Betting Talk

Iowa State Basketball

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited December 2014 in Sports Betting
Wanted to give you guys out in LV a heads up if the Iowa/Iowa State line has been posted to jump all over Iowa.

Late last night Iowa States best player this year so far was arrested for 3 different charges and is currently behind bars.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    While this is certainly good info, I'd be a little cautious about jumping on Iowa so quick. Quite often when a team is missing their best player someone else steps up, especially in the first game without their star, and the fact that they're playing a rival means the game will be more emotional than most. Cpech, you know your team and maybe this guy being out will affect them more than I'm thinking, but sports are funny, and you see it happen all the time, when a star is out the other guys rally and play well. Now I'm certainly not advocating a play on the Hawks, just giving you guys something to think about that's all. Thanks for posting Cpech, obviously we all have certain teams we follow in college and anytime someone posts info about their local team it's always appreciated.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    9 hours later all charges have been dropped.

Fred will talk to media at 1:15 central time. He was already on the hot seat with the program so I gotta think he may be suspended a game or two but that's just my opinion. Will find out more in a few hours and Kane I agree man but BDJ is a huge part of this teams success his absence will undoubtedly affect the line on this game.

I'm not even sure it was posted yet or not I'm just trying to help out-
    edited December 2014
    Looks likes Iowa opened as a 5.5 point favorite.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I have Iowa -2.5 with Jones playing

Iowa St. 74.13 Iowa 76.62 150.76 2.49 -2.49 12/12/2014 (Home)

without him playing I have Iowa -6. (based on evaluating his numbers with the team numbers I have him worth around 3.5 points)

-5.5 seems fair, as an opener, if he doesn't play IMO.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I have Iowa -2.5 with Jones playing

Iowa St. 74.13 Iowa 76.62 150.76 2.49 -2.49 12/12/2014 (Home)

without him playing I have Iowa -6. (based on evaluating his numbers with the team numbers I have him worth around 3.5 points)

-5.5 seems fair, as an opener, if he doesn't play IMO.

Hey Ebe, what would you make the line if NJIT played Incarnate Word
    edited December 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Hey Ebe, what would you make the line if NJIT played Incarnate Word

Pick em on a neutral floor. Both about +33.5 at Kentucky (my top team)

Location Predicted Line
    at Incarnate Word Incarnate Word 75.4 NJIT 71 -4.4
    Neutral NJIT 73.2 Incarnate Word 73.1 -0.1
    at NJIT NJIT 75.5 Incarnate Word 70.9 -4.6

Average Pace of Game 146.3
    Away Team Controls Pace 148.5
    Home Team Controls Pace 144.2
    edited December 2014
    Good Stuff!
    edited December 2014
    BDJ has officially been suspended and will not play tomorrow night. Media will find out shortly
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    Pick em on a neutral floor. Both about +33.5 at Kentucky (my top team)

Location Predicted Line
    at Incarnate Word Incarnate Word 75.4 NJIT 71 -4.4
    Neutral NJIT 73.2 Incarnate Word 73.1 -0.1
    at NJIT NJIT 75.5 Incarnate Word 70.9 -4.6

Average Pace of Game 146.3
    Away Team Controls Pace 148.5
    Home Team Controls Pace 144.2

Jesus Christ Ebe, I was only joking, I can't believe you actually have numbers on those teams, damn you're good
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    With ref to BDJ was a ball hog with the Rebs and caused dissention on the team, he wasn't welcome after fight with team mates so he might actually be addition by subtraction imo...hopefully the line moves higher on the news will look to grab as many points as possible
    edited December 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Ebe, I was only joking, I can't believe you actually have numbers on those teams, damn you're good

Hey they might hang a line on a game like that, or something similar, I gotta at least have some idea if there's some value...
  • retrieverretriever Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, one of opponent's top players out, losing at home by 15, and it wasn't that close. Hindsight is so tempting now--why in hell would Iowa be favored by 5.5? Interesting game coming up next week for hawks against UNI.
    edited December 2014
    Hawkeye Beatdown! Caught some action on ISU +200 here at the Belagio. Ebe, Reb and Kane spot on as usual!