Betting Talk

pelini gone...

2»

Comments

• mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    home sweet home for Bo... he made off with some good coin and should enjoy his trip back home to coach in all honesty.

Not sure how anyone could enjoy Youngstown!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2014
    The Nebraska football program will be a better place without Bo Pelini. Regardless of what happens on the field, Mike Riley will be a much better representative of the University. Based on everything that came out today, Pelini embarrassed himself on the way out the door, but he doesn't have enough self-awareness to see it.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Agree tommy. Guys a moron.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    TommyL, I won't dispute ur feelings on BP's parting tirade. However, IMO, NU will never be satisfied with a 'today's' head coach unless they cloned a DeVaney or wheeled in Dr. Tom for an encore.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    I made a comment in a previous thread that Pelini is loose cannon and is not a good role model for these young athletes. He graduated from the Bobby Knight school of morons..
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Let's face it, the NU program is confused. The university decision making is atrocious, lacking patience and cyclical reality. Imagine firing Frank Solich? He was a beloved former undersized 'Husker fullback with the heart of a lion. Come on, FS had to follow 2 tough acts(BD&TO) and was extremely successful. I think he finished #2 in the country at one time in his short tenure. Not good enough for AD Peterson. Shitcans Solich for an exiled NFL coach in BillCallahan. We all know how that went. Now they fire a successful coach in Pelini. Unfortunately, Bo got caught up in an era of modern technology. Now a day, if anyone farts on the sidelines you can bet a cellphone recorded it. Pelini's demeanor is prolly no different than the coaches in prior eras that lacked the sophisticated technology we have today. I'm sure Vince Lombardi never used any expletives. Yeah sure.
    Good luck Riley with the West Coast offense. "Dirty Harry" tried it and failed miserable. I must give Callahan some credit though. He had the nerve to kick a field goal versus Stoops? on the last play of the game while trailing by over 4TDs.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    i like the knowledge Ronbets. who knows what the huskers are in for... my hope is recruiting improves as its drastically needed...