Betting Talk

Changes to 2014 RAS CBB Service

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    2sportguy wrote: »
    I love that argument......How bout this ....... next time you buy something........and you are not happy; go voice your displeasure about the product or service you bought and see how much you enjoy being told " no one forced you to buy it ".

Exactly!
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    its not like you're buying a washing machine that you can pretty much gaurantee performance and if fails you get a warranty. like i said, man up. seriously golfer, how much did you suck ed off forever and how much money he made you over the years and now he lost you some money and its all fucking bullshit. did you give ed a 15% gratuity tips all of those years?? you guys baffle me...
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Newcombe, are you part of ed's service or you can't say ? Ty
    edited January 2015
    lol. yes i'm mr RAS himself under cover joey. surprise.
    edited January 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    its not like you're buying a washing machine that you can pretty much gaurantee performance and if fails you get a warranty. like i said, man up. seriously golfer, how much did you suck ed off forever and how much money he made you over the years and now he lost you some money and its all fucking bullshit. did you give ed a 15% gratuity tips all of those years?? you guys baffle me...

You are clearly not a subscriber and have never been one. I'll never deny that Ed made me tons of money. I think what he has done over the years is fucking remarkable and this year doesn't change my opinion of that very much, if any. With that being said, it takes a lot of time, stress, and money etc.. to be a subscriber. I am getting married in 6 months and I live with my fianc? and eventually me refreshing my phone every 3 seconds is going to put a strain on our relationship. I can't get through a night of sweating games without turning on my mophie charger. But what's sports guy said is correct, for what it costs to be a member of this service then clients need to be looked after in rare situations like this. It's not every year something like this happens, (maybe once a decade) and Ed needs to look after the people that have been so loyal to him all this time. Hell I bought 1500$ worth of credits this year and played for a little while, but my life isn't what it was in my single days when I didn't have anyone else to lookafter and all the spare time I use to have. Anyways, hope it turns around for the guys still playing
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Lol, I figured you had to be one of the 10 or 15 in the crew. How bout we call you Mr. Lemon
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    And its not like the service is 300 bux or 500 bux.......I mean hell, Lange at SM is killing college totals this year..........I think he is like 500 bux for the entire season.......Geez , I mean if you charge more and present yourself as a pro service for pro players and an abortion like this occurs?.........Obviously customers will be upset.........Why is this so hard for some to understand ?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Let's face it, the majority of RAS subs are NOT pros. They have jobs or whatever that requires much of their time. They can't aways get release #s. Many say, "I bought the game and fck it. I'l lay the point the worst of it." Couple that with a bad run by RAS, his negative 15units are pale in comparison to the rec group that gets "Polish Middled".
    I'd suggest every RAS push or half pt win entitles the sub to a free credit. I'm a former sub that can't get down what I need at proper #s.
    edited January 2015
    DrH is better moving forward IMO. Much more volume, and WAY more affordable. Lines will move but you can get down easier.
    edited January 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Let's face it, the majority of RAS subs are NOT pros. They have jobs or whatever that requires much of their time. They can't aways get release #s. Many say, "I bought the game and fck it. I'l lay the point the worst of it." Couple that with a bad run by RAS, his negative 15units are pale in comparison to the rec group that gets "Polish Middled".
    I'd suggest every RAS push or half pt win entitles the sub to a free credit. I'm a former sub that can't get down what I need at proper #s.

Most subs are 0-3 tonight as his only winner was by a 1/2 pt.
    edited January 2015
    im curious golfer if you think the good doctor's sub prices will remain the same? my guess is if he is perceived +EV going forward then those prices will see a generous boost.
    edited January 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    im curious golfer if you think the good doctor's sub prices will remain the same? my guess is if he is perceived +EV going forward then those prices will see a generous boost.

I can't speak for drH, I have no idea if he will bump his prices or not.

It's not that I don't think Ed isn't necessarily worth what he charges, it's more about what his clients can realistically get down on his games. Even if a service was worthy of charging 8-10k for a year, the provider needs to look at how unrealistic that is for subscribers cause not very many will be able to get down what they need to justify the cost. So it's not that I don't think people might be worth that, it's more about what is realistic to subscribers should dictate more of the pricing vs what the provider may actually be worth.

I hope Drh keeps his pricing about the same, I think he will do quite well if he does.
    edited January 2015
    well said sir.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Most subs are 0-3 tonight as his only winner was by a 1/2 pt.

The convincing manner in which he losses totals is alarming.
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited January 2015

It's not that I don't think Ed isn't necessarily worth what he charges, it's more about what his clients can realistically get down on his games. Even if a service was worthy of charging 8-10k for a year, the provider needs to look at how unrealistic that is for subscribers cause not very many will be able to get down what they need to justify the cost. So it's not that I don't think people might be worth that, it's more about what is realistic to subscribers should dictate more of the pricing vs what the provider may actually be worth.

I hope Drh keeps his pricing about the same, I think he will do quite well if he does.

pay to much for the service bet to much on the game service go bad people go broke that why some people go crazy golfer are you one of them jk lol.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Ed - I for one would certainly appreciate if every once in a while you provided some thoughts on the games or how things are going and why you remain positive on the season. You have a great forum (pun intended) to communicate and provide some color over the results as opposed to discussing the credit system. I remember around this time last year when you were talking about a 1.5 unit loss and how the leading scorer was injured during the game and it had an impact on the result.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I have always respected StevieY cause he participates on the forum more than any other tout. Appreciate the time Y. Interesting stuff you posted!

His NHL plays are the only thing keeping my bankroll afloat
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I say we need a 2-unit play to turn the mojo around ;)
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Cools wrote: »
    I say we need a 2-unit play to turn the mojo around ;)

Any bet is a 2 unit bet if you feel like being a degen.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    BG is posting for free, believe he is 9-3 with 1 pending at the moment.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    BG is posting for free, believe he is 9-3 with 1 pending at the moment.

Lol, you nailed it Coops. I've been saying this for 6 months now about him and a few others. Guys that have that kind of $ invested in whats been a crap service so far this year both with cfb and cbb don't want to hear it.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    jm wrote: »
    Ed - I for one would certainly appreciate if every once in a while you provided some thoughts on the games or how things are going and why you remain positive on the season. You have a great forum (pun intended) to communicate and provide some color over the results as opposed to discussing the credit system. I remember around this time last year when you were talking about a 1.5 unit loss and how the leading scorer was injured during the game and it had an impact on the result.

People have been asking him to do that quite some time now and if I remember right he's said he would try to do a better job. It never happens and all you'll hear is that he's too busy. Just not too busy to chime in and justify his new credit system.
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited January 2015

dr. H is still down for the year
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited January 2015
    I'm a first year subscriber. I had heard nothing but good things about this service. I guess my biggest question would be, WHY? I just don't see it. I mean, I'm paying top dollar for these picks and they just suck from start to finish. I'm pretty sure I can go 2-11 on my own, I don't need the help of a service to do it. I'm just very confused, I see the long term record, I understand the markets are constantly changing and very hard to beat, but I don't understand how someone can have an edge when they're losing like this. Or at least not a huge edge, smaller edges are going to produce higher variance and swings, so clearly if there is an edge now it is very small, and yet the service is still very expensive.

Oh and by the way, someone needs to tell RAS he needs to add a ANOTHER lower bar to his graph for this year. -20.00 units doesn't go down far enough anymore.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    DrH is better moving forward IMO. Much more volume, and WAY more affordable. Lines will move but you can get down easier.

Lol. You realize he's down 15 units on wa stuff too? I'm sure RAS could pad his record and crush 2h totals no one could possibly bet.
    edited January 2015
    capthook wrote: »
    I'm a first year subscriber. I had heard nothing but good things about this service. I guess my biggest question would be, WHY? I just don't see it. I mean, I'm paying top dollar for these picks and they just suck from start to finish. I'm pretty sure I can go 2-11 on my own, I don't need the help of a service to do it. I'm just very confused, I see the long term record, I understand the markets are constantly changing and very hard to beat, but I don't understand how someone can have an edge when they're losing like this. Or at least not a huge edge, smaller edges are going to produce higher variance and swings, so clearly if there is an edge now it is very small, and yet the service is still very expensive.

Oh and by the way, someone needs to tell RAS he needs to add a ANOTHER lower bar to his graph for this year. -20.00 units doesn't go down far enough anymore.

If all your plays are 55-57% you should lose 20units a couple times a year.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    durito wrote: »
    Lol. You realize he's down 15 units on wa stuff too? I'm sure RAS could pad his record and crush 2h totals no one could possibly bet.

I recently surveyed my subscribers and the response to 2h plays was overwhelmingly positive.
    edited January 2015
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I recently surveyed my subscribers and the response to 2h plays was overwhelmingly positive.

It surprises me they can get the same line. I'm on about half of your plays ytd, and im taking out most lines within 1 second of being posted.

But really golfer says he cant' be bothered to sweat ras every night, but instead he'd rather sit in front of the computer refreshing vigoursly waiting for 2h plays.
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    No, not really. Two reasons, first, the bigger your win, the more likely your line was way off too(flukey win vs flukey loss). Line is -5, you think it should be -9, your team wins by 30, good win but the game was either in the outside ranges of results or your line was pretty much as bad as the books.

I think this is fundamentally wrong. A team winning by 40 when favoured by book by 18 (see Warriors vs 76ers) is a matter of variance and luck than book having its line set wrong. Books are trying to get even action on both sides, that's their main goal if they succeed in it, the line was set right even if final score is off 20 points. If their handicapping tells them the line should be -16 and there is a perception of public heavy team (see Warriors) they shade line by two points and get their even action. If they set the line Warriors by 40, they would get one sided action that would move line down to 25 and managers would be sweating all night for Warriors to win by 40 in an isolated luck driven affair.
    This applies for every single game, if the action is even, the line is set right whatever the final score is.
    edited January 2015
    durito wrote: »
    It surprises me they can get the same line. I'm on about half of your plays ytd, and im taking out most lines within 1 second of being posted.

But really golfer says he cant' be bothered to sweat ras every night, but instead he'd rather sit in front of the computer refreshing vigoursly waiting for 2h plays.

I wasn't necessarily referring to myself, I was referencing what id recommend to anyone who asks me. Their edges are similar, and when you factor in cost of service, more volume, and overall effiency of the service, it makes drH a no brainer to me. What little edge ras may have over drh, these other factors make up for it, and more.