Betting Talk

Lynch

Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
The guy was the best part of media week imo. LOL at the media getting all riled up because he won't help them do their jobs. I'd rather watch him defy the crowd of reporters than listen to anybody else giving boring, standard answers. I find the whole thing hilarious, couldn't care less if he talks to the media or not, and would love the guy on my team.

Figured this might spark some discussion around here.

:eating:

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    It's true to get all worked up is hilarious over this shit. The best part is they keep asking questions like maybe he'll say something different. Professional unprofessional who really cares. I love his new commercial . What this man does privately for people in need in and out of his community is what's really important. Fuck these reporters they make half the shit up anyway.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm no fan of these reporters either. They'll throw you under an Amtrack ina spit second. MLynch is not someone I'd sign longterm either. Why? The human body can take only so many shots. Lynch reminds me of ex-Cowboy Marion Barber. He'd take on the toughest LBs and never go outta bounds to avoid hits. See where that got him?
    The NFL has some leadership problems and Goodell like his dad ain't the solution.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    H, i agree wiyh u about media day and the idiot talking heads. 90% of the time we know the exact answer what is going to asked, some vanilla rehashed question which nobody cares about anyway. I wonder if he would answer if someone asked him how could xxxx better life in his community or something along that line. maybe he would step outside of his box if a reporter stepped out of theirs. as far as a player, i love the taent but hes a xxxx idiot. That crotch grabbing in Gb coulda cost them the game if the ref had given him 15 yds. other players have gotten 15 for less. Um not really a fan of players crossing the goal line with their backs to it either. Ml, u just prolly won the game, get in the ez and celebrate later. RB, great comparison to MB.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I also agree that the rebellious contrarianism that Lynch displays is somewhat entertaining, and I generally like to see the media shat upon. However, Lynch is paid millions of dollars, to be employed in the NFL and play a game he supposedly loves. Part of the contract to do so, is to be available to the media, and he accepts that condition as a condition of his employment. For the average, working stiff, fan, I can see where it would disturb them to see a guy make all that money, and still act like a dick or petulant child, when if they did the same thing, they would probably be summarily dismissed from their job. I mean, really, all he is doing is being an asshole.
  • paid03paid03 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Amen to everything in this thread. I only enjoy predictability in sports betting, not in entertainment. The clich?-fest that is media week (or any other athlete-media interaction) needed a kick in the mouth from a guy like Beast Mode.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    this is so fantastic

http://youtu.be/MNpkSyryQz4
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm more in the middle. I think he should use the time to promote some of his charities (he has many) as some people have already suggested. He does have responsibility that comes with being a star athlete but at the same time it's obvious that he absolutely abhors speaking and answering questions in front of the media (not necessarily the media themselves). So turn it into a positive rather than a spectacle.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Here's the thing all the Lynch defenders are missing. When he doesn't answer any questions from reporters, he's not hurting the reporters, they'll write their story anyway and there are plenty of other players for them to interview. The people who he's affecting are the fans, now I'm not a Marshawn Lynch fan or a Seahawk fan, so it makes no difference to me if he refuses to ever say anything, and if he did, I wouldn't care anyway. But think about the kid in Seattle who buys his jersey and his beast mode hat, doesn't that kid deserve to hear a few words from his hero? He wants his fans to spend good money on a ticket to watch him play and buy his merchandise, but God forbid he answer a handful of questions from a reporter. I mean who do you think the reporters are writing for anyway, the fans. So when he says he's" only here so he doesn't get fined", he's disrespecting the people who want to hear what he has to say, and those are his fans. I don't expect a lot from my favorite athletes, all I expect from them is to show up to work every day and play hard, and after the game spend a few minutes answering some questions about the game, considering how much money these guys make, I don't think it's asking too much for five lousy minutes after a game. I know media day during the SB is a clown show, but he's been doing this all season and to me he's disrespecting the fans who support him physically by going to the games and financially by buying his merchandise. I'm not saying he needs to hold a two hour presser every day, but five fucking minutes to answer a few questions doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Personally, I think the guy is a douchebag, between not answering any questions plus grabbing his dick every time he scores, what's with that anyway. It's about time the league puts a stop to his dick grabbing, and if he does it Sunday, it will result in a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, although knowing him, I'm sure he'll do it anyway
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    You make good points Kane. I kinda figure some people can't handle celebrity status and or prosperity. He fits into one of those categories.

The media? Frank Sinatra once labeled a certain group of them "whores". They haven't built any memorials for him 'down under'.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    the dick grabbing is embarrassing
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I really agree with Larry Foote's take on it. At the end of the day, if Lynch simply has issues with public speaking or the whole media thing just makes him completely uncomfortable, then I could understand him being guarded or seeming a little "off" to outsiders (sorta like Ricky Williams). But seems like he goes out of his way to try and challenge "authority". I didn't really know how to explain my feelings and if this is the worst that he does, then it's certainly not all that big of a deal. But Foote seemed to give the best take that I've read on the issue. And seeing that I've never walked in Lynch's shoes, maybe my take is completely wrong, who knows.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12272608/arizona-cardinals-linebacker-larry-foote-says-marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-sending-wrong-message-kids
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I have zero love for the media and even less for the NFL brass, but I will say this: It's part of his job to talk to the media and it's in his contract.

Reminds me of what Arnold Palmer told Curtis Strange a while back when Curtis was getting his start and he was complaining about all the fan attention and media coverage. He asked Arnold what he should do about all of that stuff. Arnold told him: "Well it's simple Curtis, don't take the money."