Betting Talk

Joe Maddon

kanekane Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
It's being reported he's opting out of his contract with the Rays. If I was Don Mattingly, I would put my house up for sale right now.

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Say Bye Bye Don. Still has two years so he won't leave without being paid. IMO this will be his last managerial job also.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Love to the see the Cubs get Maddon.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    WynnBig wrote: »
    Love to the see the Cubs get Maddon.

I heard an interview with Tim Kurkjian earlier today, a caller asked him about Maddon to the Dodgers, and Kurkjian said the people he's spoken to have said the Cubs are the leading candidate to land him.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Mets.. mets Mets mets!

Take a year off, manage the mets in 2016, great young pitching, big city, pls do it for me Joe!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Say Bye Bye Don. Still has two years so he won't leave without being paid. IMO this will be his last managerial job also.

Agree. Torre meant well backdooring this guy in, but not managerial material. He'll eventually be out of LA and will end up a lifer 3rd or 1st base coach. The only way he'd land another skipper job would be a mid season interim as a result of a firing.

Maddon? Bet he feels good getting outta that city. Bowels of the south.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    People are saying Cubs and they're doing a nice job there but the Dodgers can win now . It will be interesting and he'll do well wherever he goes but to pass the Dodgers to play in a stadium that's ready to fall down . It will be interesting.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    You knew Maddon's time was up in that sweatbox city. He publicly lambasted the Ray fans for cheering harder for Jeter than his own team late in the season.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Jon Heyman is reporting Maddon to the Cubs.The last thing I needed was that guy managing in my division, between him and Theo, the Cubs future is looking bright
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm pretty sure Wrigley Field won't be falling down after $550 million in repairs....Dodger Stadium is the overrated piece of crap.

For Cub fans insert old school sound of coins dropping into your slot machine jackpot after he signs.