Betting Talk

NBA Discussion, Latest News and Player Updates '14/ '15

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Miami- Udonis Haslem (quad) doubtful, Danny Granger (hamstring) doubtful, Birdman (ribs) out
    Golden St- David Lee (hamstring) ?
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    For tomm so far I like Charlotte +4 and under 207 GS/Port and probably the under in Miami/Toronto pending what # comes out
    underwraps wrote: »
    miami/ toronto under 198.5 is a play

Newc did you hit those up? I went 2 out of 3 not bad.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Houston- Dwight Howard (knee) probable, Patrick Beverly (hamstring) out
    OKC- Reggie Jackson (ankle) probable
    Brooklyn- Brook Lopez (foot) Probable
    Memphis- Courtney Lee (concussion) doubtful
    Denver- Ty Lawson (hamstring) probable
    LA Clippers- Jamal Crawford (ribs) doubtful
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Dwight Howard (knee) and Patrick Beverley (hamstring) both went through shootaround on Monday, but each remains questionable to play.
    It's a great sign that both guys made it through shootaround, and Howard said the swelling has gone down in his left knee. Still, owners will have to check back for an update on both as it's not certain that either will be able to give it a go, and the Rockets may err on the side of caution this early in the season. If Howard doesn't suit up, Terrence Jones should be in for a monster game while Isaiah Canaan would start at point guard in place of Beverley. Howard's backup, Tarik Black, will not play on Monday. Nov. 3 - 12:15 pm et
    Source: Jonathan Feigen on Twitter

Obi
    Would be great for your first half Philly Bet if they sit
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Line is shooting up, looks like Howard is starting
    edited November 2014
    Here's what pisses me off last night with N.Orleans Ryan Anderson who's a career 12 points a game avg comes off the bench and shots 2-14 and 0-7 from 3 in 27 minutes of playing time and A.Davis takes 12 shots and makes 6. I understand the mentality of a shooter but they have Holiday,Gordon and Evans. Granted the whole team didn't shoot well and I tip my hat to the Memphis defense but come on anyone of those guys CAN go 0-15 and I would understand but to see this guy take that many shots.
    edited November 2014
    Lets add to the pissed off night when the Kings go to Denver and go to the FT Line 47 times. I know Denver isn't playing well but who goes to the line 47 times on the road.
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Lets add to the pissed off night when the Kings go to Denver and go to the FT Line 47 times. I know Denver isn't playing well but who goes to the line 47 times on the road.

yeah that was shady stuff I couldn't believe it myself
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    anyone like to bet into BetOnline openers? the limits don't effect me and BO's openers tend to be pretty soft.

i just took Grizz +3, Pistons -1.5, Kings pk, Warriors -2.5
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    OT, obviously he didn't show it last night, but Ryan Anderson is actually a very good three point shooter, it seems like he just had "one of those nights". Also you're right about a shooter's mentality, if a shooter misses nine in a row, he's sure the tenth will go in, that's just how these guys think. God, I love Anthony Davis. If I had to pick one player to start a franchise with right now, I'd take Lebron, but a close second would be Davis, he's already good, but when he puts it all together he's going to be a monster, a dominant force on both ends for years to come.
    edited November 2014
    jz wrote: »
    anyone like to bet into BetOnline openers? the limits don't effect me and BO's openers tend to be pretty soft.

i just took Grizz +3, Pistons -1.5, Kings pk, Warriors -2.5

Just hit them on a few, but my limit is 250 and I can't re-bet until the red dot disappears.
    Grizz over 193.5
    Grizz + 3
    Atlanta Un 202.5
    Atlanta +9.5
    Knicks ov 192
    Pistons -1.5
    Minny +6
    Toronto Un 202
    Boston +1
    edited November 2014
    JZ ... I like denver in that re-match vs kings but I think Denver can get a couple here so I'm waiting
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    OT, obviously he didn't show it last night, but Ryan Anderson is actually a very good three point shooter, it seems like he just had "one of those nights". Also you're right about a shooter's mentality, if a shooter misses nine in a row, he's sure the tenth will go in, that's just how these guys think. God, I love Anthony Davis. If I had to pick one player to start a franchise with right now, I'd take Lebron, but a close second would be Davis, he's already good, but when he puts it all together he's going to be a monster, a dominant force on both ends for years to come.

I'm sure he's a good shooter but his career avg is 12 a game and he's first off the bench but when there not falling you shouldn't be taking more shots then your starters.
    edited November 2014

I'm sure he's a good shooter but his career avg is 12 a game and he's first off the bench but when there not falling you shouldn't be taking more shots then your starters.
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    Just hit them on a few, but my limit is 250 and I can't re-bet until the red dot disappears.
    Grizz over 193.5
    Grizz + 3
    Atlanta Un 202.5
    Atlanta +9.5
    Knicks ov 192
    Pistons -1.5
    Minny +6
    Toronto Un 202
    Boston +1

I was looking at Atlanta +9.5 and Minny +6 as well. My strategy betting into BO openers is not so much capping the matchup but more so betting numbers trying to get ahead of the market. I often risk 2x and buy back some the next day.

I was on the Nuggets last night and was really unimpressed. Lawson didn't look 100% but the day off should help him. Nuggets don't have their rotations figured out yet and i don't really know what their identity is at this point. I think Malone is the better coach which is a factor in a quick rematch like this, imo.
    edited November 2014
    I was looking at Atlanta +9.5 and Minny +6 as well. My strategy betting into BO openers is not so much capping the matchup but more so betting numbers trying to get ahead of the market. I often risk 2x and buy back some the next day.

I was on the Nuggets last night and was really unimpressed. Lawson didn't look 100% but the day off should help him. Nuggets don't have their rotations figured out yet and i don't really know what their identity is at this point. I think Malone is the better coach which is a factor in a quick rematch like this, imo.

Same strategy here and once limits go up and some #s remain the same I hit it again, and buy some back. It all depends on different factors.
    I know their identity.. their all a bunch of crooks :) J/K
    edited November 2014
    JZ.. did you see the moves
    detroit -3.5
    minny + 5
    atlanta +8.5
    grizz +1
    totals about split with some fakes possibly for later set ups...
    And theres the move on Kings to - 2 Just like I thought. I really like denver here +2 Just hit it for 250 LOL
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    JZ.. did you see the moves
    detroit -3.5
    minny + 5
    atlanta +8.5
    grizz +1
    totals about split with some fakes possibly for later set ups...
    And theres the move on Kings to - 2 Just like I thought. I really like denver here +2 Just hit it for 250 LOL

Yessir and I added Minny +6 and Atlanta +9.5 after your post (i don't do totals). Slammed with work rest of the day but I'll check back after i look more into the matchups
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Toronto- Amir Johnson (ankle) out
    Houston- Patrick Beverly (hamstring) probable
    Miami- Birdman (ribs) out, Udonis Haslem (quad) out
    Chicago- D Rose (ankle) probable, Joakim Noah (illness) doubtful, Jimmy Butler (thumb) probable, Taj Gibson (ankle) probable
    Charlotte- Michael Kidd- Gilchrest (chest) out
    Portland- Damian Lillard (abdominal) probable
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Update: Chicago- D Rose is OUT
    edited November 2014
    JZ.. look at this one I put in yesterday..game isn't over yet, so my question is 207.5 close at pinny and bookmaker close 209.5 is bookmaker painting the tape on this one/

282069776 - 1 Nov 03, 2014 03:06 PM Total $275.00 $250.00
    Basketball - 713 Cleveland Cavaliers/Portland Trail Blazers over 200½ -110 for Game
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    The Toronto Raptors play the Celtics in Boston tonight. This is Toronto's fourth game in five nights
    edited November 2014
    Here's something you don't see often Miami and Charlotte are playing there 4 in 5 nights and are playing each other.
    Also Phoenix playing a Back to Back off an Over-Time against a good ball club. Conley is Probable for Memphis tonight for whatever that means in the NBA
  • jzjz Member
    edited November 2014
    BO openers: Mavs +3, Spurs +4...i believe Mavs and Spurs are both the better team(and Cris/Pinny should agree), however, the lines are suggesting Mavs/Blazers and Spurs/Rockets are basically even (Rockets get an extra point b/c SAS is on a b2b)
    edited November 2014
    BO openers: Mavs +3, Spurs +4...i believe Mavs and Spurs are both the better team(and Cris/Pinny should agree), however, the lines are suggesting Mavs/Blazers and Spurs/Rockets are basically even (Rockets get an extra point b/c SAS is on a b2b)

Just hit those also. I had clev over 200.5 last night. closes at 207.5.. I was grinning after first Q 60 something points only to lose :yelling:
    JZ.. did u do any buybacks from yesterday? I had a chance to re-play Boston at +1.5 currently - 1
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Here's something you don't see often Miami and Charlotte are playing there 4 in 5 nights and are playing each other.
    Also Phoenix playing a Back to Back off an Over-Time against a good ball club. Conley is Probable for Memphis tonight for whatever that means in the NBA

I knew all about the Heat's four in five and was about to post it, then when I was capping the games, I realized Charlotte was in the same situation, so I figured they offset each other and didn't bother to post, I should have, that's my bad. This is still good information, looking at Wade for example, four in five figures to affect him more than most players for obvious reasons, so even though both teams are in the same spot, it's still good info to have. I'm not playing the game, but I'll be interested to see which team is affected more, and I'll be especially watching Wade throughout the game to see how he responds, last year he wouldn't even be dressed. Good catch OT
    edited November 2014
    More re-plays
    toronto/Bost under 205 at bol all places at 204.5 now
    Knicks/Pistons over 186.5
    Nets/ minny under 208.5 first play now
    edited November 2014
    I knew all about the Heat's four in five and was about to post it, then when I was capping the games, I realized Charlotte was in the same situation, so I figured they offset each other and didn't bother to post, I should have, that's my bad. This is still good information, looking at Wade for example, four in five figures to affect him more than most players for obvious reasons, so even though both teams are in the same spot, it's still good info to have. I'm not playing the game, but I'll be interested to see which team is affected more, and I'll be especially watching Wade throughout the game to see how he responds, last year he wouldn't even be dressed. Good catch OT

yes good catch guys. Total.number opened at 192 and my # was 191 didn't play it Total now at 189
    edited November 2014
    Played Cleveland -5 and instead of the side in the Phoenix game played the Under 194.5 been looking at the Under every day in the Memphis games Full and at half time. Also Like Orlando over Miami for the reasons kane mentioned. It's more a play against Miami then Orlando but really didn't like the -2.5. It may turn out that i should have shown a little more discipline and passed.
    edited November 2014
    Hey wraps I see u played Denver +4 and I can't understand why the Kings are getting so much Love. I understand they're playing well and Denver isn't but anything else going on in your opinion.
    I almost played it last night at +2.5 but thought i'd wait and glad I did if I decide to play it.