel)

Steve, I have Kuechel -160 here on my #s do you think he's been throwing to many pitches lately? What am I missing on this guy?

I'm not a big pitch count guy, I don't think a tad over 100 pitches should have any effect on you. When I did my recent model, I put angles into it to see what they are worth, things I thought could be worthwhile. There were a few worthwhile but 3 blew me away. One happens in this one. On a normal day, I think this line is where it should be, but not in this spot.
  • ImstormImstorm Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    43-37 + 7.54

922 Texas(Gonzalez) +120 Oakland(Chavez)

Hey Steve, I think ybis pick was not Included in your record.
    Thanks for the picks.
    edited June 2015
    Imstorm wrote: »
    43-37 + 7.54

922 Texas(Gonzalez) +120 Oakland(Chavez)

Hey Steve, I think ybis pick was not Included in your record.
    Thanks for the picks.

It was counted. The Houston pick the next day was no action because Shoemaker was scratched.
  • ImstormImstorm Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    My mistake. Thank you.
    edited July 2015
    MLB 7/22

952 Atlanta(Teheran) +130 Los Angeles(Bolsinger)

we posted about the same time.. line is so off do you agree?
    edited July 2015
    we posted about the same time.. line is so off do you agree?

I agree, this line was pretty far off mine.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I like that balt play but i think am missing something, the game looks too easy ...if the mets were st up dogs i might have taken balt for sure but split no play for me, good luck hope you cash
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Just to clarify your position here, you would like Baltimore better if they were - 120 than you do at - 105?
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    game looks too easy, you know what that means.... TRAP GAME!!1!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    yes i would , mets pretty good team , correct ? but as a road dog they are 9-24 so yes id be more happy if they were dogs , of course there is more to it then that .
    continued sussess
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I was just at the grocery store and they had burgers on sale for $3.99/lb. I passed. I'll go back tomorrow when they are $5.99, I prefer to pay more for things whenever possible.
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    so just to take this to its logical conclusion, if the line moves to Bal -120, will you be taking them?