• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Good pick ed
  • alamoalamo Member
    edited October 2014
    Couldnt take a kneel as Vandals wouldve called a timeout
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Saw it coming, they don't take the knee in college. It seems like we've lost a lot of close ones this year.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    alamo wrote: »

Why would a team take a time out with 10 seconds down by 16... What a scumbag move by that team... And what another shity fucken week.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    alamo wrote: »

They didn't call a timeout the previous 4 plays, why would they have called a TO?
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    What an asshole.

Chiefs did the same thing vs Dolphins this year. I've never seen it before in 20 years and now have seen it twice this year. Some years are just not meant to be
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    By scoring that last TD, not only did it go over, but Ga Southern covered because of it. What's the old saying in college football, you gotta keep the boosters happy
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for another shitty fucken week
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Easy Hook, the mods aren't in the mood. Golfer just got whacked
    edited October 2014
    kane wrote: »
    By scoring that last TD, not only did it go over, but Ga Southern covered because of it. What's the old saying in college football, you gotta keep the boosters happy
    I think you are a 100% right in that. Get the cover for the boosters... He will get a fat envelope for that td.

I'm just frustrate man.. I have been doing this for 15 years and I have never lost so much in a six month period.... Just need to vent!!!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    buythehook wrote: »
    I think you are a 100% right in that. Get the cover for the boosters... He will get a fat envelope for that td.

I'm just frustrate man.. I have been doing this for 15 years and I have never lost so much in a six month period.... Just need to vent!!![/QUOTE]

I feel your pain brother. Hey, I've got an idea, how about starting "Buythehook's bitch thread"
    edited October 2014
    No one can replace golfer and I only bitch after the game ends...Not at 1215pm on a Saturday...loll
    edited October 2014
    I thought the line was 24.5, but maybe it bet down at game time.

Does GA Southern have boosters?

Anyways, it's been my worse 6 weeks by multiple times any other time. Thankfully the world cup was my best 4 weeks - still very painful. Mindboggling new ways to lose every weekend.
  • alamoalamo Member
    edited October 2014
    I guess the other side of the coin is we won today that we had no right in doing so. An 80 yd td scored by EMichigan when they were trying to run out clock with 2mins to play to give us the miracle over. (there was 21pts scored in the final 4'30sec). They say its human instinct to only remember the bad beats.
    edited October 2014
    While we are discussing horribly painful things to watch, let's add Connecticut's offense. Seriously, they should punt on first down.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Golfer just got whacked

he earned it...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    he earned it...

Someone mentioned to me how boring this place has gotten recently, and say what you want about him, but Golfer was anything but boring. I liked the guy, hopefully it's not permanent. All Golfer does is post things that a lot of us are thinking, but wouldn't say. There's a little Golfer in all of us Newc.
    edited October 2014
    This place has gotten so dead it is sad and I do miss golfer a lil bit :)
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    i agree. we need "sweat" threads for RAS and Y. It helps us vent when things are going bad and to celebrate when they are going well.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    ProCap took a bad beat with that Old D game. 21 pts in the last 3:45
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    #FreeGolfer

+1 on the this place is dead recently
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    he earned it...

Is the thread where he gets " whacked " still around ?
    edited October 2014
    luckily for me I have 2 boys at home under 3 to entertain me... :). golfer simply got old and stale IMO. simply a degen that can't handle loses so he bitches about everyone before they even are a foregone conclusion. I guess he just needs to gamble for a much longer time and he'll realize that he was annoying himself as you can't simly complain about every play that loses and not mention any that win. before the season he praised RAS the all mighty and now comes on with snide remarks like he does. I hope im in the majority as the guy is beyond brutal. glad hes gone personally...
    edited October 2014
    Someone mentioned to me how boring this place has gotten recently, and say what you want about him, but Golfer was anything but boring. I liked the guy, hopefully it's not permanent. All Golfer does is post things that a lot of us are thinking, but wouldn't say. There's a little Golfer in all of us Newc.

I have often wondered if golfer was your lil bro :)
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Too bad he's gone. Golfer and Lakers22 were vying for Sportsman of the Year here @ Bettingtalk. Maybe we can award him posthumously if winner.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    "gone" as in "permanently gone"?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I have often wondered if golfer was your lil bro :)

Newc, the thing of it is, this place has gotten boring. Take Contrarian/Jalapanose for example, while he certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea, at least he brought some "juice" to the forum, people who liked him always checked out his posts, but people who didn't like him were the first to click on whatever he posted. It's kinda like the Howard Stern movie, people who hated him listened to him more than the people who liked him. I realize you didn't like the Golfer bitch thread, but you always clicked on it to see the stuff he was posting. I think the guy is entertaining, yeah he was a bit over the top at times, but at least he brought something to the table. I don't know how many members belong here, but how many post on an active or even semi-active basis, not many. I belong to three other forums besides this one, and this is still my favorite place by far, but something needs to be done to encourage more posters. What that something is, I don't know, but banning guys isn't the answer, unless of course there's no choice. Not to mention RAS ends their season next week, so the Golfer bitch thread would have died out anyway. I don't know if his banning is even permanent or temporary, but the bottom line is chasing away posters isn't the way to keep this forum as good as it could be. Sorry for rambling, but this is how I feel.
    edited October 2014
    I hear ya kane and I think you're an excellent poster/asset to the board but golfer's whining can't be something you should think would be a source of positivity to the forum when it comes to the goal of the forum in general. we just see it differently. I don't really come on here much anymore as I don't have as much time but when I do come I would rather see more talk on plays and ways to win vs his constant rants of negativity. too each his own my friend :).
    edited October 2014
    all golfer used to say was how much RAS made him over the years? now all of a sudden this year he bitches every play that is a 'bad' or 'awful' play according to him when it loses or is losing in the first minute of the game. degen and can't handle losing.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Why anyone would pay 4k for any sort if picks is beyond me. Regardless of how the plays turn out. Plenty of free winners around this place with lines that are actually available to the average joe. I have zero sympathy for Golfer, it was a long time coming.