Betting Talk

Hoops Cappers

kd19kd19 Junior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Who are the recommended services for hoops out there? Thanks!

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Ras and Dr H . Make sure you have a good totals out for Dr H as I think it's all totals. And procap too, and I believe his is totals only also. You will have much less stress getting drh and procap when it comes to release lines I believe. Nothing is more difficult than getting an ras release
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    kd19 wrote: »

Those that really move the line in the NBA don't have services as far as I'm concerned.
    For CBB check RAS, Stevie Y, Procap and Dr. H.
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys.

Why ProCap? He's only got 1 year of documented records. Doesn't seem like much of a sample size. Not to mention during the fall he's capping 3 sports at once... No one can cap 3 sports successfully at once in today's market, IMO.

Seems the same thing with Dr. H... only 1 year of picks documented.
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    Those that really move the line in the NBA don't have services as far as I'm concerned.
    For CBB check RAS, Stevie Y, Procap and Dr. H.

Thanks. Wasn't asking who moves the lines though. NBA is much easier to bet since the market is bigger and the lines move less.

I'm asking if there are any services out there with decent and transparent track records?

I've seen SweetJones55 posting some picks on here for free... anyone have any long term experience with him? Site says he lost last year.

I know NBA Guru used to post on here and it seems he's done alright. Anyone with any experience with him?

Seems like Stevie Y has a more lengthy track record, but also looks like he hasn't had a good season in any sport in at least a year. Again, seems aggressive to be trying to cap 2,3,4 sports at a time.

Thanks!
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    No one can cap 3 sports successfully at once in today's market, IMO.

lol, why not?
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    durito wrote: »
    lol, why not?

People have been saying that for the last decade. Still waiting to see proof.

Isn't this about the same time every year that someone comes on asking this question, has nothing good to say about anyone on here, and mentions sweetjones and/or nba guru?
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys.

Why ProCap? He's only got 1 year of documented records. Doesn't seem like much of a sample size. Not to mention during the fall he's capping 3 sports at once... No one can cap 3 sports successfully at once in today's market, IMO.

Seems the same thing with Dr. H... only 1 year of picks documented.

Not to speak for ProCap, but his CFB service isn't starting till Jan 1. So it's only 2 sports
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    i'm not doing a NBA service, but gun to my head, i'd follow ER from sportsmemo
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    People have been saying that for the last decade. Still waiting to see proof.

Isn't this about the same time every year that someone comes on asking this question, has nothing good to say about anyone on here, and mentions sweetjones and/or nba guru?

Lol, don't get too defensive. :sad:
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks. I'm not familiar with ProCap or Dr. H... just curious what you like about them.

Thanks!
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    jm wrote: »
    i'm not doing a NBA service, but gun to my head, i'd follow ER from sportsmemo

Thanks, I'll check him out.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    Lol, don't get too defensive. :sad:

Not at all, just the same stuff, different year.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Stevie, RAS, and H are all a must follow in college hoops if you have the bankroll and outs to properly utilize their services. If they decide to post any plays, durito and jakenhl are also both real solid, especially for 1h/2h bets.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Pardon my ignorance is Dr H the same as DR Bob ?

I cant find a service website for this " Dr H " anywhere.
  • kd19kd19 Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »

I found it by googling Dr. H sports picks
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    I'll consider posting haralabob this year. He doesn't start till a couple weeks into the season.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I found it by googling Dr. H sports picks

Hey Jeff, you should give this guy a free subscription, look at all the free pub this generated
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Got it thanks.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I'll consider posting haralabob this year. He doesn't start till a couple weeks into the season.

I'd like to get his plays, but I doubt any of his numbers would still be available when you post them
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited October 2014

The Pinny steam is the only pick service worth following. And it's free.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    kane wrote: »
    I'd like to get his plays, but I doubt any of his numbers would still be available when you post them

Not true. His numbers generally do not move until very close to tip when he finally goes to the screen. The moves at open are often times being hit the wrong direction. It's exclusively offscreen for around 10 minutes.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    Not true. His numbers generally do not move until very close to tip when he finally goes to the screen. The moves at open are often times being hit the wrong direction. It's exclusively offscreen for around 10 minutes.

Yea for 2nd halfs
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »

I did have to do advanced googling to find DH Hs site.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Yea for 2nd halfs

His full games are low volume and a much lower edge. 1-2% max. I don't even bother. They are only made to keep the book happy with full game stuff.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay :basketball:
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    anyone have feedback on SweetJones55 nba service?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2014

Search for last year's thread please
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2014

Shill
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Jafar, you got any rough numbers on his 1st Half and full games from last season from haralabos?
  • talkingpracticetalkingpractice Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    it's probably a bad idea to follow any sort of NBA tout. i can't think of a scenario where anyone who could actually beat NBA would be posting picks and/or selling them to others for a fee.