Fellow eagle fans...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
thoughts on the many changes going on?

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2015
    :confused:

I honestly have no idea what to think. I'm just going to wait for the dust to settle and we'll see what happens in the fall.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I like the QB swap Bradford for Foles with Sanchise as signed backup a plus. Kelly is cleaning house and doing it his way. Stephen A Smith thinks Kelly is a little bias toward the racial composition though.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    I like the QB swap Bradford for Foles with Sanchise as signed backup a plus. Kelly is cleaning house and doing it his way. Stephen A Smith thinks Kelly is a little bias toward the racial composition though.

And I think Stephen A Smith is a scumbag who brings race into everything because he knows it will get him attention. He's no better
    edited March 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    And I think Stephen A Smith is a scumbag who brings race into everything because he knows it will get him attention. He's no better

He's nails on a chalkboard to me. I can't even listen to him. Doesn't matter to me if he's making valid points or not; I just find his delivery too annoying.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    i think i like the moves but like Goats said, we'll wait and see. i'm all for exchanging offense for defense as we all know you can't win the big one without some level of excellence on the D side.
    edited March 2015
    appears he sees value in getting individuals with injuries. my hope is hes getting them at good prices and taking advantage of the fact that when healthy they are solid. I suppose injuries can happen to anyone but Ryan Mathews worries me as the feature back.
    edited March 2015
    I like the QB swap as mentioned, but baffled that the Eggles picked up all of Bradfords 13mill contract and also gave away a good draft choice.
    Also Kelly disspelled rumors that he was working a deal to get Mariota.
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I like everything but the qb trade.. not sure what Bradford brings since hes always injured along with almost 13 million dollars. Hoping this inst the end of the moves at qb.
    edited March 2015
    milfhunter wrote: »
    I like everything but the qb trade.. not sure what Bradford brings since hes always injured .

They pulled the trigger on the trade because the OC Shermur worked with Bradford in Slouis and comes recommended.
    edited March 2015
    a healthy bradford has shown, atleast IMO, that he can be elite. freak accident that he was hit in the same knee twice. bad luck really (and bad blocking).
    edited March 2015
    when has Bradford ever shown he can be elite? What did he do with Shermur as the OC.. elite qbs usually make their team better.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    a healthy bradford has shown, atleast IMO, that he can be elite. freak accident that he was hit in the same knee twice. bad luck really (and bad blocking).

Sorry Newc, but we have different definitions for word elite
    edited March 2015
    the rams needed more than just bradford to be better as he never stood a chance behind that O line but if you look at the throws he can and does make as well as his stats prior to injury in '13 for example then i personally think he can be an elite qb. only time will tell i guess. alot of elite qbs are products of how good their teams are as well and i think chip will put him in a great position to perform.
    edited March 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Sorry Newc, but we have different definitions for word elite

not arguing but how do you know that he CANT be elite? pretty sure if you put other 'elite' qbs on the rams teams he played with then they would struggle as well. just my opinion though and i watched him excel at OU as well. the kid can play ball.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    He's been in the league since 2010, and his numbers don't indicate anything close to being an elite QB, yes he's had some injuries, but his career completion percentage is 58% and his TD-Int ratio is 59-38. When I think of 'elite" QB's, the names Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning come to mind, Bradford isn't anywhere close to those guys, then you have the next tier of QB's, guys like Romo, Flacco, Rivers, and a bunch more, I don't think Bradford belongs in that group either. I guess we'll have to disagree about him, he was the number one pick in the draft, and to this point he's had a disappointing career. Maybe in Kelly's offense he can finally become the QB he was expected to be, we'll see.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    BTW, it's seems blasphemous for a Husker to be defending a Sooner anyway
    edited March 2015
    kane wrote: »
    BTW, it's seems blasphemous for a Husker to be defending a Sooner anyway

lol. no shit! what the hell am i thinking... :)
    edited March 2015
    Looks like Mr. Bradford might be recruiting demarco murray which would be nice.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2015

ESPN was reporting Demarco "Personally" reached out to Philadelphia. What does that say about Dallas when your star running back wants to go play with a former college roommate for a division rival.
    edited March 2015

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 9h 9 hours ago

It's on: Cowboys free-agent RB DeMarco Murray is flying to Philadelphia to meet Eagles officials on Thursday, per league source.

Not sure why they signed Mathews so quickly unless they didn't think they actually had a shot at Murray at the time.
    edited March 2015
    if they were to get demarco then there goes the idea of having a player that is excessively paid right?
    edited March 2015
    if they were to get demarco then there goes the idea of having a player that is excessively paid right?

This is where it's getting interesting and I'm going to answer my own comment about not understanding why they signed Mathews so fast.

My impression is that Murray is finding out that no one is willing to give him the $ he wanted/thought he could get. He may wind up having to take less $ than the numbers initially being thrown around and that newer, lower amount may not be as excessive as once thought. Of course, "excessive" is subjective, as is the perceived value of a player from one team/GM/coach to the next.

All that said, even if they get a reasonable price on Murray (whatever that may be), adding Mathews' 4M to it certainly seems to make the RB package excessive. I can't see signing Mathews for 4M and Murray for let's say 6-7M as optimal, especially when they still have Sproles in the mix (and Polk as a younger, cheaper backup). I'd love for them to sign Murray just to make things interesting, but if they do, I have to wonder what they'll be doing with Mathews.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 32m 32 minutes ago

Eagles coach Chip Kelly is here today to meet with DeMarco Murray. No Oregon Pro Day for him.
    edited March 2015
    This makes more sense...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 13m 13 minutes ago

RB update: DeMarco Murray flies to Philly this morning. Very real mutual interest. Meanwhile, Ryan Mathews hasn’t signed (yet). He waits too
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Goats wrote: »

My impression is that Murray is finding out that no one is willing to give him the $ he wanted/thought he could get.

Research data has shown that running backs' performance take a big hit after a 350 carry season. Couple that with the high rate of good running backs being drafted in the 3rd round or lower and you have a very weak position at the bargaining table. Most important thing for Philly is to solidify and get depth for their O-line. That's what's going to make or break their players (and season).
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I have a feeling Murray signs with the Eagles, and the Cowboys end up with Adrian Petersen
    edited March 2015
    lets keep AP put in minny :)...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Assuming the Cowboys lose Murray, bringing in AP would be a typical Jerry Jones move, I know he loves him, and I don't know if he wants to stay in Minnesota after what happened last season. If I was Dallas, I'd let Murray walk, then go after a lesser known guy, someone like a Justin Forsett. The Dallas O-line is so good you could plug almost anyone back there and have success, or maybe find a back in the draft, but JJ loves the big name, it will be interesting to see what happens.
    edited March 2015
    from what I'm hearing, Stephen Jones is making most of the decisions which is good for the boys. Jerry can't control his spending habits...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    from what I'm hearing, Stephen Jones is making most of the decisions which is good for the boys. Jerry can't control his spending habits...

Good point, last year JJ wanted to take Manziel, but was talked out of it, and instead they went with Zach Martin the O lineman from NDU, turned out to be a wise decision, if they do somehow end up with AP, you know it would strictly be a JJ call
    edited March 2015
    IMO, I don't want Murray. He's taken his lumps this year from excessive use. Forgetting about that for a second, the main reason he's not on my team is his lack of ball security. IOW, HE FUMBLES TOO MUCH.