Betting Talk

Zags give me the BettingTalk Bracket Title..do I hedge?

waddywaddy Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
If Gonzaga beats Duke tomorrow it guarantees me 1st place.....
If Duke wins I will get 4th unless Mich St beats Duke in the final 4.

So basically I have $500 on the Zags tomorrow, otherwise I can still get a giant $0 even with having 7 of the final 8 and 3 of the final 4 if Mich St wins tomorrow.

Do I hedge???????

Comments

• waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    By the way.....having the basketball contest and the football bowl game contest on here every year is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    He doesn't have to keep doing this, but he does!! Many Thanks.....it is the only bracket I have done for probably 10 years
    edited March 2015
    On another note....why did ND waste that last time out??
    They needed that on that last play, thought Brey really screwed that up.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    incredibly hard to say that Brey screwed anything up IMO... in hind site maybe but he put his team in the absolute best position to win that game and unfortunately they didn't win in the end.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    That's assumimg you qualify...
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    waddy wrote: »
    On another note....why did ND waste that last time out??
    They needed that on that last play, thought Brey really screwed that up.

Last play was a disaster. No one but Grant really made a move for the ball, and he got it at his own baseline. He had to race up court dribbling with his head down to the corner of the court. He got off a desperation jumper with 3 guys on him that was basically a prayer. So many shooters on that team, and you didn't even need a three, and that's what you got. Not having a TO there hurt, but terrible scenario the way that play unfolded.
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    not sure how it shows im in first, i figured once virginia was knocked out early i was done ..
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    If Gonzaga beats Duke tomorrow it guarantees me 1st place.....
    If Duke wins I will get 4th unless Mich St beats Duke in the final 4.

So basically I have $500 on the Zags tomorrow, otherwise I can still get a giant $0 even with having 7 of the final 8 and 3 of the final 4 if Mich St wins tomorrow.

Do I hedge???????

Let's see.... you have zero invested.... so, go with the flow and bet the Zags on the money line.
    edited March 2015
    firstclass wrote: »
    not sure how it shows im in first, i figured once virginia was knocked out early i was done ..[/QUOTE
    If Duke gets beat by Kentucky in the finals you will still finish 2nd.
    There is a thing in the drop down of the standings that says "what if" that allows you to punch in different winners and it shows you the new standings
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    If the ville beats msu and zags beat duke, my wife's bracket wins 3rd place and 15k in a pool we are in. She has no idea.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    If the ville beats msu and zags beat duke, my wife's bracket wins 3rd place and 15k in a pool we are in. She has no idea.

She has no idea you guys can win the money, or she has no idea what she's doing picking games? GL
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    kane wrote: »
    She has no idea you guys can win the money, or she has no idea what she's doing picking games? GL

No idea we can win the money. She obviously knows what she's doing because I was knocked out a week ago.
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    firstclass wrote: »
    not sure how it shows im in first, i figured once virginia was knocked out early i was done ..[/QUOTE
    If Duke gets beat by Kentucky in the finals you will still finish 2nd.
    There is a thing in the drop down of the standings that says "what if" that allows you to punch in different winners and it shows you the new standings

THANKS just saw that what if
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    sorry to burst everyone's bubble but duke is going to win... suspense is gone :). GL folks.
    edited March 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    sorry to burst everyone's bubble but duke is going to win... suspense is gone :). GL folks.

Ya, I was only one with 7 of final 8....then 3 for first 3 in final 4 and I'm going to get nothing unless Gonzaga can calm down
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Ya did a good job it just didn't work out..
    Better luck
    edited March 2015
    I hate Christian Laettner