Betting Talk

Adam Wainright

kanekane Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
I've been hearing some rumors about a supposed bad elbow. The Cards are denying anything is wrong with him, but you would expect that whether it's true or not. In his last start, everyone remembers Kershaw getting lit up, but Waino pitched horribly too. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or if there are any members that follow the club close enough to maybe know something. If he is indeed hurt, needless to say that would be very valuable information. TIA to anyone taking the time to respond.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    They deny it, but I believe there is some truth to it. He's had elbow surgery before. Not gonna get involved either way pregame. Just watch and maybe bet in-progress if I see some holes.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    They deny it, but I believe there is some truth to it. He's had elbow surgery before. Not gonna get involved either way pregame. Just watch and maybe bet in-progress if I see some holes.

I agree with this and bet San Fran.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm on SF too as I think there is good value
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2014
    He's had some kind of issue the last two months, if not longer. He has an easily repeatable motion, which is why he has always had great control. The last couple months, he has been very inconsistent in repeating it which is a major reason why he has been all over the place. He's thrown more pitches over the middle part of the plate the last two months than he did all last year and the 1st 3-4 months of this year. Dead arm = "we are admitting something is wrong but we don't want people to know what it is". Dodgers figured it out when his breaking ball flattened out which is the first sign of shoulder/elbow pain. He also wasn't committing to his cutter which is why he can't control it. When someone as good as he is starts to struggle at what they are great at, they are fighting some type of pain.