Betting Talk

METS UPDATE

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Thank You and Congrats to the Mets. Didn't see the game but was a little concerned about Harvey. I guess the last two were a bump in the road. Good to see he's okay.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I still think THE HYPE is too much.
    Who would have thought they would be in 1st PLACE 6/6/15?
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    "You gotta believe"
    edited June 2015
    A NO HITTER
    OOOPS IT WAS AGAINST US
    FIRE THE HITTING INSTRUCTOR
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Apparently the Mets are interested in Aramis Ramirez of the Brewers. Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Mets offered Jonathan Niese straight up for Ramirez, and Milwaukee turned them down. Niese is a serviceable guy, not sure how much better an offer Milwaukee gets for Ramirez, the guy's hitting .216 with an OPS of .647 and he's retiring at the end of the season, surprised Milwaukee said no to that deal.
    edited June 2015
    If teams could afford to give Jonathan Niese 5 days off between starts I think he may be that much better. I'm going off a small sample size and yes I aware of the last result when he had 5 days off. I also think he's a good play today but the price got away from me . Don't also understand the passing unless there's more to it that we don't know.
    edited June 2015
    He tends to be hurt a lot.I think a team like the BREWERS could pitch him every 5 days.One thing about him...he is tough on the mound.
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    ANOTHER WIN FOR BERT
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    SPOTTED BRAVES 5...then beat them
    WHAT A COMEBACK...lol
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    GOOD PITCHING STOPS GOOD HITTING
    PUT ANOTHER WIN IN THE BOOKS
    THIS GUY ROBLES SCARES ME
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    ANOTHER WIN
    ANOTHER FUN NIGHT
    PARNELL LOOKS GOOD
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    IT IS GETTING SAD
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    EX-MET DARRLY HAMILTON a CENTERFIELDER ON 2000 WORLD SERIES TEAM
    SLAIN IN MURDER SUICIDE
    story can be found on ASSOCIATED PRESS SITE
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    TWO WINS IN A ROW
    THEN THE RAINS CAME
    WE WILL PLAY 2 TODAY
    w2w
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Anyone listen to Mike Francesa on WFAN? He's been quite outspoken about the Mets the last few days, to say the least. He feels if ownership does not do something fast, to bring in some hitters to bolster their very good starting pitching, then it's criminal and negligent towards the fans. As Mike says, the Mets are no longer in rebuilding phase when comes to their pitchers, this staff is one of the best in MLB, and yet they have no offense. Thus management / ownership MUST go out and find hitters, to pay $$$. They have no choice. This was supposed to be the year, fans expected it, it was all but telegraphed, and again the pitching is there, so they must go all in on this year. Otherwise face fan backlash the likes of which not seen in many years. You don't put together a great pitching staff and then decide to leave them hanging out to dry when the team can't put runs up. It's not just negligence towards your loyal fan base, who have put up with much for so long, it's also just stupid.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Speaking of great pitching, Long Islands own Steven Matz makes his Mets debut today.

2016 Rotation:
    Harvey
    DeGrom
    Thor
    Wheeler
    Matz

And no offense....
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    sosoangry wrote: »
    Anyone listen to Mike Francesa on WFAN? He's been quite outspoken about the Mets the last few days, to say the least. He feels if ownership does not do something fast, to bring in some hitters to bolster their very good starting pitching, then it's criminal and negligent towards the fans. As Mike says, the Mets are no longer in rebuilding phase when comes to their pitchers, this staff is one of the best in MLB, and yet they have no offense. Thus management / ownership MUST go out and find hitters, to pay $$$. They have no choice. This was supposed to be the year, fans expected it, it was all but telegraphed, and again the pitching is there, so they must go all in on this year. Otherwise face fan backlash the likes of which not seen in many years. You don't put together a great pitching staff and then decide to leave them hanging out to dry when the team can't put runs up. It's not just negligence towards your loyal fan base, who have put up with much for so long, it's also just stupid.

Go after it now while you are at least not paying Harvey or DeGrom anything. What do you think these guys are gunna ask for when it comes time? Porcello, who sucks, just got 4 years and 84 million, lol. If you wannu keep both guys, you are talking a quarter of a billion give or take I would think. The thing is, they have all this pitching, but they are so unbalanced with no hitting, that it's not working. Wright is done, D'arnaud is never on the field, and their 2 signings, Cuddyer and Grandy are awful. I would like to see them get Russell from the Cubs, or possibly Frazier, but you have to give to get.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    Go after it now while you are at least not paying Harvey or DeGrom anything. What do you think these guys are gunna ask for when it comes time? Porcello, who sucks, just got 4 years and 84 million, lol. If you wannu keep both guys, you are talking a quarter of a billion give or take I would think. The thing is, they have all this pitching, but they are so unbalanced with no hitting, that it's not working. Wright is done, D'arnaud is never on the field, and their 2 signings, Cuddyer and Grandy are awful. I would like to see them get Russell from the Cubs, or possibly Frazier, but you have to give to get.

Nope, you can't have him, but if you're interested in Brandon Phillips, Jay Bruce, or Marlon Byrd, give Walt Jocketty a call
    edited June 2015
    So.... Matz can hit, fuck it, let's play him at 2nd base on non pitching days.

3-3, 4 RBI's, pitches 7 innings, 2 ER, 6 Ks....

Historic debut
    edited June 2015
    4 IN A ROW
    STREAKY CLUB
    As far as trades go...you have to give to get...but...the value must be there.
    I would love to see them pull the trigger on a BLOCKBUSTER DEAL but it is not SANDY'S WAY.
    w2w
    edited July 2015
    3 wins in a row
    STREAKY STREAKY STREAKY
    Every MET game can be a SHUTOUT...either we pitch one or it happens to us.
    w2w
    edited July 2015
    CHALK UP ANOTHER FOR THE HITLESS WONDERS
    THEY LOOK ALOT LIKE THE 59 WHITE SOX
    w2w
    edited July 2015
    Matz to the DL....

This fucking team is cursed and I'm a loser for rooting for them....
    edited July 2015
    JUST UNFUCKING BELIEVEABLE.
    WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG?
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    The Mets bench players are hitting .165, the Mets pitchers are hitting .166
    edited July 2015
    With all the crap that is happening...They are only 2 games out.
    w2w
    edited July 2015
    You get your monies worth at a MET GAME...lol
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Nice article on the pitching staff in SI.

Seems impossible but Colon leads staff in K/BB ratio.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Fuck Bobby Parnell