Betting Talk

end of duke game...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
crazy for bettors...

Comments

• buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Just use common sense and end it. There couldn't have been more than 0.2 when the foul occurred, just let it end.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Just use common sense and end it. There couldn't have been more than 0.2 when the foul occurred, just let it end.

agree. brought the players back on... nuts
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    reminds me of an Ohio ST bowl game years ago where they brought the players back on the field for one play & the other team scored
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm speechless about this one... Millions of dollars just changed hands on bullshit.
    edited March 2015
    affected the 2h total as well.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Lost on Utah +5 but took my 2h push to a win with O70. Ras and Doc another O-fer tonight.
    edited March 2015
    The duke player should have have just thrown up bricks... And not even try to make the free throws.. Still can't believe they made them come back on the floor... What a joke.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Not only that, for some reason they didn't call an obvious jump ball, or the minor half-hearted hack attempts by Utah after the jump ball should have been called and then a ref decides to fukin call that with like 0.02 left. It looked like his whistle blew just as time expired too, very weak, should have just let it end.
    I don't know who had the possession arrow in their favor, anyone know?
    Thought it was a poorly officiated game overall definitely favoring duke, especially early on which allowed duke to get a grip on the game.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    buythehook wrote: »
    The duke player should have have just thrown up bricks... And not even try to make the free throws.. Still can't believe they made them come back on the floor... What a joke.

I think they did what they were supposed to do. The foul occurred with .7 seconds remaining. Then would you really expect the player to purposely miss the free throws? Where do you draw the line as to when they should bring them back to shoot the fts? Just under 1 sec, or with 1.7 secs left. You simply sound like a bettor who had money on Utah +5 or +5.5
    edited March 2015
    As for the outomce; have to love justice winslow's game... he was the obvious difference.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Lost on Utah +5 but took my 2h push to a win with O70. Ras and Doc another O-fer tonight.

I thought RAS went 1-1-1 tonight
  • firstclassfirstclass Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    that saved me my duke bet, been on the other side enough.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I thought RAS went 1-1-1 tonight

They did, but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    For people saying it was right to call that foul, what about the jump ball that didn't get called?
    Anyone know who the possession arrow favored there?
    The ending of this game was bizarre.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I along with many had UTAH+5 I lost but with that said=the refs did the right thing and the kid who was shooting free throws also did the right thing-It was a bad beat but I accept, these things usually even out...
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited March 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Anyone know who the possession arrow favored there?
    Duke.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »

Ras was 1-1-1, as discussed, although some might have lost the game he pushed.

I didn't have a play, so I guess I was 0 for 0?

Other than that, though, solid post.
    edited March 2015
    Cpech appears to be feeling the effects of neg variance lately. Always remember it's a marathon even though it can constantly feel like a sprint...
    edited March 2015
    ESPN article about millions of dollars effected by the game.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=12575347
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Not only that, for some reason they didn't call an obvious jump ball, or the minor half-hearted hack attempts by Utah after the jump ball should have been called and then a ref decides to fukin call that with like 0.02 left. It looked like his whistle blew just as time expired too, very weak, should have just let it end.
    I don't know who had the possession arrow in their favor, anyone know?
    Thought it was a poorly officiated game overall definitely favoring duke, especially early on which allowed duke to get a grip on the game.

Refs favoring Duke? Shocking, that's something you don't see. I knew Utah was in trouble when the refs called a third foul on Delone Wright in the first half when a jump ball would have been the correct call, they took Utah's best player out of the game. Of all the officials in every sport, college or pro, I honestly think college basketball referees are the worst
    edited March 2015
    duke played shitty and still won fairly easy is the thing though fellas. refs didn't win this game for duke. defense and timely scoring did. Wright may be their best player but he wasn't able to do much anyhow with Winslow guarding him. go dukies :).
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    duke played shitty and still won fairly easy is the thing though fellas. refs didn't win this game for duke. defense and timely scoring did. Wright may be their best player but he wasn't able to do much anyhow with Winslow guarding him. go dukies :).

Utah didn't play well either, and didn't deserve to win, so I'm not blaming the refs, but you can't call that foul on Wright in that spot, that's a jump ball every time, even the announcers couldn't believe it. There is zero chance if that was a Duke player the ref calls a foul, zero
    edited March 2015
    According to that article then the utes most definitely would've won the game if their "star" player wouldn't have received that foul. A bit opinionate but that's how media. Better team won and played scared for a half as coach said.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Like I said, Duke was the better team, but that bullshit foul changed the complexion of the game. In addition to sitting out the rest of the half, Wright had to play tentative the rest of the way because of that call. I'm not saying Utah wins if the bullshit call isn't made, but you can't give a teams best player his third foul in the first half on that play, you just can't make that call, it's a jump ball every time, and again, there's zero chance a Dookie gets called for a foul in that spot, the look on Wright's face said it all
    edited March 2015
    kane, its a bit obvious your hatred towards the blue devils but i agree it wasn't the right call. shit happens. winslow d'ed the guy up either way so i honestly don't think it would've changed how he played or the outcome whatsoever. he isn't that much of a difference maker in that game bottom line. Duke played exceptional defense and thats why they won... I was amazed they didn't work the inside out more with 3 balls and less driving in which they missed alot at the rim they normally make. anyhow, move on the next round my friend and i hope the irish stretch out that KY d to the 3 line to make it interesting.
    edited March 2015
    Things I've learned so far in this thread:

1-1 and 0-0 are both O-fers.

If a player has a look of surprise on his face then he didn't commit a foul.

If the announcers think that a call was bad, it must be.

Diving on top of a player on the floor is never a foul.

Officials should react to the spread.
    edited March 2015
    lol. love it H. you should've also learned that Winslow is an unstoppable force... according to newcombe.
    edited March 2015
    lol. love it H. you should've also learned that Winslow is an unstoppable force... according to newcombe.

That one I knew already!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    kane, its a bit obvious your hatred towards the blue devils but i agree it wasn't the right call. shit happens. winslow d'ed the guy up either way so i honestly don't think it would've changed how he played or the outcome whatsoever. he isn't that much of a difference maker in that game bottom line. Duke played exceptional defense and thats why they won... I was amazed they didn't work the inside out more with 3 balls and less driving in which they missed alot at the rim they normally make. anyhow, move on the next round my friend and i hope the irish stretch out that KY d to the 3 line to make it interesting.

Thank you for admitting it was a bad call. Any player will play different with three fouls compared to two, it's human nature to be a bit more tentative knowing you've got three instead of two fouls