Betting Talk

Rebs notes

TheRebTheReb Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
Will add comments for any plays here and welcome any civil discussion, adults only...thank you in advance.

Link to plays thread: http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/177814-Rebs-plays

Terps have one of the best players in the B10 this year in Dez Wells...he can take a game over when necessary...Jake Layman is a tough matchup...and expect Melo Trimble to fill it up for a frosh. What is overlooked with the Terps is their "D" imo and Fordham doesn't look to be much improved from a year ago....

Not expecting a letdown from Miami, rather confidence after storming back from 15 down to the Gators.

Hoosiers in Bloomington as a dog with SMU not at full strength, will take the slight puppy in what should be a lively atmosphere.

Some notes on the Rebs this year. After watching them in their first two games it is evident that they are severely reliant on Cody Doolin at the point and after him right now the drop off is huge. He was gassed at the end of both games and was evident via what is normally a 90% FT shooter going 2 for 7 at the end of the game...just had no legs left. The young Rebs are very talented and play together extremely well and so far unselfishly. Vaughn and McCaw will get their points and are pure shooters, Goodluck already has 13 blocks in his first two collegiate games, and Christian Wood can be a special player this year. The two teams they played were both returning four starters and had very successful seasons last year, so given the experience they were up against it was impressive that they were able to come from behind in both contests being down by 11 in the 2H. This weekend will be a huge step up in Brooklyn with Stanford on tap....fwiw I did play the dogs in both contests both taking the points and ML so ended up splitsville but happy the team came away with two W's.

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Off to a good start, Good luck this year Reb.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Off to a good start, Good luck this year Reb.

You know not to expect that kind of day all the time ....like they say, it's not how you start it's how you finish but I'll take the start anyway ;)

As far as today, I am a little surprised that the Friars are the dog here...true that they are going to find it a bit more difficult on the boards with the 'Noles interior but their depth and OE should negate that imo. Watched Sam Houston St. play live, feel they should overcome Fairfield's D will lay the small # here. GL today everyone!
    edited November 2014
    So my personal tickets played/posted are 12-1-1, which means I'm terrified going forward, especially because two of my bets are going against two very respected cappers....so tread carefully but here's my take on what I played today:

Lobo's are not expected to do well in the MWC this year, they lost a tremendous amount of firepower in Bairstow, Kirk, and Kendall Williams. Now to top that off Cullen Neal is injured and he was going to be counted on to pick up some of that load. That leaves basically Greenwood and Delaney for today's matchup against the Aggies who play a physical game. Add to that playing away from the Pit and I have to lay the points here imo.

The Irish and Friars have some scorers and have played teams that have been offensively challenged. These two historically have lit it up with the exception of the last contest. Playing back to back games I'm sure is why this is totaled where it is but I still see a 72-68 type of game.

Drexel looks like last years Cornell at this point so will take the improved version of the Big Red getting the points here until the Dragons can show they can take on the favorite role. GL today all!!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Great Job keep it going.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Great job, bro!
    edited November 2014
    Fresno has obviously missed the tenacity of Guerrero up to this point...having seen him last year (was an absolute thorn in the side of the Rebs like a little bug) they have been void of his leadership in the backcourt. The loss to NAU doesn't look as bad considering the Lumberjacks tough loss against Ole Miss but traveling to Fla to face a decent MVC team that can fill up the bucket lead me to lay the number I got. Balentine is not only a scorer but is unselfish as well....the Bulldogs will be a much better team when Guerrero comes back in time for conference play imo. GL today!
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    Fresno has obviously missed the tenacity of Guerrero up to this point...having seen him last year (was an absolute thorn in the side of the Rebs like a little bug) they have been void of his leadership in the backcourt. The loss to NAU doesn't look as bad considering the Lumberjacks tough loss against Ole Miss but traveling to Fla to face a decent MVC team that can fill up the bucket lead me to lay the number I got. Balentine is not only a scorer but is unselfish as well....the Bulldogs will be a much better team when Guerrero comes back in time for conference play imo. GL today!

I've also got Evansville-- I think they'll be improved this year, and, like you, I think Fresno's not the same without Guerrero. Saw it opened at 7 and headed up, so I layed 8.5-- and got the worst number, as it's now as low as 5.5. So somebody with money really likes the Bulldogs.

I would say good luck to us-- but, who needs luck when you've got skill? :D

(stop! To all you literal mined folks out there-- don't object. The last was me being facetious. Sardonic--- jocular--- tongue-in-cheek?? Understand now??)
    edited November 2014
    I've also got Evansville-- I think they'll be improved this year, and, like you, I think Fresno's not the same without Guerrero. Saw it opened at 7 and headed up, so I layed 8.5-- and got the worst number, as it's now as low as 5.5. So somebody with money really likes the Bulldogs.

I would say good luck to us-- but, who needs luck when you've got skill? :D

(stop! To all you literal mined folks out there-- don't object. The last was me being facetious. Sardonic--- jocular--- tongue-in-cheek?? Understand now??)

Not comfortable being on the other side of Tommy as well, # has been volatile to say the least as it just went back to 6' so could be a BW special lol
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Reb, as a side note, did you ever see a more blatant jobbing the UNLV football team got in Hawaii? A six or seven dropback 20 yard pass that took only 4 seconds?
    edited November 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Reb, as a side note, did you ever see a more blatant jobbing the UNLV football team got in Hawaii? A six or seven dropback 20 yard pass that took only 4 seconds?

No I didn't Ron see it but it wouldn't surprise me lol...I saw that they covered though, looking to possibly play the total in this weekends game for the cannon
    edited November 2014
    What an unnecessary sweat that turned out to be with Hawaii....from up 21 to one possession game with a minute to go, but got the cover which is all that counts. Moving on to the MD/IOWA ST game....line has trickled down from the opener, after a tough one yesterday for the Terps not sure if they're ready for Mr. Niang and company...Cyclones are a potential deep run March team and the Terps are stepping up quite a bit here from prior competition thus far.

As far as the Aztecs, they will be glad to see the perimeter shooting of BYU departed and a more physical Pitt team is more to their liking as far as style of play...this line has dropped as well so I'm biting it, similar situation to the game I just mentioned as far as a nice jump up in class for the Panthers compared to their previous contests to this point, not quite sure they'll be up for the Aztec D. GL today and get your turkeys before the rush tomorrow ;)
    edited November 2014
    I like this Butler team and had them ML yesterday along with the spread vs. Tarheels/Roy but coming off that huge win and facing a team that I bet to take it all in March (I know there is KY and then everyone else) but at 75:1 couldn't resist taking the Sooners/Kruger. Kruger has proven he is an excellent coach and gets 100% effort from his teams...he always overachieved when he was at the helm of the Rebs and now he has the talent to go with it imo.

Xavier will end up being ranked and is still under the radar imo as far as PR....true their dominating wins were all at home but this team has some weapons and plays well together. Murray St. should be it's usual decent team in the OVC and the Musketeers handled them easily along with a decent Long Beach St....the Toreros 3 wins at home were to far inferior teams to what they are about to encounter in Fullerton today...GL and Gobble Gobble!!
    edited November 2014
    What can I say, very chalky day in CBB for me today except I did take Stanford ML in CFB, believe their D will keep Hundley in check today and with Montgomery out for Stanford they will be counting on their D to keep them in it. Friday after TG, time to let the ladies go shopping and let the boys enjoy the games ;)
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    any thoughts on today.. been following ya and doin well
    edited November 2014
    barmoycm wrote: »
    any thoughts on today.. been following ya and doin well

Double header day for Rebs so going to both the bb game vs. Albany then the fb game for the cannon vs. UNR after (not expecting to keep the cannon after this game lol) so won't be doing much today so I can enjoy the games with friends and family...(so far my posted tickets are 32-10-1 from my personal tracking so hopefully you're not the only one that's been tailing), only play I made for today is the following fwiw:

Ticket#:137497704
    Nov 29 07:00 PM
    Nov 29 07:30 PM
    Nov 29 06:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Nov 29 01:57 PM
    CFB
    CBB
    CBB
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [352] DUKE -16½-120 (B+½)
    [1524] 1H WEST VIRGINIA -8-115
    [1542] 1H CREIGHTON -5½-105

Creighton and WVA can hit teams before they know the game started so like both for 1H, and Duke should be able to outscore Wake at home in FB, since I'll be at the game and I liked all 3 which will be playing simultaneously decided to take a small flyer on the parlay...GL today!
    edited November 2014
    What No Albany,UNLV action leaving me alone on that one.
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    What No Albany,UNLV action leaving me alone on that one.

LOL! Actually wanted to enjoy the game with ya so didn't want to sweat it especially with this young team that still has to gel...truth be told, Albany is a decent squad and Rebs haven't proven they can blow anyone out of the T&M yet this year so wouldn't lay that # vs. a squad that's been to the dance more recently then they have and didn't want to bet against them while I'm rooting for the kids :)
    edited November 2014
    Sorry I don't root I bet LOL

I'm not wearing Red and I could be sitting on my hands or not well see but one thing is for sure will have some fun.
    edited November 2014
    Sorry I don't root I bet LOL

I'm not wearing Red and I could be sitting on my hands or not well see but one thing is for sure will have some fun.

Agreed, you may not be wearing Red but damn if I don't get you to do the Rebel chop....btw, my son will probably be wearing his Wolfpack gear smack in the middle of the UNLV section at the FB game later so don't feel so bad ....I have to listen to the heat he'll get from all the neighbors sitting around us lol
    edited November 2014
    Short story, I bet the home team when I go to a game. Back in the late 60's I went to a Yankee game like always or a Met game a Knick game whom ever was in town but anyway they were playing Baltimore and I liked Baltimore so a make a nice bet on Baltimore so in the 2nd inning the Yankees scored something like 8 runs in the inning and the stadium was rocking stamping feet and everything you thought the place was coming down and there I was sitting on hands I had a nice bet on Baltimore and I swore that day I will never go to a game and bet against the Home team never and never have since. I may make a very small bet but never against the Home Team.
    edited November 2014
    Back in the glory (Tarkanian) days of the Rebels-- when I had season tickets-- I always made a small bet on the Rebs. That way it wasn't boring at the end, when they were up 20 but laying 24. And, you were rooting for the guys off the end of the bench to hit a couple.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Who was the chubby white guy that never missed a 3?
    edited November 2014
    Who was the chubby white guy that never missed a 3?

You thinking of their coach Dave Rice? He was a pretty good shooter.
    edited November 2014
    Great Time last night Reb and the bonus was Virginia holds Rutgers to 8 2nd half points and I cover the 18 and Duke gets there for your 3 team parlay.
    It just doesn't get any better.
    edited November 2014
    Great Time last night Reb and the bonus was Virginia holds Rutgers to 8 2nd half points and I cover the 18 and Duke gets there for your 3 team parlay.
    It just doesn't get any better.

It looks like it might get a little better with this 9:1 shot thanks to the Cardinal the other day and Jeff Fisher, still laughing about the shortcut we took to get to your car :)

Ticket#:137294796
    Nov 30 01:03 PM
    Nov 28 03:36 PM
    Nov 28 12:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Nov 28 11:30 AM
    NFL
    CFB
    CBB
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [464] ST. LOUIS -5½-130 (B+1)
    [337] STANFORD +225
    [746] KANSAS -8½-131 (B+1)
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    nice hit on the parlay yesterday that was nice. glad i asked ya what was up !
    edited November 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    It looks like it might get a little better with this 9:1 shot thanks to the Cardinal the other day and Jeff Fisher, still laughing about the shortcut we took to get to your car :)

Ticket#:137294796
    Nov 30 01:03 PM
    Nov 28 03:36 PM
    Nov 28 12:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Nov 28 11:30 AM
    NFL
    CFB
    CBB
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [464] ST. LOUIS -5½-130 (B+1)
    [337] STANFORD +225
    [746] KANSAS -8½-131 (B+1)

That shortcut will never happen again to funny. Keep it going. I had Under 95.5 team total on the Nets so I'm off to a good day everybody else could have this NFL it's become a joke to me. Good Luck Go Rebels :)
    edited December 2014
    B10/ACC....Littlejohn tough venue for a squad that is coming off a nightmare scoring effort (as expected vs. the Cavaliers)....Rutgers should show better vs. Tigers but unfortunately for them they get this tough road match up in a place they"re not familiar with...GL
    edited December 2014
    I've got Rutgers-- so one of us wins tonight
    champagne for me-- tap water for you. ;)
    edited December 2014
    I've got Rutgers-- so one of us wins tonight
    champagne for me-- tap water for you. ;)

Had to go with the bottled water...vegas tap water is lethal, should of went with you on Neb. laid off the game as it looked "too easy"....btw, where do you get Champagne in the high desert :)