Betting Talk

METS UPDATE

Comments

• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    He probably would look for a contract like A-ROD.
    BTW MAGIC # is 16.
    w2w
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    5 in a row!

Cespedes for MVP?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    5 in a row!

Cespedes for MVP?

Cmon, 2 months does not trump what Harper, Goldschmidt or Rizzo has done all season. Or Greinke, Kershaw or Arrieta either.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Cmon, 2 months does not trump what Harper, Goldschmidt or Rizzo has done all season. Or Greinke, Kershaw or Arrieta either.

These are Met fans dog no sense of reality. I've dealt with this my whole life. He's a 20 Home run 80 Rbi disaster in the outfield. Granted he's having a career August/Sept. See how quick they turned on Harvey a man looking out for himself and family. That's the Mets. There from Queens :)
    edited September 2015
    5 in a row
    J.C. hits another one
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll put this here. In case anyone missed it, Mark Texiera will miss the rest of the season, a big loss for the Bombers
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll put this here. In case anyone missed it, Mark Texiera will miss the rest of the season, a big loss for the Bombers

Bird looking like a quite capable replacement.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Bird looking like a quite capable replacement.

He's a big time prospect, no doubt, but he isn't Mark Texiera, not yet anyway. Also, the Yankees will miss Texiera's glove, he's one of the best defensive first baseman in the game
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I was just gonna say that I think Bird is a great replacement and will be a much better player than TEX
    edited September 2015
    OT, what do you think about that Yankees book that kid wrote? You think there's any truth behind it, or do you think its all fabricated lies?
    edited September 2015
    Kane, yes I agree on the defense and that TEX can switch hit, but in the future this is the Kid they need. Old aged players have doomed the yankees for a while now,
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Kane, yes I agree on the defense and that TEX can switch hit, but in the future this is the Kid they need. Old aged players have doomed the yankees for a while now,

I agree Bird's the future, but right now I'd rather have Tex in the lineup and in the field
    edited September 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    OT, what do you think about that Yankees book that kid wrote? You think there's any truth behind it, or do you think its all fabricated lies?

very much looking forward to reading that book. As for playing without Tex the Yankees have been playing without him since about 2011 anyway.
    edited September 2015
    To add to that post Joe G did a great job again and has really turned me around as him being one of the better managers and once your in everyone has a shot. It will be a great year just to get into the playoffs as for winning a series with or without Tex I don't believe that's going to happen. But they're changing the culture and that's a good thing. JMO.
    edited September 2015
    Wraps, what's the name of that book? TIA
    edited September 2015
    edited September 2015
    Abused By the New York Yankees2014
    by Paul Priore and Gary Toushek
    Paperback
    $124.95used & new(1 offer)
    1 out of 5 stars 1

Guess I won't be reading it after all. The Jeter/ Posada news is BS and I see the New Post is still doing it's thing. Don't know how that paper has survived all these years. Biggest rag ever.
    edited September 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Abused By the New York Yankees2014
    by Paul Priore and Gary Toushek
    Paperback
    $124.95used & new(1 offer)
    1 out of 5 stars 1

Guess I won't be reading it after all. The Jeter/ Posada news is BS and I see the New Post is still doing it's thing. Don't know how that paper has survived all these years. Biggest rag ever.

Wow thats expensive. I agree how the post has survived this long
    edited September 2015
    HO HUM ANOTHER WIN
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    I have a few butterflies in my stomach.I have witnessed all this too often.JUST WIN THE DAMN THING
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    I have a few butterflies in my stomach.I have witnessed all this too often.JUST WIN THE DAMN THING
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    POWER + PITCHING = ANOTHER WIN
    THAT REALLY HURT THE YANKEES
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Matt...
    edited September 2015
    Somebody forgot to tell THE BLACK KNIGHT the game is 9 INNINGS.
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    Just one more
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    @MarcCarig: "Let's f*cking get this done!" said one Met. "Happy celebration day," said another.

Waited 10 years almost for today, let's do this Mets!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    been a long wait... thats for sure. go mets.
    edited September 2015
    Harvey pitching in bottom 6th woth a 5 run league... Now he's just trolling us
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    It'll be interesting to see how the young arms perform in the playoffs
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the young arms perform in the playoffs

Our 3 and 4 are better than Dodgers 3/4... I like our bats better also, seems like Harvey has no innings restrictions going forward either. Idk, I'm biased but I like mets over Dodgers.