Betting Talk

LSU/OLD MISS

Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
I haven't been around much today ( except to see those fucking Eagles).
Any thoughts on the Old Miss coach going to try a 43 yd. FG but passing it
up after the 5 yard penalty. The kid had a long of 46, so I thought it was an odd call.

Comments

• jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Seemed like he rolled Wallace out to either throw about a 5-7 yard sideline pass, to get the kicker closer, or just throw the ball away if there was nothing there. Didn't think he planned on Wallace throwing the ball up for grabs. Still kind of a head shaker. A turnover, a completed pass short of the first down marker ends the game, plus you could always have a penalty on that play as well, which could set you back even further.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    The mistake was not sending his FG unit on the field immediately. For whatever reason, the offense stayed on the field for a while, then they came running off and the kicker came in, as soon as I saw how much time they wasted by keeping the offense on the field, I was thinking they'll never get the kick off in time, then the play call at the end was terrible. You can't send your QB back in and tell him if the reciever isn't open, throw it away, these are college kids and Freeze put Wallace in a situation to fail. If he sends his kicking team into the game right away, they get the kick off in plenty of time, whether the kick is good or not is another story, but that loss is on the coach.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    kane wrote: »
    The mistake was not sending his FG unit on the field immediately. For whatever reason, the offense stayed on the field for a while, then they came running off and the kicker came in, as soon as I saw how much time they wasted by keeping the offense on the field, I was thinking they'll never get the kick off in time, then the play call at the end was terrible. You can't send your QB back in and tell him if the reciever isn't open, throw it away, these are college kids and Freeze put Wallace in a situation to fail. If he sends his kicking team into the game right away, they get the kick off in plenty of time, whether the kick is good or not is another story, but that loss is on the coach.

agree with this. if i recall, Freeze didn't send the FG unit out until only 18 seconds were on the play clock. not sure what he was thinking.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    kane wrote: »

Yes it was. they had the camera angle across the field so you could see his offense and him on the sidelines. The play clock is ticking and he is just standing there. Play clock was down to 19 before you see him say "field goal". Too late dumbass. At that point, he should have taken a snap and spiked it to reset the play clock.

Karma's a bitch. Twice this year, Mississippi scored late TD's with comfortable leads and Freeze is on the sidelines saying "no no no" and apologizes for it after the game. If you weren't trying to score, just down it. If you were trying to score, don't be a phony bitch and apologize for it after the game(yeah, I'm bitter holding Memphis +20 and watching him do it in the last minute of a 14 pt game). Was nice watching him say "no no no " on the sidelines this time as his dumbass QB, who spent the night talking more to the fans behind the bench than anyone else, throws the game away. How that throw was ever an option in his head is baffling, but fitting.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    hornsfan wrote: »
    agree with this. if i recall, Freeze didn't send the FG unit out until only 18 seconds were on the play clock. not sure what he was thinking.

He stood on the sideline unsure of what to do, I guess we can say he "froze'' up in that spot. Ba-dum ching