Betting Talk

Texas/Butler

6pounder6pounder Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
I'm not following nearly as close as I have in recent years but shouldn't Texas win this game easy? Any opinions?

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    6pounder wrote: »
    I'm not following nearly as close as I have in recent years but shouldn't Texas win this game easy? Any opinions?

Played Texas - 1 1/2
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Texas is the more talented team, but I don't trust them, I didn't play this game
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I took the Bulldogs +2.
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I live in Austin and am a UT alum, have season tickets to Basketball and Football games... Well, I HAD season tickets to Basketball until I got so fed up with Rick Barnes 2 seasons ago that my wife and I (along with a friend and his wife) decided we'd rather not pay any money for the "Rick Barnes Experience" when we could watch it for free with plenty of alcohol on hand to liven things up.

Last night was a pantheon performance bearing all the hallmarks of a true Rick Barnes Experience. Mismanagement of lineups, zero creativity in the sets, misuse of personnel, lots of clock-killing perimeter dribbling and passing that seemed to have no real purpose, relying on Isaiah Taylor to go into Russell Westbrook iso-mode at the end of games just to get decent looks at the basket, and for a second time, complete misuse of personnel. It truly checked off all the boxes. The way Barnes kills kids' confidence is just mind-blowing. Instead of having college kids embrace their emotions and let them all hang out, Barnes sucks the will to live right out of the kids until they're playing zombie ball. The most passionate moment of the season was the near brawl during UT's upset of Baylor (an upset that happened in part because some emotion leaked out). We UT fans foolishly thought that some emotion would carry over into the tournament and then last night happened. It's not that we lost, it's HOW we lost. It's HOW we mismanaged Myles Turner all season by underutilizing him and zapping his confidence. It's HOW we never developed an identity as a team. It's HOW we have an established trend of doing the same thing with every top talent we recruit. It's almost shocking that Durant made it through his year of Barnes tutelage unscathed.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    babaoriley wrote: »
    I live in Austin and am a UT alum, have season tickets to Basketball and Football games... Well, I HAD season tickets to Basketball until I got so fed up with Rick Barnes 2 seasons ago that my wife and I (along with a friend and his wife) decided we'd rather not pay any money for the "Rick Barnes Experience" when we could watch it for free with plenty of alcohol on hand to liven things up.

Last night was a pantheon performance bearing all the hallmarks of a true Rick Barnes Experience. Mismanagement of lineups, zero creativity in the sets, misuse of personnel, lots of clock-killing perimeter dribbling and passing that seemed to have no real purpose, relying on Isaiah Taylor to go into Russell Westbrook iso-mode at the end of games just to get decent looks at the basket, and for a second time, complete misuse of personnel. It truly checked off all the boxes. The way Barnes kills kids' confidence is just mind-blowing. Instead of having college kids embrace their emotions and let them all hang out, Barnes sucks the will to live right out of the kids until they're playing zombie ball. The most passionate moment of the season was the near brawl during UT's upset of Baylor (an upset that happened in part because some emotion leaked out). We UT fans foolishly thought that some emotion would carry over into the tournament and then last night happened. It's not that we lost, it's HOW we lost. It's HOW we mismanaged Myles Turner all season by underutilizing him and zapping his confidence. It's HOW we never developed an identity as a team. It's HOW we have an established trend of doing the same thing with every top talent we recruit. It's almost shocking that Durant made it through his year of Barnes tutelage unscathed.

Texas could do a heckuva lot better, that's for sure.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I was at the game.
    Just terrible. No real ball movement.
    No attacking the basket & that tall kid #21
    looked like he was on valium
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    They all look like they're on valium. It's part of the Rick Barnes Experience. Zero passion/emotion. Just a bunch of passionless guys going through the motions.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    How does a guy like Barnes hang around for so long? You fire your football coach at the drop of a hat-- but let an awful basketball coach stay. Oh, I forgot-- it's football country.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    He gone