Betting Talk

METS UPDATE

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    David Wright has been diagnosed with "spinal stenosis", I'm not in the mood to find out more about it, but I think it could be serious
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    He has to stop all baseball activities.REALLY BAD DIAGNOSIS.
    We will hit trasding market now
    w2w
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Could be career ending, mets are cursed
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    He has to stop all baseball activities.REALLY BAD DIAGNOSIS.
    We will hit trasding market now
    w2w

Are you prepared to give up some of that young pitching? In order to get a big bat, you'll have to send a pitcher or two the other way I would think, It's not an easy decision, or do the Mets go for a lesser player and hang onto their young guns
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    They will trade Matz, Plawecki and Montero for Tulo Im sure. Then Tulo will get hit by a bus or something. That's the Mets way.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Are you prepared to give up some of that young pitching? In order to get a big bat, you'll have to send a pitcher or two the other way I would think, It's not an easy decision, or do the Mets go for a lesser player and hang onto their young guns

A lesser player/hitter? They already have 7 of them in their lineup. Do you really think they need another? They are paying a 35 year old past his prime Granderson, 16 million, for next to zero production, and one of the worst throwing arms in the OF. Paying an over the hill injury prone Cuddyer, 10 million, for next to nothing, and their 20 million dollar a year franchise player has been either hurt or underachieving 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not sure what another lesser player would do for this team, unless they just want to tread water.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    They will trade Matz, Plawecki and Montero for Tulo Im sure. Then Tulo will get hit by a bus or something. That's the Mets way.

"Meet the Matz, meet the Matz, step right up and greet the Matz, bring the kiddies, bring the wife, guaranteed you'll have the time of your life" Only long time Mets fans will get that. Anyway, trading for Tulo is way too risky IMO, the guy can't seem to stay healthy. Matz and Plawecki are expendable when D'arnaud gets back, the good thing is, they have such a glut of young pitching, they can afford to part with someone, but they need to get a big time bat in return. The Mets have a shot at the playoffs, but If Wright's injury is as bad as it appears, they'll need some more offense, they'll need to make a move, or two
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    BATS ARE TERRIBLE
    BONUS FOR MET FANS
    PENN NATIONAL RACE 7...NOAH n JACOB
    w2w

Horse is SCRATCHED.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    A lesser player/hitter? They already have 7 of them in their lineup. Do you really think they need another? They are paying a 35 year old past his prime Granderson, 16 million, for next to zero production, and one of the worst throwing arms in the OF. Paying an over the hill injury prone Cuddyer, 10 million, for next to nothing, and their 20 million dollar a year franchise player has been either hurt or underachieving 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not sure what another lesser player would do for this team, unless they just want to tread water.

Hey, maybe they can see if Bobby Bonilla has anything left, I mean they're still paying him, might as well see if he can help out as long as he's cashing those checks every year.
    edited May 2015
    "Meet the Matz, meet the Matz, step right up and greet the Matz, bring the kiddies, bring the wife, guaranteed you'll have the time of your life" Only long time Mets fans will get that.

How 'bout the guy in the background chiming in, "Hit it over the wall".
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    "Meet the Matz, meet the Matz, step right up and greet the Matz, bring the kiddies, bring the wife, guaranteed you'll have the time of your life" Only long time Mets fans will get that. Anyway, trading for Tulo is way too risky IMO, the guy can't seem to stay healthy. Matz and Plawecki are expendable when D'arnaud gets back, the good thing is, they have such a glut of young pitching, they can afford to part with someone, but they need to get a big time bat in return. The Mets have a shot at the playoffs, but If Wright's injury is as bad as it appears, they'll need some more offense, they'll need to make a move, or two

When you think of the limited SS options, the depth of young pitching the Mets have, and their god awful lineup, how risky is it? Take a chance now while you don't have to pay the young pitching yet. When it's time to get paid, you can't keep all of them.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    How 'bout the guy in the background chiming in, "Hit it over the wall".

When I was a kid, my dad was a big Mets fan, I grew up with that song, I think I know it better than the National Anthem, LOL
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    When you think of the limited SS options, the depth of young pitching the Mets have, and their god awful lineup, how risky is it? Take a chance now while you don't have to pay the young pitching yet. When it's time to get paid, you can't keep all of them.

It will be interesting to see what they do, in order to get the big bat, or two that they need, they'll have to part with a couple of those studs, the question is which ones. For me, Harvey and Syndergaard would be untouchable. If you're interested in Brandon Phillips or Jay Bruce, give the Reds a call, I'm sure they'll listen
    edited May 2015
    They definitely need to do something...but...I do not think TULO is the answer.
    BTW...PENN NATIONAL RACING was CANCELLED last night.IN HYONOR of DAVID?
    w2w
    edited May 2015
    I do not think it can get any WORSE.
    THINGS will get better.
    YA GOTTA BELIEVE.w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I do not think it can get any WORSE.
    THINGS will get better.
    YA GOTTA BELIEVE.w2w

Sure it can, just wait until Syndergaard blows out his elbow, you know it's coming
    edited May 2015
    WAY TO GO
    COLON our SAVIOR for now
    w2w
    edited May 2015
    ANOTHER EXTRA INNING WIN
    BULLPEN SCARES ME
    w2w
    edited May 2015
    The NOAH & LUCAS SHOW ACT 2
    THANK GOD FOR THE PHILLIES
    w2w
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Get me to 30 Wire before the Yanks.
    edited May 2015
    It is looking good right now.
    w2w
    edited May 2015
    I am probably the only MET FAN in history that hated TOM SEAVER & GARY CARTER.They were just obnoxious.The HARVEY HYPE continues...he will become a third member on the list.THE GUY ISN'T SUPERMAN.
    w2w
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Just wondering what Mets youve liked....Hernandez....Piazza.....Franco....Doc...Straw? Not exactly a long list to choose from.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Just wondering what Mets youve liked....Hernandez....Piazza.....Franco....Doc...Straw? Not exactly a long list to choose from.

What about Marv (Marvelous) Throneberry don't forget about him.

Just in case your to young

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/thronma01.shtml
    edited May 2015
    I am probably the only MET FAN in history that hated TOM SEAVER & GARY CARTER.They were just obnoxious.
    I can understand your dislike for the late Gary Carter, BUT TOM SEAVER? Don't tell me you disliked Nancy too?
    edited June 2015
    TOM and NANCY NAUCIOUS and LITTLE SARAH.
    w2w
    edited June 2015
    My favorite METS
    GIL HODGES
    DUKE SNIDER
    WILLIE MAYS
    GEORGE FOSTER
    DAVE KINGMAN
    w2w
    edited June 2015