Betting Talk

MLB Extra Innings

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited March 2015 in Sports Betting
I got a notice in the mail from Direct TV, $32.99 for 6 months..anyone have luck getting a good deal this year?

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Wait a while it's still early depending on how long your with them and what your getting now ptogram wise u can do better. Make sure you speak to the retention dept not the clerks who answer the phones they are limited. ATT owns them now so it may not be like it use to be but it will depend on the type of customer you are. Also after you work out something for baseball ask them what other promotions they have for a long time customer if you are a long time customer.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Wait a while it's still early depending on how long your with them and what your getting now ptogram wise u can do better. Make sure you speak to the retention dept not the clerks who answer the phones they are limited. ATT owns them now so it may not be like it use to be but it will depend on the type of customer you are. Also after you work out something for baseball ask them what other promotions they have for a long time customer if you are a long time customer.

Got ya..been with Direct TV for quite a while, called and received 1/2 off my Sunday Ticket. Think we have had the baseball package going on 10 years.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Is that a monthly price or for the 6 months?
    edited February 2015
    jm wrote: »
    Is that a monthly price or for the 6 months?

32.99 x 6..same published rate as last year..
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    for baseball junkies, this is a bargain i would pay 1500 a year if i had to
    edited March 2015
    offered me $7 off per month for the six months..kinda like a kick in the nuts but I called back three times and always got that offer..
    edited March 2015
    I got the same $7 off per month and a one time credit of $20 which comes out to $135 for the year. There getting tougher and tougher and I was on the phone with her for about 20 minutes. You could buy MLB for $129 and then a Stick for $50 plug it in your USB port but you can only use it for one TV and even though the $50 stick is a one time buy you'll do better every year with Directv. Were spoiled that's all. I went one time with the NFL package 3 years in a row for free and the NBA package which I get a nice deal on received that for free a few years ago. There still the best and until otherwise I'm a lifer. No Dodger Games the only downside I get everything else just about every night. Gotta run.
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I got the same $7 off per month and a one time credit of $20 which comes out to $135 for the year. There getting tougher and tougher and I was on the phone with her for about 20 minutes. You could buy MLB for $129 and then a Stick for $50 plug it in your USB port but you can only use it for one TV and even though the $50 stick is a one time buy you'll do better every year with Directv. Were spoiled that's all. I went one time with the NFL package 3 years in a row for free and the NBA package which I get a nice deal on received that for free a few years ago. There still the best and until otherwise I'm a lifer. No Dodger Games the only downside I get everything else just about every night. Gotta run.

It definitely is getting tougher. Generally DTV will be more liberal with Sunday Ticket discounts (based on package price and the fact it's DTV exclusive) especially I've you've had service at one point with DTV, canceled the service, and then reconnected recently.

A few tiny tips/tricks and advice of getting "around" if they haven't budged on a Extra Innings discount:

Wait a few days. Rather than calling in and asking for the Extra Innings discount, call in and say your bill has gotten too high and DISH has called recently and would save you (insert arbitrary number like $30 a month)… the rep will transfer you to the retention department, they won't be able to get you anything ridiculous like $30 discount per month but they'll usually take $10-15 off per month for the year. Adds up to basically getting Extra Innings half price.

Or if your 2 year agreement is up or just about to be up and you have a spouse/roommate, have them call in and sign up the service under their name. Based on the time of year now they'll try to offer the Sunday Ticket, if you are not a huge football guy just have them say "Can I get Extra Innings instead of Sunday Ticket?" Should work like a charm.

From "someone" who "might" work with DirecTV. :)
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Woops didn't mean to just quote Old Timer, meant to multi quote.
    edited March 2015
    Woops didn't mean to just quote Old Timer, meant to multi quote.

The real problem IMO is that ATT has bought Directv and you'll still get your some perks but things that Directv has given me over the years for being a long time customer and of course about $2500 a year won't be the same but time will tell. First your suggestion about the retention dept is spot on and I go there from the go I don't deal with clerks who are very limited in what they can do. From to go just ask for the retention dept they love it so they don't have to deal with you.

telling them your you might leave can put you in a worse position because they may say sorry but that's the best we can do, then what? Just MO is be nice they have everything they have ever given you right in front of them on the computer and they know they have always been more then fair and sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Be friendly you know where your calling from, how's the weather and then get what you can get.

I was in the business of having to say No at times to comps but I always offered something because everything you give has to be answer for but be grateful for what you can get and sometimes you'll get lucky.
    Don't forget after your dealing with the baseball package always ask if there are any other promotions available and see what they are. Hope you get lucky and if not it's still not a bad deal. It only feels bad because of what they use to give but things are changing and that's always a bitter pill to swallow when it goes against you. Mine comes out to $135 this year what is that like a $1 a game in HD I'm go with that. Just an opinion and good luck.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    going to call saturday .....ill let you know what happens
    edited March 2015
    I do like the added feature of using my direct tv login on mlb.com...you are correct OT still a great value.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    My wife tried to call behind my back a couple of years ago to cancel baseball, and they gave it to her for half price without her even asking.
    I live in AZ and the whole thing with the Pac 12 network is kind of silly....wonder if I bring that up if I start getting stuff?