Betting Talk

Jerome Kersey

kanekane Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
Former Trail Blazer Jerome Kersey passed away last night at the age of 52, the cause of death is unknown at this point. Tragic news, I used to be a big fan of those Portland teams back in the 80's and 90's, they were fun to watch, taken way too soon

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    He was just at an event Tuesday night in support of Black History Month. Barkley said this morning on Dan Patrick show that his Trailblazers teams were the best in history to never win a ring.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Barkley could be right. Kersey, Duckworth, Porter, Drexler, they had some real good teams back then.
  • srn828srn828 Member
    edited February 2015
    They also had a young man who lost his life during the prime of his career to a car accident. Drazen Petrovic whom I remember as a very young child in a great Yugoslavian team was the greatest shooter this game has ever seen for mine. Unfortunately, with a backcourt consisting of established stars such as Drexler, Porter, and Ainge, Petrovic got very little playing time, and undeservedly so, I daresay. Most will not remember him, or have even heard of him, but a basketball fan's time would be well spent watching videos of him on youtube. Drazen's death and that of Ayrton Senna are two tragic moments in my early childhood memory that very much linger. RIP Jerome Kersey...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I remember Petrovic, an incredible shooter, and I loved his enthusiasm on the court. ESPN did a 30 for 30 documentary about him and Vlade Divac that was very well done. Had he not died in that car accident, he would be remembered as one of the best shooters in NBA history.