Betting Talk

Buffettgambler 2015 MLB Discussion Thread

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Not a criticism but an observation.

Do you/model consider your/its assessment of the BoSox inflated?
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »

Highly probably with past valuation attempts (hence downgrades) and can't rule out it still being there. . I've had a long bias on the Red Sox over the course of the last couple of years (as I've had with other teams). The typical course of action for longer term disconnects like this one is to have the market come to you with it making gradual pricing point shifts that become closer aligned to my valuations. With this team, its been the other way around. Been making downgrades where I deem fit to this team, but on average, still can't get to the point where books typically open them. I still believe a decent sized component of the Red Sox underachievement lacks predictive value.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't have it in front of me. But his CLV is definitely on the plus side.

Jake u got those #'s yet?
  • mgmhatesmemgmhatesme Member
    edited May 2015
    Great day yesterday, BG! Much appreciated
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    BG, You are listing 110-95 as a total you were 115-91 going into 5-30 a 1-5 day would leave you 116-96 the overall total of +10.96 is correct but could you whenever you get a chance double check me. Thank You for sharing.
    edited June 2015
    heritage still has Milwaukee at +166 everyone else at -162 -163 on Cards 3 cent arb if you have a Heritage account
    edited June 2015
    damn that was fast at -167 now :laugh:
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    You have the Red Sox and twins as plays today
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    You have the Red Sox and twins as plays today
    Twins gm 1 and Sox gm 2...check rotation #s
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Not here to bitch about free plays but I had such a bad feeling about playing the twins during the day and then the Redsox at night ...

It's like a double kick to the balls .. Loosing the dog play in the day and loosing the chalk play at night.

Wtf
    edited June 2015
    Volatility happens... Emotion favors the books.

I had a large parlay that only needed the under 8 in game 1 of Bosox and of course the Twins get a 2 run HR with 2 outs already for me to lose the wager.

Let it go.

I know BG a bit from 8-9 years ago on another forum and he won me a lot of money at that time.

By the way, it's spelled "losing"
    "Loose" is not tight
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Thx for the spell check advice .. I feel so much better knowing that there is someone on here who can teach proper English...loll
    edited June 2015
    You're right, it is irrelevant.... wasn't trying to instigate... just a pet peeve I have at work and with society today, I guess. I see that particular word spelled wrong so many times, it's crazy.
    edited June 2015
    I know BG a bit from 8-9 years ago on another forum and he won me a lot of money at that time

How much did you win last year? Or did you not join?
    edited June 2015
    I haven't been on forums or involved in baseball betting since then

I usually just stick to NFL
    edited June 2015

I think you could skip the boston plays especially when they are favored and overcome this perceived bias. My .02.:toast:
    edited June 2015
    munson15 wrote: »
    I think you could skip the boston plays especially when they are favored and overcome this perceived bias. My .02.:toast:

But Munce, how could I when the owner speaks out:

"John Henry addresses 'painful to watch' Red Sox gives vote of confidence to John Farrell, Ben Cherington."

I think he gave the same pat on the back to Valentine under similar conditions. The difference here is Farrell doesn't possess that annoying smirk that BV carried.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    But Munce, how could I when the owner speaks out:

"John Henry addresses 'painful to watch' Red Sox gives vote of confidence to John Farrell, Ben Cherington."

I think he gave the same pat on the back to Valentine under similar conditions. The difference here is Farrell doesn't possess that annoying smirk that BV carried.

The other difference is that Farrell has both Cherington's & the players support. Valentine was hired by Larry Lucchino with Cherington having no say and was pretty much despised by the players.
    edited June 2015
    and the 3rd difference is that Farrell owns a WS ring:laugh:
    edited June 2015
    Kdog, I knew this thread would get u typing. Without hijacking BGs space, Cherington's metric moves acquiring pitchers has been a disaster. Hanley is an injury waiting to happen. He can't move fast enough to avoid inside heat(HBP).
    Sorry BG, outta here.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Emotion favors the books.

Great line.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    munson15 wrote: »

It seems this year the market agrees the Red Sox are undervalued.
    edited June 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    It seems this year the market agrees the Red Sox are undervalued.

sarcasm? If so, that was subtle... bravo. The market makes the value.
    edited June 2015
    mgmhatesme wrote: »
    The market pricing creditability coefficient for the Red Sox has been a bit of an outlier this year. Books have been electing to price-to-results more than price-to-market with Sox openers compared to most.
    edited June 2015

I meant that genuinely, it seems the Red Sox often have money come in on them. I might be wrong though.
    edited June 2015
    The market pricing creditability coefficient for the Red Sox has been a bit of an outlier this year. Books have been electing to price-to-results more than price-to-market with Sox openers compared to most.
    winner_13 wrote: »
    I meant that genuinely, it seems the Red Sox often have money come in on them. I might be wrong though.

Gotcha... my bad. Meaning the market has been heavily moving on opening line with Boston money coming in. Thanks for the clarification.
    edited June 2015

Thanks for the insight.
    Wishing you a glorious MLB season!
    edited June 2015
    Gotcha... my bad. Meaning the market has been heavily moving on opening line with Boston money coming in. Thanks for the clarification.
    Moreover, subsequent openers are not taking pricing orders from closing lines. So we're getting a bit of a valuation gap. The market is not counterintuitively upgrading the Red Sox valuation with subpar results. It's just not making the downgrade equivalency openers represent.
    edited June 2015
    Moreover, subsequent openers are not taking pricing orders from closing lines. So we're getting a bit of a valuation gap. The market is not counterintuitively upgrading the Red Sox valuation with subpar results. It's just not making the downgrade equivalency openers represent.

It's possible the NE is home to a bunch of entertainment/home team gamblers that are dominating the market. Probably more gamblers per capita than anywhere in country except Vegas.

Btw, BG good to catch back up again. Not sure if you remember me from EOG forum 8-9 years ago. Hope you have been well.
    edited June 2015
    They finished last in '14 and are last again this year. When does pricing start to reflect that?