Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2014
    capthook wrote: »
    Plays start tomorrow, right? I went to dashboard and hit "Turn on all plays", I'm all set right? The text warning should come through 5min prior and then the actual plays?

Yes, plays will start around 10am PST on Friday. Warnings will be 3-5 minutes before any release. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be all set after hitting turn on all plays. For any other specific questions with dashboard, please e-mail admin@raspicks.com.
    edited November 2014
    Cools wrote: »
    So just to be clear, once I receive a text with a play, one credit is used? And is there no way of knowing if a 1.5- or 2-unit play is on the card that day? For instance, if I only opt for totals and there is a 2-unit side play I won't know about it until after the fact?

It would also help to know how many planned plays there are for one day. I know this could fluctuate but having an approximation of how many would be helpful. Let's say Joe Bettor, who isn't good at bankroll management, has $2K in his account that day. If he knows there are going to be four plays then he can risk $500 on each. But if there are just two he might want to gamble and throw $1K on each. He may think there are only two, decide to put $1K on each, and then he misses out on the third and fourth plays (which of course were winners).

It would be helpful if subscribers could get a information email each day with this type of stuff outlined.

Yes any play received (regardless of unit rating) is charged 1 credit.

Typically we wouldn't know exact number of scheduled/planned plays until shortly before release, and that would be conveyed in the release warning.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Yes any play received (regardless of unit rating) is charged 1 credit.

Typically we wouldn't know exact number of scheduled/planned plays until shortly before release, and that would be conveyed in the release warning.

If I only opt in for totals, will I get release warnings for sides, but won't get the actual release? So if a 2-unit side play pops up I can quickly get on the computer and opt in for it? I think I know where this is going but just want to get it clarified. I'm guessing the short answer is: If you opt in for everything, you get all the plays. If not, you don't.
    edited November 2014
    If I only opt in for totals, will I get release warnings for sides, but won't get the actual release? So if a 2-unit side play pops up I can quickly get on the computer and opt in for it? I think I know where this is going but just want to get it clarified. I'm guessing the short answer is: If you opt in for everything, you get all the plays. If not, you don't.

Actually, initially you will get all warnings, regardless if you are opted in for the play or not. That will change so that you only get warnings for plays you are opted in for. What we could do is eventually send higher unit warnings to everyone to give them a chance to opt-in before play goes out.
    edited November 2014
    That would be fantastic, thanks Ed. My humble opinion is that it would be ideal to get warnings for all plays throughout the season, regardless of what plays you have opted in for.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Purchased

How do I customize?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    My humble opinion is that it would be ideal to get warnings for all plays throughout the season, regardless of what plays you have opted in for.

Fwiw, I disagree and think that kind of defeats the purpose. Let's say you aren't interested in 2H's. If you've opted out of them there's no reason to be receiving texts throughout the night. JMHO.
  • crashcrash Member
    edited November 2014
    BTW, I only joined because of this change to the service. I've never subscribed to a service in my life (because I think I'm the greatest, doesn't everybody?) but I AM smart enough to know that I'm no better than second best to Ed. Because of my obsessive/compulsive nature though (a gambler is compulsive? Really?), the old method would be very disruptive to my private life as I would drop everything to keep hitting refresh and checking my phone to make sure that I don't miss the opening number. For instance, I'm out of pocket this weekend so I opted out for those two days. Simply a great idea.
    edited November 2014
    Purchased

How do I customize?
    Received during night
    edited November 2014
    What books have totals up?
    All of mine do not!
    edited November 2014
    What books have totals up?
    All of mine do not!

Check the live odds link at the top of the site.
    edited November 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Fwiw, I disagree and think that kind of defeats the purpose. Let's say you aren't interested in 2H's. If you've opted out of them there's no reason to be receiving texts throughout the night. JMHO.

Goats disagreeing with me...stop the press.

How many unwanted texts/emails do we get daily? I'm guessing for the majority of us, a lot. What's a few more.

Here's my reasoning on the matter. Joe Bettor has dinner plans on Saturday night so he turns off all plays. Dinner plans cancel, Joe Bettor and the Mrs. settle for a stay-at-home movie night. Joe Bettor forgot to turn plays back on, but he could make them while watching the chick flick. The first warning comes and reminds Joe Bettor to turn the plays back on. He spends more credits, RAS makes more money.
    edited November 2014

How many unwanted texts/emails do we get daily? I'm guessing for the majority of us, a lot. What's a few more.

I personally don't get many (texts that is, get plenty of e-mails), but I don't doubt I'm in the minority. I have no issue with our differing opinions here.
    edited November 2014
    Info only

Missed line by 1 1/2 immediately
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Got the number at one spot, missed by a point on one, and 1 1/2 points at 3rd spot. Need more games to see how it will work but I generally like to be on the phone with an operator seconds before a release. Without a countdown, I suppose I might have to call in and make small talk for several minutes like asking the operator about their families, the weather, etc.
    edited November 2014
    Vast majority of feedback so far has been positive, but hard to tell with just one play.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    looks solid to me

props to you for working to find ways to improve things for your customers
    edited November 2014
    Text came well before email, which is fine. BookMaker adjusted half point the wrong way, went to XXX, but I had to lay -128.
    edited November 2014
    Text came well before email, which is fine. BookMaker adjusted half point the wrong way, went to XXX, but I had to lay -128.

Gmail and text seemed to be almost perfectly synced. Other e-mail providers may be a bit slower. Movement on that total definitely seemed slower than a typical CFB total release (still fast though, obviously).
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    $25/Totals play. $500 limits or less on totals.

Value?
  • jkirchjkirch Junior Member
    edited November 2014
    I was able to get down on both numbers. New system working great for me so far. great job guys!
    edited November 2014
    Any feedback from Saturday releases?
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    work good:thumbup2:
  • jkirchjkirch Junior Member
    edited November 2014
    I was able to grab both numbers.
    edited November 2014
    A little slow on the draw today and total moved a half point, had to lay -121.

Email and text came simultaneously today (I do have Gmail).
    edited November 2014
    Loving the limited volume of plays BTW. My 20-month-old son, who is usually pulling at my knees when the plays come, does too ;)
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited November 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Any feedback from Saturday releases?

Sides moved pretty slow, totals moved quicker but still slow compared to the release page with the countdown.

Will 2nd half plays have a 3-5 minute release warning too, or will they just come?
    edited November 2014
    capthook wrote: »
    Sides moved pretty slow, totals moved quicker but still slow compared to the release page with the countdown.

Will 2nd half plays have a 3-5 minute release warning too, or will they just come?

No warnings on 2h plays, just not enough time with the short window.
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    can you release the football the same way ?
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I've had about an extra 15-25 seconds on release which has really made a difference. Just wanted to give you that feedback.