Betting Talk

TommyL's College Hoops Discussion

13»

Comments

• Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    when clay McKnight was an asst at uc riverside I think it was 2009 I asked him if he thought his team who was like 2-25 that yr could beat his dad team at mater dei who had 5 d1 kids on it. he thoguth uc riverside would be -2 neutral site. that mater dei team lost a week later to riverside king who had kawahi leonard and tony snell
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    boy what a ugly game , pace was slow but when you shoot 36% efg which was by far the worst of the year , your not going to win many games , wish org st got to the line more though.
    good call
    luck going forward
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2015
    jets96 wrote: »
    boy what a ugly game , pace was slow but when you shoot 36% efg which was by far the worst of the year , your not going to win many games , wish org st got to the line more though.
    good call
    luck going forward

Oregon State still had a lot better offensive night than Drexel. :)

I feel bad for Damion Lee for what this season has turned into. He put up an eFG of 54% last night, rest of the team was under 20%. He's playing 40 minutes a night pretty much while trying to carry that team as he comes back from an ACL injury. And he's got no one else around him that can hit an outside shot. Gonna be a long couple of months.
    edited January 2015
    Gotta love whoever is writing the headlines at ESPN.com today...

Russell leads Buckeyes to upset of No. 23 IU

Ohio State was a 9 point favorite.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Gotta love whoever is writing the headlines at ESPN.com today...

Russell leads Buckeyes to upset of No. 23 IU

Ohio State was a 9 point favorite.

That's the trouble with the "press" nowadays-- most of them know nothing about what they're covering other than bullshit from the coaches and the rest of the "press"--- and they're all trying to cover 53 sports at once.
    edited March 2015
    I'll get this thread going again as we head into my favorite time of year...

It's not often when you're handicapping a hoops game on March 5th that you find two teams that haven't won a game away from home in 2015. But we've got just that in the Missouri St-Southern Illinois game. Missouri State won on the road (against Southern Illinois ) on New year's Eve, but that was back in the days of Marcus Marshall. The Salukis last win away from Carbondale was on December 3rd. I guess someone will have to figure out a way to win this one.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    I'll get this thread going again as we head into my favorite time of year...

It's not often when you're handicapping a hoops game on March 5th that you find two teams that haven't won a game away from home in 2015. But we've got just that in the Missouri St-Southern Illinois game. Missouri State won on the road (against Southern Illinois ) on New year's Eve, but that was back in the days of Marcus Marshall. The Salukis last win away from Carbondale was on December 3rd. I guess someone will have to figure out a way to win this one.

1st scoreless tie in basketball history?
    edited March 2015
    Memo to whoever the TV Producer is for the Arch Madness...There is a reason that seats at mid-court cost a whole lot more $ than seats in the corners of an arena. It's because it's a lot better view to watch basketball. No idea why you feel the need to use a ridiculous camera angle about once every 5-10 possessions over the last 36 hours.
    edited March 2015
    I'd love to see American pull this one out and draw Virginia in the 1st round. It could be the 1st sub-40 possession game in the shot clock era. (ok, maybe I'm the only one that would enjoy it)
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Friday games I see 4 teams that will be playing a 3rd game in 3 days - Penn St - Middle tenn St - auburn and South Carolina - Do the tv folks make to much of this ?
    edited March 2015
    rcmoney wrote: »
    Friday games I see 4 teams that will be playing a 3rd game in 3 days - Penn St - Middle tenn St - auburn and South Carolina - Do the tv folks make to much of this ?

If anything, I think it's overblown. I'm sure it has some impact of course in certain situations (especially if a team is thin or the coach is also working them really hard in practice). These are still 18-22 year old college kids that condition year-round, plus a lot of these lower seeded teams are playing for so much that they find a second wind when they need it. I just think back to teams like that Syracuse squad in 2009 or 2010 that went 6 OTs and then came back the following night with their 3rd game in 3 nights and beat a good West Virginia team in OT. Or whatever SEC team it was a few years ago that had to play 2 games in the same day and held up. Or even just the teams that have run off 4 games in 4 days. I'm sure there are plenty of examples the other way too that will show teams that ran out of gas, but I personally don't make too much of it as there are some benefits to playing 3 days in a row (since you're winning, you've got momentum and want to keep it going).