Betting Talk

Bovada takes a million dollar hit

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
Anyone else see this? I say good riddance, couldnt have happened to a better shithole.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=12369499

Comments

• MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Is there proof this actually happened or just a publicity stunt?
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Anyone else see this? I say good riddance, couldnt have happened to a better shithole.

Good Riddance? Where are they going?
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Good Riddance? Where are they going?

to apply for a loan at country wide ;)
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Poor choice of wording on my part. Fuck Bovada

Is that better. Funny guys
    edited February 2015
    Cpech, unreal you just made me throw $1.00 away ;)

#1) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Philadelphia 76ers 2/23/2015 4:35PM - (PST) Money Line +590 for Game
    #2) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : New Orleans Pelicans 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +255 for Game
    #3) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Milwaukee Bucks 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +255 for Game
    #4) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Minnesota T'wolves 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +330 for Game
    #5) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Utah Jazz 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +195 for Game
    #6) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Boston Celtics 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +285 for Game
    #7) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Denver Nuggets 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +115 for Game
    #8) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Memphis Grizzlies 2/23/2015 7:35PM - (PST) Money Line +145 for Game
    Risking : 1.00 To Win : 22,368.77 USD
    edited February 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Cpech, unreal you just made me throw $1.00 away ;)

#1) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Philadelphia 76ers 2/23/2015 4:35PM - (PST) Money Line +590 for Game
    #2) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : New Orleans Pelicans 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +255 for Game
    #3) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Milwaukee Bucks 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +255 for Game
    #4) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Minnesota T'wolves 2/23/2015 5:05PM - (PST) Money Line +330 for Game
    #5) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Utah Jazz 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +195 for Game
    #6) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Boston Celtics 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +285 for Game
    #7) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Denver Nuggets 2/23/2015 6:05PM - (PST) Money Line +115 for Game
    #8) Sport : NBA Basketball
    Selection : Memphis Grizzlies 2/23/2015 7:35PM - (PST) Money Line +145 for Game
    Risking : 1.00 To Win : 22,368.77 USD

Lol, I think you may have started something. Genius Idea

Unfortunately my shop only allows me a 5 teamer.
    Parlay(s) Accepted

(1)
    .Kansas State ML (+195)
    (2)
    .Marist ML (+170)
    (3)
    .Alabama State ML (+150)
    (4)
    Milwaukee Bucks ML (+240)
    (5)
    Boston Celtics ML (+290)

Parlay(s) # of Parlays Risk Per Parlay Total Risk Total Win
    5-teamer 1 $10.00 $10.00 $500.00

Plays are now official and logged under Ticket #110346305
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Parlay(s) # of Parlays Risk Per Parlay Total Risk Total Win
    5-teamer 1 $10.00 $10.00 $500.00

Plays are now official and logged under Ticket #110346305

Do you realize how bad your book is killing you by only paying 50-1 on that parlay? That's pretty much robbery.

I'm interested to know...would it pay the exact same if you took any of those games out of it and made it a 4-teamer (my guess is yes, and they're just capping you at 50-1 as a max parlay payout)?
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited February 2015

Forgive my ignorance but what is the problem with Bovada? It was/is my understanding that they're a very square book. Now that they have apparently reopened the US market, I was looking to open an account when given time. If there are other issues please let me know.
    TIA.
    edited February 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Do you realize how bad your book is killing you by only paying 50-1 on that parlay? That's pretty much robbery.

I'm interested to know...would it pay the exact same if you took any of those games out of it and made it a 4-teamer (my guess is yes, and they're just capping you at 50-1 as a max parlay payout)?

Lol, yes I'm aware. Only local around these parts and this is the first and only parlay I ever put in with him.

And to answer your question yes, it's max payout of $500 on all parlays so even if I drop it to 4 of these 5 it's still $500.
    edited February 2015
    bumpo wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the problem with Bovada? It was/is my understanding that they're a very square book. Now that they have apparently reopened the US market, I was looking to open an account when given time. If there are other issues please let me know.
    TIA.

I can only speak from personal experience but they have the absolute worst customer service and it was pretty much non-existent when I last shopped lines with them. They are the squarest book around and the only reason I continue to have an account with them is for their props. Another reason is because I love to play poker and used to play online and I was almost positive their poker was rigged at times. The only way they could payout to me was via check and it took almost a month every time. When it did finally show, it was from some Chinese outfit and I was constantly heckled at the bank when trying to deposit.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    This is all a big publicity stunt, they probably make $50M a month on parlays.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    bumpo wrote: »
    TIA.

I don't think bovada ever cut off the US. Bodog certainly did, but Bovada has been around for a long time.

I use them when RAS releases a late under total and they have the game lined.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Bodog is Bovada. All they did was change the name for US players. Nothing else ever changed.

They wanted to build the Bodog brand outside the USA, but I guess it didnt' work as they shut down the Euro site. Pretty sure Bodog.eu is Canadians only now.
    edited February 2015
    BOL, just tweeted out that someone hit them on an 8 team UFC dog parlay 2.00 for like 64k....copy cat marketers..LOL
    edited February 2015
    I play a lot of poker on Bovada, min 25oo hands a week. It doesnt appear to be rigged and I withdraw 3k a week, $$$ is x fered into my checking acc & i live in the US
    edited February 2015
    I play a lot of poker on Bovada, min 25oo hands a week. It doesnt appear to be rigged and I withdraw 3k a week, $$$ is x fered into my checking acc & i live in the US

You likely know what your doing when it comes to online poker. I haven't played for a couple years and mostly just played sit n go's but the cash games were ridiculous. I understand they try to get people into the pot so they make more rake but you don't see hands like that for hours playing live. I'm assuming your playing cash games and multiple tables?

When you say $$$ is xfered into your checking account are you allowed to fund your account that way also? The only way it would allow me to was prepaid debit card or WU+MG.
    edited February 2015
    I haven't played for a couple years and mostly just played sit n go's but the cash games were ridiculous. I understand they try to get people into the pot so they make more rake but you don't see hands like that for hours playing live.

You should never, ever, evvaahhh even consider playing online with this mindset. Do u really believe they script hands so more people enter the pot? I used my checking acc to fund it originally. but fortunately have not had to deposit for sometime. i mostly play limit 30-60 hm or o8 and leave at least 350 bbs in my acc to avoid redepositing fees etc
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I used to play a lot of poker at bodog/bovada. The reason people think it's "rigged" is because there are a lot of terrible players. Terrible players equates to more players getting money in the middle in bad situations, which then increases the chances of seeing the low % of outs hit
    edited February 2015
    I must be a terrible poker player than. I would love to watch you play sometime Mr. A it's a shame they dont have screen names any longer.
    edited February 2015
    I must be a terrible poker player than. I would love to watch you play sometime Mr. A it's a shame they dont have screen names any longer.
    i prefer anonymity. it keeps away huds etc. u play more poker and have to make your own decisions