Betting Talk

Buffettgambler 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• chakachaka Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Was the San Diego play put out before or after the pitching change (is the play cancelled or not?)
  • mik5058mik5058 Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    chaka wrote: »
    Was the San Diego play put out before or after the pitching change (is the play cancelled or not?)

Play is canceled
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2015
    6/5
    905 Canceled
    6/6
    968 Royals -154
  • chakachaka Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm assuming this should have been posted in the other thread

6/5
    905 Canceled
    6/6
    968 Royals -154
    edited June 2015
    chaka wrote: »
    I'm assuming this should have been posted in the other thread

Right. The play is no longer good at current line. Not sure what protocol here is, but won't count it for record keeping purposes. Will re-post if line touches mid 50's again.
    edited June 2015
    mgmhatesme wrote: »
    Btw, BG good to catch back up again. Not sure if you remember me from EOG forum 8-9 years ago. Hope you have been well.
    Your handle did sound familiar. Now I remember. Good to see you here. Hope things have been well for you also.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Right. The play is no longer good at current line. Not sure what protocol here is, but won't count it for record keeping purposes. Will re-post if line touches mid 50's again.

That seems like the fairest way to handle it.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Buffet, What did you think of that over throw on the Brewers line to +127 at 11:04 am.
    Wild moves kind of reminds me of Gsachs taking people's stop orders out.
    edited June 2015
    Buffet, any concern on the whitesox today the market has moved against this play because of line up change
    Today Shuck and bonifacio are 1 2 hitters and in IMO are absolute garbage
    edited June 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Buffet, any concern on the whitesox today the market has moved against this play because of line up change
    Today Shuck and bonifacio are 1 2 hitters and in IMO are absolute garbage
    Disappointed with the mistimed attempt. Suboptimal lineup for the White Sox playing some part in it. Main culprit likely the valuation differential on Velasquez.
    edited June 2015
    whitesox win :)
    probably works just like the nba in the motivation dept when certain good players are not playing.
    edited June 2015
    6-0 on the overnites with big dogs... Great Job Buffet
  • mgmhatesmemgmhatesme Member
    edited June 2015
    12-2 last 2 days.... Great work BG
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Looking at an almost 20 unit downturn over the past week. Man this stuff gets hard sometimes.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Looking at an almost 20 unit downturn over the past week. Man this stuff gets hard sometimes.

That's why I wish ppl would not Praise anyone during the season. Wait until the all star break or till the end of the season. I understand the ups and downs but these swings are tough.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    He is down around 65 units over the last two years and ~1000 plays, and his line value isn't indicative of better times going forward. I think it might be time to cut the cord, guys.

I'm still trying to figure out why his picks thread is highlighted.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I said 2-3 years ago on here that he wasn't any good and everyone bashed me. I know yall won't listen to me but listen to DrH, he's right
  • EbirtEbirt Junior Member
    edited June 2015
    Is this the same Dr H that's presently advertising a +12.3 unit college hoops season for his totals service, when his TV totals went 52.3% (minus 0.4 units)? Including your non TV totals into your record at tiny limits is a farce.

Credit to Buffett for never changing his name despite poor seasons. If only H could say the same.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited June 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I said 2-3 years ago on here that he wasn't any good and everyone bashed me. I know yall won't listen to me but listen to DrH, he's right
    Dr. H wrote: »
    He is down around 65 units over the last two years and ~1000 plays, and his line value isn't indicative of better times going forward. I think it might be time to cut the cord, guys.

I'm still trying to figure out why his picks thread is highlighted.

Would have more respect for you guys if you posted your "warnings" before the season started, or when he was up 16 units, but to do it after a bad one week run is pretty classless. BG is still way up on free plays (all sports) posted here.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    The days of Dr.,Bull,Paid and Procap are here the Days of Buffet and others that were winners in the not to distant past are over. So if your into services and need help these are the people to seek out. If you can do better then go for it. Also who are you really Ebirt and what do you bring to the table besides thinking Buffet needs a mouth piece. Buffet is a gentleman there's no question about that but his winning seasons will be few and far between.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Hey Golfer long time no hear how was Vegas?
    edited June 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Would have more respect for you guys if you posted your "warnings" before the season started, or when he was up 16 units, but to do it after a bad one week run is pretty classless. BG is still way up on free plays (all sports) posted here.

One week? He's been "running bad" for 1000 plays and two years. LOL at completely dismissing the catastrophe that was last season for him and so many here that follow him.

Why are you endorsing a poster who has not shown the ability to win or beat the close in his last 1000+ plays? Do you feel that there are signs that he'll win going forward? If so, what are they?

BG seems like a very nice guy and I don't doubt that he means well fwiw.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »

When he started posting here for free 2013 baseball season within 1 week I said in the thread I would book him. I caught a lot of flack for that.
    edited June 2015
    worm33 wrote: »
    When he started posting here for free 2013 baseball season within 1 week I said in the thread I would book him. I caught a lot of flack for that.

Yeah sorry about that.
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited June 2015
    Under what other handle(s) has Dr. H posted here? Or on other forums?
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Dr.H, just curious, do you have something against buffetgambler?
    Did you lose money following him?

His NCAA picks this year were gold.
    edited June 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Dr.H, just curious, do you have something against buffetgambler?
    Did you lose money following him?

His NCAA picks this year were gold.

Not at all, it's not personal! I just fail to understand how people can continue to follow him in MLB and why his thread continues to be highlighted, which encourages more people to follow him.
    edited June 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    The days of Dr.,Bull,Paid and Procap are here the Days of Buffet and others that were winners in the not to distant past are over. So if your into services and need help these are the people to seek out. If you can do better then go for it. Also who are you really Ebirt and what do you bring to the table besides thinking Buffet needs a mouth piece. Buffet is a gentleman there's no question about that but his winning seasons will be few and far between.

I'm not Buffett's mouthpiece and don't even tail his plays. But he has at least been transparent, and had posted all records, good or bad, across numerous forums through the years. Dr H, who lobbed a criticism in his direction, cannot say the same for himself. He had a bad run and changed his name, only to reappear under a new moniker. Then, after having a poor TV totals season, he has the audacity to advertise his service as being ahead 12 units when in reality NO CLIENT that followed his plays had a chance of being up that much, unless betting for peanuts, because there is no market for non TV totals. So, that is very misleading, and H has had a history of misleading.

Further, he went 1-7 on sides, before calling it quits. That was a free roll if I've ever seen one. Rest assured, if sides had performed well, he would be releasing side plays under whatever name he hopes to call his service in the future, under whatever name he chooses to create in an attempt to rewrite history and manipulate records.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure and didn't get to follow BG when he was crushing the market but despite losing about 65 units last season he's still up a ton here lifetime, according to RAS.
    That's pretty impressive, no?

Also, I don't know BG but trust him enough to believe that if he didn't think the plays had value, he wouldn't post them.
    edited June 2015
    I would be skeptical of "up a ton" in recent years when factoring in last year's baseball disaster. He might be up, but a historic nightmare such as last year seems hard to offset, and this year's baseball not helping.

He did have a solid CBB last year.