Betting Talk

Todd Gurley

kanekane Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
I'm sure by now most have heard about this, but if you missed it, he was suspended for signing some memorabilia. I know these guys are trying to make some extra cash, but it's pretty selfish of him knowing how much it would hurt his team if he got caught.

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I have a classic story. I logged into my 5dimes today at around 3:30 pm CST and was looking at some props. I'm a big WI fan and Gordon has been awesome and I think they have a shot with their schedule to win out so I put $5 on Gordon to win heisman at 25-1. Then I see that Gurley is 1-2 to not win Heisman, which I think is way off given that the award has gone to Qbs more recently and so much of the season is left (also he has been hurt before). So I put down some $ on that. This news comes out maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours later and now my account is suspended! Unreal luck/bad luck.
  • gopherpuckgopherpuck Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Live in Dawg country.

Story is he got a lot, I mean a lot of money..

Coaches apparently did not know .

He may not be only one.

All hearsay but from a trusted source.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Man, this Tony guy thinks I am some sort of high rolling insider or something that had inside info. This is like top 10 craziest things that has ever happened to me.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    gopherpuck wrote: »
    Live in Dawg country.

Story is he got a lot, I mean a lot of money..

Coaches apparently did not know .

He may not be only one.

All hearsay but from a trusted source.

Who am I to tell some college kid what he should or shouldn't do, but the same money will be there when he turns pro, to me he acted in a selfish manner, putting himself ahead of the team. If I was a teammate of his, I would be very upset by this. I hope you're right and Richt didn't know anything, I've always liked him and I hope he's as surprised by this as everyone else.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I just love how they take the line OTB for a fricken' injured RB for over 3 hours now. LOL. Yeah, he's a very good RB that UGA has relied on a good bit, but he's a RB. Insert replacement, adjust the #, and put it back on the board. Ridiculous.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't know much about the situation in detail other than espn stating he accepted money for signings but why would he get a larger penalty than manziel last year?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    I don't know much about the situation in detail other than espn stating he accepted money for signings but why would he get a larger penalty than manziel last year?

My uneducated guess...Manziel denied/fought it and worked out a deal. Gurley admitted to it.
  • jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Non-drug/violence related suspension.....no stock drop....no more hits...no more chance of being injured before the draft....lotta cash in pocket.

Gurley being advised well in my opinion.........my 2 cents
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    He may be reinstated. Depends on how much Richt and AD value their teams chances going forward.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    The kid is from Tarboro, NC. I grew up in the town next door, Rocky Mount. He was dirt poor. I bet he has been getting money from go.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    He may be reinstated. Depends on how much Richt and AD value their teams chances going forward.

UGA thinks they can make the final 4. So...they applied for reinstatement and Gurley is practicing with the team. Don't be surprised if he is allowed to suit up and play vs FL @ Jax 11/1.