another banning

2»

Comments

• eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I vote Jafar honorary moderator
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    RAS just pulls of their most miraculous win of the season and golfer is not there to enjoy it!!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    RAS just pulls of their most miraculous win of the season and golfer is not there to enjoy it!!

I thought same thing when I saw result this morning.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    I thought same thing when I saw result this morning.

I thought "wow, I ran good for a change and won money" but that's just me.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    1. The very first posting rule is "Show respect for all members and users of this forum, past and present. Debates of opinion are welcome but must be carried out respectfully."

This is the gray area that makes things tough for people to understand and comprehend because said behavior is continally tolerated with some and not with others. There needs to be a fine line and instead its left up to the mods descretion. Which in some cases I've full heartedly agreed upon and other times not so much.
    edited October 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    1. The very first posting rule is "Show respect for all members and users of this forum, past and present. Debates of opinion are welcome but must be carried out respectfully."

This is the gray area that makes things tough for people to understand and comprehend because said behavior is continally tolerated with some and not with others. There needs to be a fine line and instead its left up to the mods descretion. Which in some cases I've full heartedly agreed upon and other times not so much.

I agree that this will always be subjective and left up to judgment calls, some of which not everyone will agree with. But short of running the forum in an overly fascist manner or making it a free-or-all, which I highly doubt anyone wants (myself including), I'm not sure there's any way around it. Do you have an alternative suggestion?

Someone has to use judgment to enforce the rules and naturally that falls to the owner and his staff. We do the best we can and welcome constructive criticism when presented respectfully. If I understand your post correctly, you seem to feel that we're not enforcing the rules equally amongst all posters. All I can say is that it's certainly not our intention to treat anyone differently than anyone else and the mods will continue to strive to achieve that goal.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    We may not all agree (even mods & I) exactly where to draw the line, but I think we all agree that a line needs to be drawn at some point. As has been mentioned very few posters get banned here, when they do it is usually the result of multiple offenses, and even then opportunities to return are often given.

Considering Golfer was a sub, and Kahuna a long time member, it would seem that the door is slightly ajar for an eventual return should those guys choose to do so.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    I agree that this will always be subjective and left up to judgment calls, some of which not everyone will agree with. But short of running the forum in an overly fascist manner or making it a free-or-all, which I highly doubt anyone wants (myself including), I'm not sure there's any way around it. Do you have an alternative suggestion?

Someone has to use judgment to enforce the rules and naturally that falls to the owner and his staff. We do the best we can and welcome constructive criticism when presented respectfully. If I understand your post correctly, you seem to feel that we're not enforcing the rules equally amongst all posters. All I can say is that it's certainly not our intention to treat anyone differently than anyone else and the mods will continue to strive to achieve that goal.

Keep doing what you're doing, you have one of the most thankless situations possible. You will never make 100% of the audience and participants happy but as long as I've been a member of the board you've (along with other mods) done a remarkable job imo....having said that, have you noticed that in almost a 1000 posts and 51000 views in the stock market thread that not once has there been any banter or non respectful posts....consider what posters have not ever been in that thread...just some food for thought. Kids will be kids, thus the romper room reference in my last sports thread when it started to get hijacked ;)
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    This is a great site

Rightfully, I have been banned twice

I do not plan to be barred again

The BT Team does a GREAT JOB!!!
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    This is a great site

Rightfully, I have been banned twice

I do not plan to be barred again

The BT Team does a GREAT JOB!!!

What the heck did you do to get banned? You seem like a simpleton kind of dude.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    TheReb wrote: »
    Keep doing what you're doing, you have one of the most thankless situations possible. You will never make 100% of the audience and participants happy but as long as I've been a member of the board you've (along with other mods) done a remarkable job imo....

Damn it! I was really thinking Goats was going to drop his first "Thanks" button on this post, no such luck.

Goats, were you even close?
    edited October 2014
    Damn it! I was really thinking Goats was going to drop his first "Thanks" button on this post, no such luck.

Goats, were you even close?

Saving it for retirement.