Betting Talk

KY v Irish this afternoon...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited April 2015 in Sports Betting
opinions more than welcome. I personally think +11 is enough (my first thought was if they make it a DD spread then i'm in) based on how i foresee things playing out. Hinges real strong on the ability of the Irish to draw out the bigs to the 3 line and execute offensively from there. ND can run and play half court... huge lack in size forces them to try and push KY into a different style then normal, albeit KY can morph into just about any team they need to be to adjust accordingly. Guard play always prove to be a monster role this time of year and everyone knows the talent ND has in that area as well as ND's ability to make shots.

By no means do i think they have a true chance of pulling the upset but again I'll take the 11 b/c the Irish will score enough points to stay w/in that range.

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    FWIW, i grabbed ND +6.5 1H too.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Love over 136 1/2 Newc
    May play over ND Team Total
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    opinions more than welcome. I personally think +11 is enough (my first thought was if they make it a DD spread then i'm in) based on how i foresee things playing out. Hinges real strong on the ability of the Irish to draw out the bigs to the 3 line and execute offensively from there. ND can run and play half court... huge lack in size forces them to try and push KY into a different style then normal, albeit KY can morph into just about any team they need to be to adjust accordingly. Guard play always prove to be a monster role this time of year and everyone knows the talent ND has in that area as well as ND's ability to make shots.

By no means do i think they have a true chance of pulling the upset but again I'll take the 11 b/c the Irish will score enough points to stay w/in that range.

I'm just a tad bit more optimistic than you Newc :)

<tbody>
    Ticket#:147815796
    Mar 28 06:05 PM

INTERNET / -1
    Mar 19 12:06 PM

PROP

MENS NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT - WINNER
    [43008] NOTRE DAME +2000

</tbody>
    edited March 2015
    gl reb! i'll be rooting for you. I'm still partially ill from watching the last KY game vs WV as it was honestly gross how bad it was. Traditionally hard to be up for the next game after such a lopsided, destroying of an opponent. KY is beatable as everyone is so again GL brother.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2015

With the in your face the Kentucky Defense plays I'm not so sure about ND's scoring the way I was against Wichita St. I believe Kentucky has the size over ND and ND doesn't have the bench that it may need. IMO there's only one way ND stays within this number and that's doing a good job of keeping Kentucky off the offensive glass and limit 2nd chance points. Kentucky is right up there with the best offensive rebounding teams and that will be a huge task to achieve. I'm not selling the Irish short because they can create but to stay within this number Grant needs to play like a wild man. Games as they usually are for the most part this time of year hang around the number but it wouldn't surprise me if ND gets Blown Out of the Gym. Going against you Newc but still wish you luck.
    edited March 2015
    you're not giving ND the credit they deserve IMO my friend OT. Wish you luck always as well :). Not many teams out there if any with the likes of this irish squad and their incredible ability to score points in bundles. they aren't known for their D by any means BUT they manage to get stops and shut down when needed (they are quite a bit oversized today so thats the main issue). i understand KY has length but that length may be forced to come out and defend. should be exciting...
    edited March 2015
    Always enjoy reading your posts and opinions and hope everything is good at home. When you said about the three years you and your wife have been restricted with the babies and all it brought back memories when I had two babies a year apart and no family in Brooklyn. We were the last to leave.
    We didn't do anything for 3 years. We didn't want to leave the babies with anyone (we're both a little OCD lol) So here's one for you and your wife have a great time be safe. Oh yea funny my Daughter's first words I swear were Touchdown sitting in one of those things they sit in with the legs out. I'm so old don't even know what they call them or even have them anymore. lol
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I played 1H total OVER 63.5. No opinion on side or game total.
    edited March 2015
    feel bad for the irish... those boys had this one. great game.

anyone else can't stand Calipari? fucker survived one tonight. give KY credit but they were outplayed tonight. missed some ft's late and cost em
    edited March 2015
    Congrats Great Job.
    edited March 2015
    now only if the over would've hit... seemed like it was there with a few mins left but oh well. hell of a game.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    anyone else can't stand Calipari? fucker survived one tonight.

Newc, why the dislike for Coach Cal? There were a lot worse coaches at UK to pick on.;)
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Newc, why the dislike for Coach Cal? There were a lot worse coaches at UK to pick on.;)

Cheating at Umass and Memphis. Only a matter of time before he runs out of Lexington with the house burning down.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Stricknine wrote: »
    Cheating at Umass and Memphis. Only a matter of time before he runs out of Lexington with the house burning down.

The moral compass is now in the Bermuda Triangle. It's all about winning.
    edited April 2015
    hes just a smug prick in my opinion on top of what Strick said but that doesn't take away from his ability to recruit and coach the boys.