Betting Talk

H82Lose Tennis Discussion

124»

Comments

• h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    There is no one on the tour id rather watch play then Federer. Beautiful game. Truly a genius at his trait.
    edited August 2015
    can anyone with direct TV confirm if they have 8 live match courts again this year?
    edited August 2015
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2015
    h82lose wrote: »
    can anyone with direct TV confirm if they have 8 live match courts again this year?

It's 5 courts, not 8. But yes, they have it again. I'm sure that it'll be Ashe, Armstrong, Grandstand, Court 17, and then whatever outer court is next in line (court 11 or 13 maybe).
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Tommy, I think its WatchESPN then that has I believe 8 or 11 courts of live coverage.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Bolelli/Goffin O38 -110
    Paire +7.5 -110 over Nishikori
    Dolgopolov/Groth U40.5 -115
    Chardy/Shane O28 -115
    Chung/Duckworth O38 -115
    Simon/Young U35.5 -120
    Haase/Brown O39-5 -110
    Baghdatis?Darcis O36 -105
    Mayer/Federer U29 +100

Question: What method do they use to select pairings? TY
    edited August 2015
    The top 32 players are seeded and then slotted/drawn into the bracket. Then, it becomes a blind draw for the other 96 players to be slotted into the bracket. It's how you end up with something like Federer playing the 33rd ranked player in the first round (bad luck for both Federer and Mayer).
    edited August 2015
    I can't believe that there is no actual TV coverage this week in the 11am-1pm window. Thank God for Directv and the 5 court coverage which is starting up at 11. Tennis isn't really doing themselves a favor making people interested in the Cibulkova-Ivanovic match or the Mardy Fish match watch it online (especially when the Tennis Channel is currently showing the final of the Brisbane tournament from January).
    edited August 2015
    Ya, ESPN bought 100% of the airtime coverage rights this year. Their Watch ESPN coverage is great though. I imagine they will start covering earlier in later rounds.
    edited August 2015
    Bolelli is about to tank. Lost all patience in his game.
    edited August 2015
    Figures. Venus could not hold to serve it out to hit our under. Remind me never to bet on that mug lacko against a counter puncher. Pathetic showing
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I'm surprised with the number of upsets of top seeded players we've already had.

K. Nishikori -1400
    J. Jankovic -1000
    A. Ivanovic -303
    Ka. Pliskova -455
    edited August 2015
    Nishikori I saw coming in early rounds. Did not expect 1st round as he is injured. For the woman's, it's just that. It's women. Probably more to do with fatigue as all of them played tourneys all the way up to the open deep in tournaments.
    edited August 2015
    Nishikori I saw coming in early rounds. Did not expect 1st round as he is injured. For the woman's, it's just that. It's women. Probably more to do with fatigue as all of them played tourneys all the way up to the open deep in tournaments.
    Ivanovic got a brutal draw with Cibulkova. Domi is a seeded player (and borderline top 10 on hard courts) when healthy and playing well. Seems like she found her game today.
    edited September 2015
    These retirements are getting ridiculous. Killing us on the Non W/A Stuff
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    This sport is getting as dodgy as Jai-Alai. I want in!!

Scenario: As a ATP/WPA tennis pro I make a big play on myself with full game outs. If I cruise to victory I collect. If I get behind insurmountably I'll feign an injury and retire. REFUND. Can't lose. Where's the checks and balances? Wasn't that Ukrainian Dolgopolov suspected of some larceny?
    edited September 2015
    yes a while ago he was. The money is refunded on spreads and totals. Most shops will have 1 to 2 sets for action on the moneylines. there are some out there that require full game. Everyones diff. But most majors require 1 to 2 sets for Moneylines.
    edited September 2015
    I'm worried that McEnroe's head might explode if he's forced to call any more Kyrgios matches. Nick quits on more points in one match than Nadal has in his whole career.
    edited September 2015
    These retirements are getting ridiculous. Killing us on the Non W/A Stuff

I'll vouch for Kokkinakis with his retirement. He never should have played as long as he did, and they needed someone to step in and stop it before he collapsed on the court. He had Gasquet on the ropes, and then his body completely broke down with cramps. He was basically out on his feet the last 15-20 minutes.
    edited September 2015
    Ya Tommy, I saw that. he should of closed that out much sooner. I love the kids game though. I think more upside than Coric. Its odd how he breaks down physically, thats not the first time thats happened, considering down under they train and play their kids on best of 5 matches in the junior level to get them accustomed to grandslams and daviscup
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Vandeweghe with a nice win in the opening round, then wins 3 games against a wild card qualifier!!
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    jammer wrote: »
    Vandeweghe with a nice win in the opening round, then wins 3 games against a wild card qualifier!!

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When ESPN asks you for another mid-match interview <a href="http://t.co/IBjAnQkZpx">pic.twitter.com/IBjAnQkZpx</a></p>&mdash; WTA Reactions (@WTAreactions) <a href=" 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Imagine this bitch thinks she's an NBA scout 'cause her uncle is Kiki. She calls out Carmello Anthony as being too 'soft' a player. I got news for you Coco, your uncle was no Charles Oakley.
    edited September 2015
    Coco looked like shit today. She usually has problems against pushers as they cause her to make the errors. When you give her pace she's usually on. I have no explanation for what insane today other than she just did not take her opponent seriously and made a ton of errors.

Keys match up against radwanska is kinda the same. She hates pushers so it will be interesting. Still looking at this one.