Betting Talk

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Cools wrote: »

To see Kooch and Mr top 10 open only as small favourites in match ups vs Woods this week tells me how out of touch the world really is with Tigers demise.
    edited January 2015
    2sportguy wrote: »
    To see Kooch and Mr top 10 open only as small favourites in match ups vs Woods this week tells me how out of touch the world really is with Tigers demise.

Im sure golfer can attest to this, but coming from someone who has played high level golf; to see a pro on any pro tour let alone the PGA tour hit 4-5 skulled or semi skulled chip shots from clean lies over 36 holes is in my opinion a major reason for panic.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I played professional golf for several years and agree, this is a very difficult problem to fix. It has ended many a career, don't think it will end Tiger, but it will be very interesting to watch over the next 2-3 months. Hard to believe it isn't a serious issue as he had 45 days since it first came up to fix and it got WORSE since last tourney.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Totally agree with the last 2 posts. Most alarming thing to me is he can't even hit a bump and run. Back foot trap shot with like a 58 degree or something. And he's not talking about "release patterns," well for that shot there is no release anyway. Should be a lot of shaft lean on that shot and no or certainly minimal release.
    edited January 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Totally agree with the last 2 posts. Most alarming thing to me is he can't even hit a bump and run. Back foot trap shot with like a 58 degree or something. And he's not talking about "release patterns," well for that shot there is no release anyway. Should be a lot of shaft lean on that shot and no or certainly minimal release.

I have never seen a great chipper who is mechanical, its all about feel and touch.......The mechanical guys always fall apart under pressure or when they have less than great lies.

Why at 39 Tiger wants to get so technical when describing his chipping and pitching is beyond my comprehension.
    edited January 2015
    Agree with that Sportguy, you would sure think he would have been able to work on his short game a lot earlier than his long game after injury and would be better with it, but that definitely is not the case.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    for one of the best short game players ever to be doing what hes doing is quite guttwrenching to watch and the obvious thing would be to just lower the angle by closing down a face or diff club period (7 iron, etc.) but he tried that and still failed. mental viscosity breakdown in full effect. sad to see IMO and again just hard to believe it with my eyes... atleast he was able to get a chuckle about how bad it really was. mentally the toughest around has turned into a mess... hope he turns it around and i'm sure he can rescue the short game but then other issues will arrive in his game. too little and no consistency doesn't fair well this day in age... hes officially outside the top 50 in the world now... can't feel good.
    edited January 2015
    No matter if you are one of the best ever, the lack of competition and having game under fire for so few times in the last few years will surely make for self doubts. And without getting back in the fire on a regular basis and building a routine like he once had, he will continue to struggle for the next couple months. It is not the same to practice and play with the buddies compared to the glowing eyes of media and public.
    edited January 2015
    I heard on Thursday before his round he only hit chips from the rough and bunker shots. He hit no chips from fairway cut of anything tight. And any good player here knows why.
    edited February 2015
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    I played professional golf for several years and agree, this is a very difficult problem to fix. It has ended many a career, don't think it will end Tiger, but it will be very interesting to watch over the next 2-3 months. Hard to believe it isn't a serious issue as he had 45 days since it first came up to fix and it got WORSE since last tourney.

What tours did you play? Where did you play in college? Nice to see some other golfers on here
    edited February 2015
    What tours did you play? Where did you play in college? Nice to see some other golfers on here

Cant speak for golfer but I played 6 Canadian Tour event in 2009 and 4 in 2010.
    edited February 2015
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Cant speak for golfer but I played 6 Canadian Tour event in 2009 and 4 in 2010.

Cool. You play in college?
    edited February 2015
    Played many mini-tours, few Ben Hogan tour (lol) web.com, in early 90's. ECU.
    edited February 2015
    Cool. You play in college?

No college.............Bit of a late bloomer, first time I broke 70 I was 20 years old.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2015
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    No fooling anyone this week, BookMaker opened Keegan -215 over Woods.
    edited February 2015
    TommyL wrote: »

I'm not still caddying. I actually quit in August of 2011, my last event was Reno. Interesting read though, thanks for sharing
    edited February 2015

Lay it.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I'm not still caddying. I actually quit in August of 2011, my last event was Reno. Interesting read though, thanks for sharing

It's a class action. You might not need to be depending on how the class is defined.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2015

pinny opened this at -170 this morning
    edited February 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    It's a class action. You might not need to be depending on how the class is defined.

Doubt I ever see any money from it, but it would be nice.:)
    edited February 2015
    But I do think they have a very good case.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I got Woodland over Woods at -140. Don't know what it opened at. Price long gone and then saw the -210 on Bradley/Woods. I would say that is probably worth it but i'll probably sit that one out. Look for round by round matches.
    edited February 2015
    whats current line for woods making the cut? i have to assume there is a prop out there for that without looking.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    -140. Westgate opened there, BookMaker will have it up tomorrow.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    You can look on bet fair. It is pretty much even money.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    He hasn't fixed his chipping yet.

<iframe src="
    width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>;
    edited February 2015
    keep your head down tiger...!
    edited February 2015
    He hasn't fixed his chipping yet.

<iframe src="
    width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>;

Solid! Good god has he lost it. "Release pattern" lol.
    edited February 2015
    Solid! Good god has he lost it. "Release pattern" lol.

Skulls a ball from the deep rough then WDs on the next hole.........Now thats progress.

LOL