Betting Talk

Hoops Cappers

2»

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    it's probably a bad idea to follow any sort of NBA tout. i can't think of a scenario where anyone who could actually beat NBA would be posting picks and/or selling them to others for a fee.

I follow you on twitter you do good stuff.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    it's probably a bad idea to follow any sort of NBA tout. i can't think of a scenario where anyone who could actually beat NBA would be posting picks and/or selling them to others for a fee.

are you thinking about posting this year on twitter or here?
  • talkingpracticetalkingpractice Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    are you thinking about posting this year on twitter or here?

never done it before, pretty sure its highly -ev for me.

you can prolly make a good guess at some things im on (after the fact), if im complaining a lot about something one night...
    edited October 2014
    never done it before, pretty sure its highly -ev for me.

you can prolly make a good guess at some things im on (after the fact), if im complaining a lot about something one night...

You can bet it first, then post later that way it wont be -ev for you. Just curious to see your approach in the NBA
  • talkingpracticetalkingpractice Junior Member
    edited October 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    You can bet it first, then post later that way it wont be -ev for you. Just curious to see your approach in the NBA

we historically dont do that either, because the info contained in whoever we are long/short on day x may give a clue as to what we're thinking for day x+1, or what we're thinking globally, etc.

in general, when larger wagering groups give something away, my assumption would be that theres a motive behind it.
  • jaybiz773jaybiz773 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I'll consider posting haralabob this year. He doesn't start till a couple weeks into the season.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

Hope people on here really dont believe whatever this guy is saying. You post his stuff and I'll pose for pictures sitting atop my pet unicorn.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    jaybiz773 wrote: »
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

Hope people on here really dont believe whatever this guy is saying. You post his stuff and I'll pose for pictures sitting atop my pet unicorn.

Clearly, you don't know me.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited October 2014

I'll give that a lol.
    edited October 2014

Well, Jafar lets see...according to your Disney wiki page (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Jafar):

You have been featured in a number of Aladdin movies.

You also go by the names "Vile betrayer", "Se?or Psychopath", and "Cowardly snake"

Your personality traits include: Cruel, evil, dark, conceited, snobby, selfish, power-hungry, vindictive, plucky, psychotic, insane, dramatic, shadowy, sneaky, persuasive, classy, cynical, vain, deceptive, impatient, smooth-talking, dishonest, gradually pompous.

Furthermore you are described as...
    "amoral psychopath who'll not hesitate to destroy anyone he perceives as a threat to his own sinister designs. Like numerous clinically-diagnosed psychopaths, Jafar wears a metaphorical mask of normalcy throughout the film, establishing himself as a cool-headed schemer and gaining the trust of those around him, despite his rather untrustworthy physical appearance."

All of which sound about right for a guy who would brag about a highly unethical move of posting a large market movers plays here. I still call BS. Man, I sure miss the days when crap like this wasn't allowed here.
    edited October 2014
    This is a fun thread :basketball::basketball::basketball:
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    This gon be good!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    This gon be good!

Sorry to preemptively ruin the fun, but if this thread doesn't remain civil, it will be closed.

It's OK so far, but I'm sure everyone involved can see where it's potentially headed and I'd rather nip it in the bud rather than have to deal with ongoing nonsense.

Carry on for now, but please keep the rules of the forum in mind. Thanks.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    Well, Jafar lets see...according to your Disney wiki page (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Jafar):

You have been featured in a number of Aladdin movies.

You also go by the names "Vile betrayer", "Se?or Psychopath", and "Cowardly snake"

Your personality traits include: Cruel, evil, dark, conceited, snobby, selfish, power-hungry, vindictive, plucky, psychotic, insane, dramatic, shadowy, sneaky, persuasive, classy, cynical, vain, deceptive, impatient, smooth-talking, dishonest, gradually pompous.

Furthermore you are described as...
    "amoral psychopath who'll not hesitate to destroy anyone he perceives as a threat to his own sinister designs. Like numerous clinically-diagnosed psychopaths, Jafar wears a metaphorical mask of normalcy throughout the film, establishing himself as a cool-headed schemer and gaining the trust of those around him, despite his rather untrustworthy physical appearance."

All of which sound about right for a guy who would brag about a highly unethical move of posting a large market movers plays here. I still call BS. Man, I sure miss the days when crap like this wasn't allowed here.

Did you seriously Wikipedia a Disney character?
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    i love internet good fellas
    edited October 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Sorry to preemptively ruin the fun, but if this thread doesn't remain civil, it will be closed.

It's OK so far, but I'm sure everyone involved can see where it's potentially headed and I'd rather nip it in the bud rather than have to deal with ongoing nonsense.

Carry on for now, but please keep the rules of the forum in mind. Thanks.

You're right. My sincerest apologies.

Its completely plausible a forum member here has access to some of the sharpest NBA out there and is going to be kind enough to post it all for free and while forum members here subsequently move the line. I for one am really looking forward to what might be the best info in any sport that has been posted on this site for free to date.

We all should preemptively thank Jafar for his generous offer. You are a man amongst men, Jafar. I for one am just proud to say I am one of the lucky few who knew you prior to your Nobel Peace Prize for generosity. And they say moviestars are all a bunch of selfish, pompous, self absorbed individuals. Really glad all the acclaim from the numerous Disney roles hasn't gone to our dear friend's head.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Are the RAS bball packages not available anymore? They were posted on the website weeks ago, but not there now?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    JB531 wrote: »
    Are the RAS bball packages not available anymore? They were posted on the website weeks ago, but not there now?

They commented in here last week saying that they were "Tweaking" some things. So I would imagine they'll be back up before too long.
    edited October 2014
    You're right. My sincerest apologies.

Its completely plausible a forum member here has access to some of the sharpest NBA out there and is going to be kind enough to post it all for free and while forum members here subsequently move the line. I for one am really looking forward to what might be the best info in any sport that has been posted on this site for free to date.

We all should preemptively thank Jafar for his generous offer. You are a man amongst men, Jafar. I for one am just proud to say I am one of the lucky few who knew you prior to your Nobel Peace Prize for generosity. And they say moviestars are all a bunch of selfish, pompous, self absorbed individuals. Really glad all the acclaim from the numerous Disney roles hasn't gone to our dear friend's head.

I like this guy.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    I like this guy.

That makes one of us....
    edited October 2014
    I was being sarcastic. He seems like a more intelligent form of that one guy that was around a lot in the beginning of the summer. Can't remember his screen name but he drove everyone absolutely nuts and if I remember right he solely bet his plays based on what he thought were facts when a line hit a certain number.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know what happened to hoopsburger. I always made money with him but his website is down. Hoping he will be back this season.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I read somewhere him and hockey nut eloped
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I read somewhere him and hockey nut eloped

Eloped? You know how to reach him?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

Hey jaybiz, I'd really like to see those pictures