Betting Talk

Rebs notes

Comments

• BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    Had to go with the bottled water...vegas tap water is lethal, should of went with you on Neb. laid off the game as it looked "too easy"....btw, where do you get Champagne in the high desert :)

I figured I'd be telling you how bad the Goldfield water tastes this morning. As far as champagne--- no chance here-- and the way my betting has gone the past couple of years-- I'm drinking recycled beer at present.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Temple has moved to -2, I would take up to -1.5 if it comes back in a bit or you can get that. As far as the MD/VA total I played it for 2 units fwiw. GL today!
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    with Wells out and the fact that maryland has played to much higher totals im worried oddsmakers predicting UVA controlling pace and getting UMD into a low 100s type game.. wish ya the best but Im gonna just watch this one should be a good game along with Wisky/DUke
    edited December 2014
    Early morning east coast wake up calls for Buffs vs. decent home home team in Ga. GL today while listening to all the BS about the Buckeyes getting in ahead of TCU & Baylor....going to be a lot of unhappy Texans today and that doesn't even include a possible SU loss for their NFL team
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Go Buckeyes!!!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Beautiful job
    See ya soon
    edited December 2014
    Beautiful job
    See ya soon

I only posted the 5 straight bets but this made the sweep that much sweeter ;)

<tbody>
    INTERNET/-1
    Ticket # 138433286
    12/7/2014 12:00:00 PM
    12/7/2014 2:00:00 PM
    12/7/2014 3:10:00 PM

CBB
    CBB
    CBB
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [1818] 1H GEORGIA -2½-105
    [1822] 1H DEPAUL -3½-110
    [1828] 1H NORTH CAROLINA -13½-110

WIN
    WIN
    WIN

12/7/2014 10:21:54 AM

</tbody>
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2014
    Nice, Keep it going. It doesn't get any sweeter then that.
    edited December 2014
    I'm drinking the tap water this morning on that Colo/Georgia game. Good picking.
    edited December 2014
    I only posted the 5 straight bets but this made the sweep that much sweeter ;)

<tbody>
    INTERNET/-1
    Ticket # 138433286
    12/7/2014 12:00:00 PM
    12/7/2014 2:00:00 PM
    12/7/2014 3:10:00 PM

CBB
    CBB
    CBB
    PARLAY (3 TEAMS)
    [1818] 1H GEORGIA -2½-105
    [1822] 1H DEPAUL -3½-110
    [1828] 1H NORTH CAROLINA -13½-110

WIN
    WIN
    WIN

12/7/2014 10:21:54 AM

</tbody>

post that shit too ill rip it with ya every time .. seen ya hit several now
    edited December 2014
    Two teams that have messed with me so far Rutgers and Clemson, but today I fight back! Really tough to get a grip on them, had Clemson when they lost outright at home to Rutgers and then they (Clemson) show up against a scrappy Arkansas squad that briefly sniffed a top 25 ranking....then I thought Rutgers had a legitimate shot at least covering vs. in state rival SH only to lay an egg....so being the glutton for punishment that I am...put 2 units on the Scarlet Knights for both 1H and game tonight. New Hampshire is a whopping 5-2 but that comes against competition that is a whopping 5-22 and to top it off one of their losses was against a 1-5 Bryant squad so my PR for them is not very high and with them on the road smell a 15 pt. differential....after the pummeling that Rutgers took would think they are a bit sour and come out with good energy tonight. GL today all !!
    edited December 2014
    Where u been buddy
    edited December 2014
    barmoycm wrote: »
    Where u been buddy

Family in town, should get back to routine Wed. :)
    edited December 2014
    Family in town, should get back to routine Wed. :)

Miss you lol
    edited December 2014
    Miss you lol

Me too. Was hoping for your opinion on Rebel game this evening. I'm thinking Utah by 14.
    edited December 2014
    Miss you lol

lol, thought I was going to be back in the swing of things a couple of days ago but got caught up catching up...I fully agreed with Tommy's strong opinion and played Penn St. today and got unlucky with the push so to speak (bought down to 5 right before tip off) with that last second meaningless jumper...one of the reasons I do like first halves is generally it's less aggravating then getting back doored with the foul fests at the end whether sides or totals for that matter. As for others today I did lose with Louisville 1h so be happy I didn't post this mornings tip-offs lol...as far as this afternoon I only played Marist which I will post in the picks section once I'm done responding to you and BTD ;)
    edited December 2014
    Me too. Was hoping for your opinion on Rebel game this evening. I'm thinking Utah by 14.

So here's my thoughts on this one, I have not been playing the Rebs (much at all) yet either for or against and here is why...after watching them since the season began it is evident they have some talented players albeit very young and prone to mistakes and lapses (perfect example was the 15pt. lead they jumped out to on the road vs. AZ ST. only to come out in the 2H and act like deer in the headlights) I am leaning toward them getting another lesson from a strong team and this not being any signature win...I have a gut feeling they will show up and compete with AZ at the Mack on Tues. after this evening...if they lose by double digits tonight it might set up a decent line for that game. Cody has carried quite a load up to this point and was the sole reason they got the W on wed. so tonights match up with Delon Wright and the Austrian kid in the middle looks to me like he'll have his work cut out for him again and pretty sure he won't be the hero again. With the Utes playing their bowl game in town (currently leading Col. St. @ the H) the MGM might end up like more of a home game for Utah then the Rebs...speaking of the MGM, leaning Kruger over Romar on the neutral hardwood btw.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/dec/20/rebels-know-what-their-against-balanced-14th-ranke/

As for my Marist play, not in the camp that St. Joe's is ready to be almost DD favorite on the road...let alone win against the hungry for a victory home team so sprinkled a little ML for some flavor
    edited December 2014
    Going the opposite direction of those sharper than I, but I like the freshman of Fordham who kept it tight in the 1H vs. the Johnnies at the Garden before collapsing in the 2H...and I'm guessing someone put out the ovr on the Buckeyes game but I'll go with history in this series and look at it somewhere around 75-55, GL and have a great holiday week everyone!!
    edited January 2015
    Conference season ;) Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays....lets kick some ass this year!! Have Bulldogs rated 3 higher than Razorbacks (much tougher pre conf sched.) so will take the home team @ -3.5, 'Nova has held over Johnnies and don't see anything much different this go around GL!!
    edited January 2015
    Terps today will be my biggest play of the CBB season to date (rare 4 units for me), you can't underestimate how big a loss Rice is to the Illini in this game IMO. This MD team is legit with a great mix of leadership (Layman & Wells) and talented youth (Trimble, Dodd, etc.) and has proven to be a tough out when on the road ie., wins vs. Sparty and OK St. along with a neutral court win vs. Cyclones. The entire Ill. offense has gone through Rice and without him and his leadership this line is too cheap to pass up for a Terps squad that can achieve history today with the most wins to start a season in school history...FYI this could be considered a homer play as I am a Terp alum lol...still early and a long way to go but right now they are one of the premier teams in the B10 in their inaugural season...GL
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Reb - are you keeping a tally of your result... just wondering how your season has gone.
    edited January 2015
    Reb - are you keeping a tally of your result... just wondering how your season has gone.

JMU my personal season has gone fine so far, in keeping with my original post I decided to not keep a record but rather post what I play at the numbers I played them at and therefore, in keeping with the guidelines have not kept a running record on BT. I never have nor ever plan to go the tout route so this is purely a hobby for lack of a better term, sometimes profitable sometimes not. As far as someone else if they have kept track please feel free to chime in as it should be net positive up to this point (due to the fact that I have collected more times than not from my local) hope that helps ;)
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    LMAO

Tout

Paid 2500 for stock and bb picks

Just kidding!
    edited January 2015
    Needless to say, yesterday was painful...the obvious line movement going the other way and with all the love shown for MD in hindsight was very foretelling and then to top it off, go to see the Rebs lose outright to mediocre rival Reno squad which torched the Rebs on the offensive glass was the icing on the cake for a forgettable day. So that being said, bounce back Thurs. with LSU...and the Spartans....as an FYI I also took the Spartans ML +135 parlayed with LSU ML -135. GL
    edited January 2015
    Very winnable conference road game for the Rebs IMO....line got a little richer so went for another unit both spread and ML...the loss at home to UNR was a wake up call to the freshman about taking non favored conference teams lightly, they are in at least a split mentality with this road trip and given that the Aztecs are up next know they have their best shot in Boise tonight (personally think they can grab both but that's the homer side coming out). I don't see them looking ahead after taking that home loss vs. Reno and they definitely have the Bronco's out talented especially with Drmic out who was their most consistent offense next to Marks. This Rebel team while young has a chemistry that I have not seen in recent years, Rice has let the me only guys transfer (ie., BDJ to Iowa St.) and it is starting to pay off...Christian Wood could have had a field day vs. San Jose St. instead he looked to get all the team involved and only attempted one FG which he hit, pulled down 12 boards and consistently made great passes. Last year he would have bombed away, his maturity in one year is huge and you can see how much the game has slowed down for him. Good opportunity tonight IMO. GL
    edited January 2015
    Looking at your post in the Betting Forum, I get the feeling you like the Rebels tonight a little bit. ;) I'd be all over them also if it wasn't for their Jekyll & Hyde nature. I've got them winning by about 16.
    edited January 2015
    Looking at your post in the Betting Forum, I get the feeling you like the Rebels tonight a little bit. ;) I'd be all over them also if it wasn't for their Jekyll & Hyde nature. I've got them winning by about 16.

To be expected in the first third of the season with their youth and never having played together before, but I can see each game they are learning just a little bit more of what it takes at this level compared to what they came from...the schedule they have played is about to start paying some dividends or so I'm betting as such, the slow start to conference is giving us a great number in this particular situation...they won't stop Marks but if they can contain him somewhat, they should be able to notch their first conference road win....they were a play away from stealing one in Laramie from a much better team and that was sandwiched between the AZ. and KS. games. Btw, solid CBB season for you, keep it going Dogs!!
    edited January 2015
    Rebels still look to be very much work in progress. Too much standing around on offense while 1 guy dribbles and jukes. End of regulation was ridiculous-- don't run a play, don't pass the ball, just dribble and then chunk up 3 pointer from half-way back to Nevada. They didn't deserve to win, but was nevertheless a bad beat-- once again overtime is where dogs crawl off to die.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    You know Reb I was really frustrated when Vaughn decided to go to UNLV and not ISU. Watching him play there's no doubt he has talent but its his attitude and court presents that really makes me glad that he chose to go elsewhere. He seems selfish and plays like a cry baby. For example the last 5 min of reg time last night and OT there were multiple times the camera showed him and he was rolling his eyes and pouting when he didn't get the ball or things weren't going their way.

This is a young team I know but with the talent on this roster I think Dave Rice should be on the hot seat. He is doing next to nothing with some great talent. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. The being young excuse has to wear off at some point right? We're halfway through the season and it looks like NIT for these guys at best. Unless a tourny champ of course.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    You know Reb I was really frustrated when Vaughn decided to go to UNLV and not ISU. Watching him play there's no doubt he has talent but its his attitude and court presents that really makes me glad that he chose to go elsewhere. He seems selfish and plays like a cry baby. For example the last 5 min of reg time last night and OT there were multiple times the camera showed him and he was rolling his eyes and pouting when he didn't get the ball or things weren't going their way.

This is a young team I know but with the talent on this roster I think Dave Rice should be on the hot seat. He is doing next to nothing with some great talent. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. The being young excuse has to wear off at some point right? We're halfway through the season and it looks like NIT for these guys at best. Unless a tourny champ of course.

Good observation here cpech. I think Reb is closer to the situation than myself, but IMO Dave Rice still has some rope left.