Betting Talk

Network Review Advisors

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
Contrary to Mike Periera who calls it as he sees it, Mike Carey is full of shit. He's a houseman that is 'wishy washy". As fans/gamblers reviewed the Luck safety, he is telling us that Luck released the ball from endzone. Is is talking to Stevie Wonder?

Comments

• MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    As far as talent to pay ratio, sports announcers have it made. Many are clueless. Few have the balzzz ( prolly corectly cause i would wanna keep my job too) to be objective..Its harder to listen to when u are at semi sharp cause break even sports bettors know 10x more about whats going on than these MO-RONS. if u are really sharp i have no idea how u can watch sports w the volume on.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised no major media outlet has made a big deal over the bullshit at the end of regulation in the Penn St/Ohio St game. Earlier this year, the SEC admitted to making a mistake re-starting the clock after an Alabama penalty late in the game that allowed Bama to run out the clock without running a play. Penn St driving late 4th qtr down 3, complete a pass and OSU called for roughing the passer. After they set the ball and the chains, they started the clock. Franklin runs down to the linesman on his side of the field(more on him later), screaming, probably because they started the clock. The linesman blows his whistle and says timeout Penn St. Franklin immediately starts screaming he didn't call timeout. He calls for the head ref to come over and while he was trying to tell him he didnt call timeout, the linesman kept saying "he did call timeout" like a little kid not letting Franklin talk. That was Penn St's last timeout. They did tie the game up, but no one has mentioned that the clock shouldn't have re-started. Late game, winning team commits penalty, clock does not re-start. Penn St would have kept their timeout and the time on the clock, and may have been able to score a TD.

Now back to the ref that was on Pen St side of the field at that time. He blew a spot by almost two yards that was reviewed and changed on the same drive. He got the call right in the clock should keep running because the ball carrier was knocked backward out of bounds, but he marked him where he went out of bounds and not where he was hit. It was so bad, it looked intentional. Hey, review did work for that play, it was MIA earlier in the game, and blew a spot earlier that gave OSU a first down that was obviously short on 3rd down. Spotting the ball now is worse than ever and amazingly with all the technology, apparently can't be improved, but there is missing a spot by a foot and missing a spot by 2 yards. I read that a ref in the game told a Penn St player that they were lucky they were even playing. Not sure if it was the same ref or one who missed the obvious delay of game on an OSU FG, or the missed false start on another 3rd down but conspiracy theorist(not one of them) could have a field day with that game and the impending OSU/MSU matchup to keep the big 10 playoff hopes alive.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2014
    The PSU game was as poorly officiated of a game as I've ever seen. In addition to everything Stevie mentioned, they also charged Urban with a timeout that he didn't call, and had to be coached by the PSU kicker at the start of overtime as to which team had the ball and which way they were going. On the blown spot with 1:03 left, they didn't realize that they'd have to add time back to the clock due to the first down (clock was at :48), and when they did, they just arbitrarily added 10 seconds back instead of getting it correct.

The story with the official telling a PSU player that we're "lucky to even be playing" goes back a few seasons, but it happened with John O'Neils crew (the crew that worked Saturday night), so a lot of PSU fans think that at least one member of the crew has issues with us. To me, it's about poor officiating and not any type of conspiracy. Though I still don't understand the issue with the video feed on the interception review. The video board in the stadium showed the ball hitting the ground pretty clearly, but somehow the booth couldn't get a clear angle?
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    The video board in the stadium showed the ball hitting the ground pretty clearly, but somehow the booth couldn't get a clear angle?

Honestly, I think a lot of the review guys lack the gonads to overturn a pivotal call... they always seem to stick with the call on the field. It's the safe route for them. The phrase "why the fuck do they even have replay" comes out of my mouth way too often. It's ridiculous how often they blow the review.

Then, you have a case in the Nevada/Hawaii game where the ball is tipped and a lineman comes down with it in the end zone for a fat guy touchdown, only to be overturned. It was probably 3 am east coast, so maybe I was half asleep, but there didn't seem to be any strong evidence proving it was incomplete.

Even when you, the announcers, and fans clearly see it one way, it's never a for sure thing. You just never know what these replay clowns are going to pull.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    How 'bout the inept official in the TB/MN game? In OT, TB fumbles and MN runs it it. OK they reviewed the play as a legitimate fumble game over. NO ....the head official insisted that MN kick the extra point. After a 5 minute delay, someone got it through his confused head that no extra point is necessary. Game Over.