Betting Talk

CFB--Time Changes

BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
TV seems to have completely taken over the times CFB games are played. This week on Sat (Oct 4th) I believe there are 51 primary schedule games and there are 33 time changes from the original kickoff times. I guess it's the old "follow-the-money" syndrome at its best

Comments

• BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    TV seems to have completely taken over the times CFB games are played. This week on Sat (Oct 4th) I believe there are 51 primary schedule games and there are 33 time changes from the original kickoff times. I guess it's the old "follow-the-money" syndrome at its best

I guess news travels at a snail's pace in the Cheese state--- this has been gradually getting worse ever since ESPN became a household word.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I guess news travels at a snail's pace in the Cheese state--- this has been gradually getting worse ever since ESPN became a household word.
    News at a snail's pace--I guess so. Why I just heard about this new-fangled invention called "the internet". I don't imagine it will ever really "take hold" but I guess some people think it might.
    The original point of my post was meant to be: that while ESPN and other company's power over college sports has been growing each year, IMHO it has gotten to the point where it's ridiculous.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    What difference does it make what time a football game starts unless you have tickets to game?
    edited October 2014
    News at a snail's pace--I guess so. Why I just heard about this new-fangled invention called "the internet". I don't imagine it will ever really "take hold" but I guess some people think it might.
    The original point of my post was meant to be: that while ESPN and other company's power over college sports has been growing each year, IMHO it has gotten to the point where it's ridiculous.

Understated.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Many (if not most) of them aren't actual time "changes", it's just waiting until a week or two before the game to set the kickoff time. With the amount of $ that the schools/conferences are getting out of these TV contracts, is it really that crazy to allow the networks to have some flexibility to place the games in the timeslots that they want to place them?
    edited October 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    Many (if not most) of them aren't actual time "changes", it's just waiting until a week or two before the game to set the kickoff time. With the amount of $ that the schools/conferences are getting out of these TV contracts, is it really that crazy to allow the networks to have some flexibility to place the games in the timeslots that they want to place them?

Understood. But, would it be so crazy to just print the schedules with the times left blank?