Betting Talk

What happened to the QB sneak

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
At least in every game I watch it could 3rd or 4th down with inches to go and the QB is in the shotgun. I don't get it. Your giving the ball to a running back 4 yards from where you need to get the first down or TD. Philly deserves to lose this game.

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    Kelly's Oregon teams struggled on the goal line as well(they just weren't there much as they were usually scoring from farther out). Most full spread teams do. They just won't adjust. If you want to stay in the gun, try a little pistol in your offense, you can add a true FB to your package when needed and run downhill.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Brady does it all the time.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    and indeed those fuckers did lose.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    Kelly's Oregon teams struggled on the goal line as well(they just weren't there much as they were usually scoring from farther out). Most full spread teams do. They just won't adjust. If you want to stay in the gun, try a little pistol in your offense, you can add a true FB to your package when needed and run downhill.
    I understand what your saying about Kelly and about other teams not adjusting but how hard is it to take a snap under center even if you want the other team to think your sneaking and hand it off to your back. Also not to mention the last Philly drive of the first half it was like he was afraid to use his time outs and try to score. IMO the play calling was terrible on that drive.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I understand what your saying about Kelly and about other teams not adjusting but how hard is it to take a snap under center even if you want the other team to think your sneaking and hand it off to your back. Also not to mention the last Philly drive of the first half it was like he was afraid to use his time outs and try to score. IMO the play calling was terrible on that drive.

It's an epidemic now. Bad play calling and everyone wanting to be a hero instead of doing their job. Let's jump a 5 yd route and give up an 80 yd TD pass in the last 2 minutes.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Brady does it all the time.

and usually does it on a quick count, d line not set, and gets 4 or 5 yards straight ahead.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    It would be a penalty on the defense as you can not touch the qb. Come on man. JK. Agree with ya.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Sean Peyton must be a member here at BT