Betting Talk

Super Bowl Dilemma

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
I am tied for the league in a straight up pickem league that includes the Superbowl.

1st Place is $4,000, 2nd is $2,500..tiebreaker is total points without going over then it goes to team total points..

I suggested me and the guy tie with me share picks..and I bet 1500 on his pick and vice versa...one of us wins the league other takes 2nd and wins bet.

Other option is we chop and each get $3250.

If he plays hardball(wanting to go for 4,000 or 2,500), and we pick the same team anyone have a good suggestion on a way to hedge the tiebreaker bet of total points..or do I have to wait until I see what total he posts?

Also...he has not replied to my team inquiry email(or chop email) that we sent on Monday.

Comments

• richhhhrichhhh Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    Would that not leave 1st winning a total of 2500$(4000-1500) and second winning a total of 4000(1500+2500) leaving you in exact same spot but paying the money to 2nd instead of first.
    Personally I think you win either way and just leave it at that and enjoy the game. But if you ask him for a chop and he declines you can easily hedge your bet to make sure you end up with closer to 3250$ then 4000/2500. You will just need his pick before or during the start of the game.

Good luck
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I was wondering if I was missing something(and I was)..thanks Rich.