edited December 2014
    Why do people bet over their means?

Why do people ask stupid questions?
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited December 2014
    great retort
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I didn't struggle, quite the contrary. Built a successful service for 5 years.

I hardly think 2 examples proves your point. although you could add Rudy and that NBA guy that went him (too old school?). Sent a text to big perm for that NBA dudes name. And while it is not always the case, much easier to separate fools from the funds than to actually be a talented, honest capper.

I do believe you are missin the overall theme: it is difficult to win over an extended period of time.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I didn't struggle, quite the contrary. Built a successful service for 5 years.

I hardly think 2 examples proves your point. although you could add Rudy and that NBA guy that went him (too old school?). Sent a text to big perm for that NBA dudes name. And while it is not always the case, much easier to separate fools from the funds than to actually be a talented, honest capper.

I do believe you are missin the overall theme: it is difficult to win over an extended period of time.

KeyElement, I believe
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    the answer to your conundrum is VARIANCE

the touts are not as bad as their current record & they are not as good as the small winning sample they promoted to get their tout service off the ground
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I am up 14.66 units since the inception of my service. If that's struggling, I hope that I struggle for a long time.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Why do people even bother giving up there time by answering the same questions just different wording over and over. They should buy some books or something so at least they can come up with some intelligent questions. I believe you feel if you pay someone for picks on sporting events that you should win and win right now and losing isn't an option.That schoolboy is as sad as it gets. Please Golfer Jr. enough with the same questions between you and golfer taking up more space and people who actually know what they're talking about and can actually help people understand more about sports waging won't get pushed to page 2 where most people don't go.

So get a prorated- refund (If Available) or wait till season end but stop the school girl bitching.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd rather find out why youve created at least threads about Dr H?
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I am up 14.66 units since the inception of my service. If that's struggling, I hope that I struggle for a long time.

I believe he was referring to your college basketball results this year...
    edited December 2014
    I believe he was referring to your college basketball results this year...

That would be more appropriate, but saying I've struggled since I started touting when I'm up almost 15 units since inception and lumping me in with a service that lost 60 units didn't feel fair to me at all.

Even if you just isolate CBB and take out my +45 unit baseball season, I'm up almost 50 units over the last 300+ picks, I'm down only 5 this year, and I'm beating the close by almost 2/game.

Am I frustrated? Yep. Do subs have a right to be frustrated? Sure. They paid for results and the results haven't been there thus far. Am I concerned going forward? Not a bit.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    speedboy wrote: »
    great retort

You have to have other motives. Dr H is up a ton between hoops and baseball over the last year and you are upset he is down 5 unit to start hoops season? Didn't he make 50 units last year after Jan 1? I don't expect that again but I do expect some really nice returns.

Here is a tip. Bet small enough that you don't have a crisis three times a week. And quit crying all the time.
  • paid03paid03 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Here is a tip. Bet small enough that you don't have a crisis three times a week. And quit crying all the time.

God bless them. Without guys playing beyond their means on a dream and serial parlay players it wouldn't be worth booking sports.
    edited December 2014

Attempting to phrase this query in the least offensive manor possible. When you state this, which sport(s) does that cover, and which tout service? Not starting shit here, but if you are going to post your performance, think you owe it to all BT members that you detail exactly which services and which sports. And that is based on the assumption that you only ran services under the 2 names that we are aware of. And again I state, no interest in arguments or attacks, if consider the truth to be inflammatory, so be it.
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    By no means anwsering for Dr H. But I think he means from creation of his service in the summer of this year which included half of the baseball season and up to ncaab this year. He posted here on BT half the baseball year and then went subscription based midway through the season. these units reflect the total since it went subscription based from last summer (mlb and ncaab). Only reason I am chiming in because I have paid attention to him for the ladder part of this year and finally decided to suscribe to his basketball service. I think what he is referring to is since inception of the service which is less than 6 months he is up that many units. As far as his BT record, that is something seperate, as far as I know he did quite well on that account as well.
  • Octan21Octan21 Member
    edited December 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    You have to have other motives. Dr H is up a ton between hoops and baseball over the last year and you are upset he is down 5 unit to start hoops season? Didn't he make 50 units last year after Jan 1? I don't expect that again but I do expect some really nice returns.

To quote the great Cutter: "Losers cry and Winners Win!"
    edited December 2014
    h82lose wrote: »
    By no means anwsering for Dr H. But I think he means from creation of his service in the summer of this year which included half of the baseball season and up to ncaab this year. He posted here on BT half the baseball year and then went subscription based midway through the season. these units reflect the total since it went subscription based from last summer (mlb and ncaab). Only reason I am chiming in because I have paid attention to him for the ladder part of this year and finally decided to suscribe to his basketball service. I think what he is referring to is since inception of the service which is less than 6 months he is up that many units. As far as his BT record, that is something seperate, as far as I know he did quite well on that account as well.

Feel free to chime away, healthy debate is always welcome. But at the root of this is an ethical debate. Are we going full caveat emptor here or does someone qouting their performance carry a responsibility to be fully transparent. I have 2 issues on this topic.

First, he operated tout services for other sports under a different name. If you want to quote records, quote them all, which leads to my second concern.

We are supposed to focus on a 3 month record? I think (I would hope with every fiber of my being) that every capper and poster on here, H included, would agree that sample size is way too small to draw any definitive conclusions.

GL if you do follow.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    The OP made us focus on his 3 month record by starting this asinine thread in the 1st place....
    edited December 2014
    We are supposed to focus on a 3 month record? I think (I would hope with every fiber of my being) that every capper and poster on here, H included, would agree that sample size is way too small to draw any definitive conclusions.

Yeah, 90+ units over 800+ plays is meaningless.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, 90+ units over 800+ plays is meaningless.

Out of pure curiosity, at what point do you believe a sample size to be large enough to consider it meaningful?

Obviously, the larger the better, and also clv should factor in somehow too. Thanks
    edited December 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Out of pure curiosity, at what point do you believe a sample size to be large enough to consider it meaningful?

Obviously, the larger the better, and also clv should factor in somehow too. Thanks

It's not that simple. Somebody hitting 57% convinces me they are a winner a lot faster than somebody at 54%, and like you said, the CLV plays a huge role as well. It's different in every scenario, I run some confidence tests on it, but nothing simple enough that I can say "Look for X and Y." Sorry that doesn't help more.
    edited December 2014
    It's not that simple. Somebody hitting 57% convinces me they are a winner a lot faster than somebody at 54%, and like you said, the CLV plays a huge role as well. It's different in every scenario, I run some confidence tests on it, but nothing simple enough that I can say "Look for X and Y." Sorry that doesn't help more.

I agree it not easy to pin point exactly what to look for. IMO 500 plays at 55% or higher and positive clv of .5 pts or more should be a very good sign that that person will win going forward. It also may depend on which sport too. It could defineslty pose a good topic of discussion.
    edited December 2014
    speedboy wrote: »
    why do they struggle , i.e., dr h and BG

34-20, +12 since this post. Thanks.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2014

curious what you're thanking him for or if you are just pumping your service's nads H? you shouldn't need to get in these small time pissing matches... keep up the quality work.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited December 2014

Appreciate your hard work H. Second-half plays always show to me a strong work ethic.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I really wish a book would offer insurance for OT. Bet the under, get the option for insurance...
    edited December 2014
    jm wrote: »
    I really wish a book would offer insurance for OT. Bet the under, get the option for insurance...

Let's be glad BYU/Mass didn't have a WA 2h total.
    edited December 2014
    jm wrote: »

Another fun day. If you find that OT insurance, let me know.
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited January 2015

okay
    edited January 2015

And I'm 23-33, -13.3 units since this post. I should have known better.
    edited January 2015
    Finally got a little OT luck.