Betting Talk

Bumgarner...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
is he really that effective and in a zone that may trump any pitcher in the history of the WS or any short period of time in mlb history or is KC that ineffective as batters against him. you think after seeing him this much that you could pick up something but man this looks like he is pitching to high school kids the last 3 games hes hit the mound. incredible...

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    not sure I can remember such a worthy WS mvp. hats off...
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    68 pitches in 5 innings 2 hits 4 K's on 2 days just Awesome!!!
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    He's filthy, that 3/4 slingy release is tough to pick up. His stuff isn't much different than Kershaw and he definitely can lock in when needed. Some guys think the moment needs to be overblown and they fall apart while others(like him) realize it is the same game now as it is in April, just keep doing what you do.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    This is from a St Louis fan he sure in the hell made the Cards look like shit also. You have to tip your hat to the guy it was fun to watch.
    edited October 2014
    really was incredible to watch OT. pure and utter control.
    edited October 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    Some guys think the moment needs to be overblown and they fall apart while others(like him) realize it is the same game now as it is in April, just keep doing what you do.

this is spot on. even the interview afterwards he was as calm as can be. not many can control themselves in that manner.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    one of the greatest post season, if not the greatest ever. Cudos to Boche not over managing and taking him out after 8. seriously. 2 days rest and untouchable for 5 innings...
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    one of the greatest post season, if not the greatest ever. Cudos to Boche not over managing and taking him out after 8. seriously.

There is no doubt in my mind that Matheny would have pulled him.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Newc, all the credit goes to Bum. What we just witnessed may never happen again, to throw that many pitches two days after throwing almost 120 pitches is nothing short of remarkable. To me the most amazing thing was how he was able to maintain his control, wherever Posey put his glove, Bum hit the spot, a pitcher who is fatigued won't have the kind of control Bum had last night, just an amazing effort. I know a lot of you guys are familiar with Greg, and he once told me that for as good of a pitcher Bum is, he's even a nicer guy, very humble, nothing flashy, what you see is what you get. I don't recall one time all playoffs where he seemed flustered or upset over a call, just kept the same expression on the mound, he always looks like he's just playing catch in his backyard. I mean even after the game, he's just acting like a guy who did his job, no big deal. You get the feeling if there was one more game tonight, he would be good for a couple innings. I still can't believe what I saw last night.
    edited October 2014
    well said Kane. the guy is pure class as far as I can see on the mound and otherwise.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    You guys think it will have a long term negative impact on his arm? I just keep thinking about how the brewers rode CC as long as they could and they never looked back