Betting Talk

Bobbing and Weaving in the sports betting world...

TheDudeTheDude Senior Member
edited December 2014 in Sports Betting
Being in the trenches when you are desperate and hungry, leads to hard work.

Oscar De La Hoya was great in his day, when he was hungry. He was the king. So now where does the King go?

Now that he De La Hoya quit on his stool vs Paquaiao, he should have definitely called it a day.

He had nothing else to gain by fighting and just like the legendary Marvelous Marvin Hagler famously said, "It’s hard to get up and do roadwork at 6am, when you’re wearing silk pajamas".

Comments

• namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Wow a Dude sighting!! Where have you been the past couple years?

I certainly miss the golf picks, gambling insight and last but not least your humorous edge.

Hope all is well, don't be such a stranger.
  • TheDudeTheDude Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    YO Namathfan,

It is good to hear from you bud, glad to see some of the old guys are still around and thriving. Been a long time since we had lunch on the beach.

It has been a nightmare for us these last 18 months, when I put too much stock into the guy that had led me to the promise land. The best capper I have ever known completely fell off the end of the world and I had invested a higher % of my BR than I should have. In the end, I was left with not much more than my silk pajamas. It was a tough pill to swallow, and I have had to claw and scratch my way through the slums and the trenches to get back on my feet. Sometimes in this business, you can think that you have the nuts, but in reality you do not realize that you have lied to yourself and you have gotten lazy. After spending the last 12 months on the streets chasing coupons, it has inspired me to become hungry again. I gave my silk pajamas to the good will, and I now wake up at 4am ready for battle. It has been an amazing comeback, and I hope that all of you guys will never take for granted what you have when you are winning.

Best of Luck Namathfan and to all of you guys who are out there working hard as hell !

Cheers,

The Dude
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    welcome back look forward to your golf insider again!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like the Dude is back and better then ever. Keep it going and there's plenty of people here these days that should read your post and take it seriously. Good stuff and glad to see you made it back as if there was any doubt.
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I sleep in the raw and still can't hit the side of a barn.
  • TheDudeTheDude Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all the kind words.....Best of Luck Guys